Expert 3.9 Help

[Post New]by debbieluigi on Nov 18, 16 4:10 PM
I cannot seems to get through this level without time running out..any advice or tips would be great!

tyler2
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Re:Expert 3.9 Help

[Post New]by tyler2 on Nov 20, 16 12:36 AM
You know how sometimes you manage to finally get a level just because you're tired of being aggravated by it and besides you have to go get dinner started? Uh, well anyway, that's what happened to me with this level. Oh, and I beat the developer's score on top of it. Sheesh.

You already know, debbieluigi, that I can't write a proper walkthrough to save myself, but the build order I did was:

Workshop - upgrade and upgrade again immediately - while the other worker is clearing the top section and getting the gift

Build the bridge right away and head down to the goldmine, on the way to the goldmine only clear the left rock that leads to the food bush, I never did clear the one just to the right of it.

Build the goldmine and add another worker, remove the little yellow crystal. You'll need to dig gold 5 or 6 times all together because you want to get enough gold to remove the stakes as fast as you can.

As soon as you have enough wood upgrade the mine to level 2, then again to get it to level 3. Once the mine is upgraded add your last worker.

I did build the Demeter obelisk (after everything else had been upgraded) and once I had cleared to the bridge is when I did something different than before.

Instead of continuing to use the extra resources bonus I started using Run Faster while the bridge was being built, and I kept using it. When you fill the pit by the last switch don't remove the stake by it or you'll be short on gold. Just hit the switch and continue to use Run Faster to clear to the final pit and fix the sign (where I was also able to use Work Faster thanks to the gift in that section).

I hope this works for you, but if it doesn't maybe it will give you some more ideas on what will. Good luck!

By the way, if you manage to beat the developer's record on Bonus Level 3... Please let me know how you did it, that one is driving me crazy!! I've gotten gold on it but am missing the dev's record by like 4000 points.

[Post New]by debbieluigi on Nov 21, 16 9:42 AM
Thanks once again Tyler2! I even beat developers records...thanks to you!!!! I am still working on Bonus level 3....But when I figure it out...I will let you know...hopefully I can help you out for once! Thank you!!!!

mamahill2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by mamahill2 on Nov 21, 16 3:38 PM
debbieluigi, if you get Bonus level 3 at developer record, yes please let us know. I cannot get it no matter what I try.

[Post New]by debbieluigi on Nov 21, 16 10:14 PM
(BONUS LEVEL 3)
I finally gold developers record on this one...I tried remembering the steps in order to get walk-through.
( I always used the extra resources bonus and one of the key things to remember is building Demeters obelisk early on)

-clear top portion to purple crystal
-use gift (extra resources bonus) to gather wood and gold
-upgrade workshop
-fill in pit to treasure chest and smash chest when you have extra resources bonus
-build Demeters obelisk while clearing down path to white tooth and gift
-upgrade workshop
-build goldmine and upgrade as soon as possible
-upgrade tent
-clear both large purple crystals
-remove boulder
-upgrade farm
-dig for gold ( try digging gold when you have extra resources bonus)
-build Medusa's lair
-fill in pit to gold tooth (remove tooth when you have extra resources bonus)
-upgrade goldmine
-fill pit to Cerberus
-remove ghost
-upgrade farm
(when filling in last pit I used the work faster bonus) (I also got food from the bush at the bottom when I needed to collect food for gold teeth)

I hope this helps!!!!

Edited on 11/21/2016 at 10:16:49 PM PST

mamahill2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by mamahill2 on Nov 22, 16 12:39 PM
debbie are you in expert mode on that, because im still like 3,000 away from beating developer score.

[Post New]by debbieluigi on Nov 22, 16 8:41 PM
yes I am in expert mode

mamahill2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by mamahill2 on Nov 23, 16 4:17 PM
lol then I must just really be terrible at it

Edited on 11/23/2016 at 4:17:36 PM PST

[Post New]by debbieluigi on Nov 23, 16 7:18 PM
mamahill2
I just kept doing the level over and over and I finally got it....it took me a while...I tried to remember the steps in the walkthrough..but it might need some fine tuning ...Keep trying...you will get it

[Post New]by LadyBlueEyes5555 on Dec 30, 16 4:20 AM
- Clear left to purple crystal, then next wood and gold.
- Collect gift and activate extra resources bonus
- Upgrade tent
- Clear down towards bottom right
- Collect gift and activate bonus
- Water sapling
- Upgrade sawmill
- Build goldmine
- Clear towards chest
- Collect chest
- Upgrade sawmill
- Fill pit next to Demeter's obelisk
- Build Demeter's obelisk
- Build Hermes' Obelisk
- Clear purple crystal next to Medusa's lair
- Build Medusa's lair
- Clear minotaur
- Collect gift and activate bonus
- Collect gold from dice
- Clear purple crystal next to Hercules
- Clear black boulder
- Upgrade tent
- Upgrade goldmine
- Upgrade farm
- Free Cerberus and defeat ghost
- Collect gold tooth
- Upgrade goldmine
- Fill acid pit
- Fill pit next to gold tooth and collect gold tooth

Make sure to collect gold teeth and gold from dice, as well as resources from the paths while the extra resources bonus is activated, as much as possible. I have followed this procedure and beaten the developer's record repeatedly, so it should work.

Go to: