siberlene
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

Eggs on the Wheel

[Post New]by siberlene on Nov 23, 16 12:39 AM
Does anyone know how many different types of eggs there are? I have 19 different types but I'm thinking there might be 20 (being a nice round number and all). I keep checking the wheel but so far haven't seen any that I don't already have.

I've checked the forum and can't find anything.

Edited on 11/23/2016 at 3:26:55 PM PST

ellenBea
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

Re:Eggs on the Wheel

[Post New]by ellenBea on Nov 23, 16 12:59 AM
There are 24 different kind of pet eggs. 5 for Christmas pets and 19 for ordinary pets.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Nov 23, 16 8:49 AM
ellenBea wrote:There are 24 different kind of pet eggs. 5 for Christmas pets and 19 for ordinary pets.

And, siberline........you will see the 19 regular pet eggs on your Egg page of your inventory.....you will see the Christmas pet eggs on your Event page of your inventlry

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Nov 23, 16 8:54 AM
Pet eggs:
Baby Pegasus
Egghead Owl
Emerald Dragon
Flap-Eared Puppy
Flirty Hippo
Funny Yeti ----- Christmas
Gold-Bearing Turtle
Good-Natured Hedgehog
Hopping tiger
Joyful Penguin ---- Christmas
Little White Bear --- Christmas
Nimble Squirrel
Odd egg ---- just an egg.....no pet associated with it (hence, the "odd")
Pink Piggy
Plush Panda
Purring Manticore
Santa's Reindeer --- Christmas
Sharp-Eyed Snail
Silly Seal
Snow Griffin
Spotted-Winged Parrot
Treasured Phoenix
Voracious Lemur
Well-Dressed Snowman --- Christmas

Of note.....there is also a Winged Cat, but it has no egg associated with it.....rumor has it that the "odd" egg was originally for this pet, but it was released without needing an egg.

[Post New]by walkingstar on Nov 23, 16 9:30 AM
Agram..That Is Odd! Happy Thanksgiving Everyday to All. Qatwar

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Nov 23, 16 9:40 AM
Wasn't the Odd Egg originally called the Weird Egg?

And I think the Winged Cat also originally had the word 'weird' in its name, hence people's assumptions that the game's original plans were to craft the cat using that egg.

And somewhere on the developer's drawing board, they must have planned for us to craft the snow griffin and then changed their mind, but neglected to remove the egg.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Nov 23, 16 11:22 AM
Well......I suppose it is possible to get a Griffin egg and craft it before you are given the free pet at Level 6.......

Wonder what would be the crafting requirements?????????

[Post New]by Elsaemerald on Nov 23, 16 3:21 PM
TiramaSue wrote:Wasn't the Odd Egg originally called the Weird Egg?

And I think the Winged Cat also originally had the word 'weird' in its name, hence people's assumptions that the game's original plans were to craft the cat using that egg.

And somewhere on the developer's drawing board, they must have planned for us to craft the snow griffin and then changed their mind, but neglected to remove the egg.

I don't think it is a remnant of a Snow Griffin egg because I got two of those on the wheel today(and I already have two odd eggs so they are not one and the same). Worth very little -- 50 coins-- and no one needs them as this is the one pet we are all able to get -- so I probably can't even give it away. If anyone on iOS really wants one let me know.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Nov 23, 16 3:57 PM
I didn't say the snow griffin egg was the same egg as the odd egg.

What I said was that when the game was first released, the odd egg was called a weird egg and that the cat had the word weird in its name.

The two eggs are similar in that they serve no purpose in the game: they are not needed to craft pets. It's likely that at some point in the development of the game, it was intended that players would have to craft the snow griffin (rather than just be given it) and that an egg would be needed to craft the cat.

Maybe the developers decided that the game would be better if players could get two pets quickly, rather than waiting a long time to win an egg on the wheel, but forgot to remove the now purposeless eggs from the game.

[Post New]by Elsaemerald on Nov 23, 16 5:14 PM
TiramaSue wrote:I didn't say the snow griffin egg was the same egg as the odd egg.

What I said was that when the game was first released, the odd egg was called a weird egg and that the cat had the word weird in its name..

Whoops, I misunderstood. Thanks for the clarification. That makes more sense to me.

siberlene
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by siberlene on Nov 24, 16 8:32 AM
Annelliegram wrote:
ellenBea wrote:There are 24 different kind of pet eggs. 5 for Christmas pets and 19 for ordinary pets.

And, siberline........you will see the 19 regular pet eggs on your Egg page of your inventory.....you will see the Christmas pet eggs on your Event page of your inventlry

Thanks Annelliegram, and also for the itemized list. How do you know all this stuff? It seems everywhere I go, no matter how random the question - there you are with the answer.

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Nov 24, 16 8:36 AM
siberlene wrote:

Thanks Annelliegram, and also for the itemized list. How do you know all this stuff? It seems everywhere I go, no matter how random the question - there you are with the answer.

Inducted by the "old school" (who mostly are no longer with us); dedication to the "cause" and an insatiable curiosity!
She is always there to help and I suspect that it gives her great pleasure to do so.

[Post New]by FreakieFaerie on Nov 24, 16 10:36 AM
Is it safe to assume that the Christmas eggs only drop during the Christmas Event? I have never seen them otherwise.

[Post New]by Elsaemerald on Nov 24, 16 11:01 AM
I actually did get a Christmas egg on the wheel several weeks ago. But it was listed as an unusual egg when it fell. I couldn't find it in my cache of eggs so I was a bit mystified. Then I checked the seasonal items and there it was -- the little white bear egg. What a surprise!

Go to: