bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Jewel Match Royale Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 24, 16 12:29 AM
Restore magnificent castles in a royal match-3 adventure! Traverse vast levels to help Matthew, the son of the royal gardener, win the hand of Princess Sofia, the heir to throne of Nerinia. Although Matthew is a wealthy man, he is still considered a commoner in the eyes of the nobility, and has but one path to becoming a nobleman: a challenge set to him by ruling Queen Meredith to restore the kingdom’s long-abandoned legacy castles and estates. Purchase unique power-ups in the Shop and use additional resources gathered from bonus games to add special decorations to make each restoration unique. With the successful completion of each renovation, Matthew is awarded a higher noble status, from lowly Knight all the way to honored Duke, bringing him step-by-step closer to his dream of marrying his beloved Sofia!

lisarossi
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

Re:Jewel Match Royale Collector's Edition

[Post New]by lisarossi on Nov 24, 16 12:41 AM
Sorry BF I knew there was a catch when you offer all games for $4.99 it has to be pretty bad not for me and I like 3 match games but this is really bad

roxycavalier
Stingray
Stingray
5,621 Posts

[Post New]by roxycavalier on Nov 24, 16 1:25 AM
It's Thanksgiving! This is a pretty lame game for such a special day and your sale for today is ridiculous! Who's going to spend 4.99 for a SE when they can't even use up their free game coupons?

lisarossi
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by lisarossi on Nov 24, 16 1:32 AM
How true you are they must think we stupid sorry

gryhndlvr
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by gryhndlvr on Nov 24, 16 3:35 AM
This is a sweet match game. Not quite sure what makes it a CE but it does have nice, crisp tiles, a story and bonuses to buy to build your castle. Just wish you had more options to buy things instead of the given looks of the castle.
Yes I agree, we should have a bigger " deal " on this holiday, but there is always tomorrow, Black Friday. Fingers crossed. If not, I will put this game on my "wanted " list and buy when there is a better deal. Happy Thanksgiving Day, all

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Nov 24, 16 4:17 AM
looks like a game made 50 years ago not worth a CE not even for $ 4,99
i wont say Thanks i played 2 levels and its boring and to much talk
so NO THANK YOU

BEN1972
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by BEN1972 on Nov 24, 16 5:00 AM
I've tried part of the demo and I like it. Swap the music with JM3 and it would be a lot better. When there's a sale on CE's I'm grabbing it.

gryhndlvr
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by gryhndlvr on Nov 24, 16 5:29 AM
cisca, they did not make games 50 years ago and we did not have computers, The $ 4.99 only applies to SE versions. I also will wait for a deal on CE's and maybe I will grab it then

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Nov 24, 16 7:00 AM
Hello Everyone!

A very Happy Thanksgiving to everyone celebrating today ....... and a very Happy Thursday to those who aren't! I hope everyone's blessings are many!

Not sure what makes this CE-worthy

Been replaying Jewel Match Twilight since Halloween! Guess it will have to get me through Thanksgiving as well.

EDIT: After playing this for a while .... all afternoon .... I have to say I'll probably be in the minority because I LOVE it. The graphics are quite nicely done, the music doesn't annoy me and there are many more bonus games than previous games. Unless the match 3 games become increasingly more difficult (say, impossible? ) I don't see the point of a walk-through OR a strategy guide. Therefore, only the extra levels, castles and bonus games make it CE - worthy for me. I'm really enjoying it.

I DO have some questions, though. What is the deal with the butterfly?? And, in the relaxed game, I'm not getting any type of tutorial to explain the bonuses. Have I missed something???

Edited on 11/24/2016 at 1:01:32 PM PST

[Post New]by gladysschmuck on Nov 24, 16 7:11 AM
Is it just me or was this game offered a month or two ago under another name? I swear I've played it before. It's okay but not great. I like Match 3 but this one is pretty boring.

Okay, after someone else mentioned beta testing this game I realized that I had too. That's why it looks so familiar. DUH! In my defense I've beta tested no fewer than 10 games in the past month or so. Hard to keep them all straight in my mind.

This isn't my favorite type of mach 3. I really prefer the ones in which there is a choice of objects to purchase. But, I'm about to be out of games to play so guess I'll buy this one.

Edited on 11/25/2016 at 7:12:56 AM PST

goldendog08
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by goldendog08 on Nov 24, 16 9:11 AM
I will pay double for collector's editions (even though you only get 1/3rd more game) when it's evident what you're getting for your extra money. But in this case I have every other Jewel Match game and I believe the later ones are the same length and have the same options and tweeks as this one. Unless someone can point out what the CE extras are this one will wait for the SE and a sale.

[Post New]by AverageSizeFish on Nov 24, 16 9:59 AM
Has anyone played the game through to find out what makes this a Collector's Edition rather than an SE?

Also, does it have the same story that you can't get rid of and mini-games that force themselves on you in the middle of a match-3 that they included in Jewel Match 4? I hated those elements of Jewel Match 4, and if this one has those things I don't want to bother with it. I loved the Jewel Match games until they started adding all kinds of compulsory "features" that aren't match-3 boards.

Ashm00r
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Ashm00r on Nov 24, 16 11:23 AM
Hi guys, I am one of the devs of this game and I will tell you what you get extra in the collector's edition:

You get full walkthrough
Detailed strategy guide
40 extra levels leading to a total of 160 - the game is quite a bit longer than any other we've released
2 extra castles

No minigames are mandatory, you can avoid them completely if you want even though many of them are still m3 boards with different mechanics

@gladysschmuck I doubt it was released a while ago, you may have played the beta big fish offered or you may have played it from another portal.

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Nov 24, 16 12:27 PM
I Beta Tested this game, and I liked it.

I do NOT see where it should be a Collector Edition game.

The game does have nice relaxing music.

It has a Map shows areas/boards that still have moves to be made.
There is a "level" of the game that is called "Garden", where you can play to earn extra money for the purchasing of your items.

There are excellent instructions on how to play the game.

Three modes of play are available: Relaxed, Timed and Limited moves.

When you get a certain point in the game, you can play Mahjong.

There is one problem: You cannot enter your name. The 0PLAYER (in the name area) cannot be cleared. I wrote this problem up when I Beta Tested the game, and the Developer did NOT fix this.

All in all, it is a nice game to play.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!!!!!

Edited on 11/24/2016 at 12:29:36 PM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Nov 24, 16 12:30 PM
It's got a built in walkthrough and a strategy guide under the "bonus" section of the game...I suspect that when the SE comes out that's all going to be gone, along with the 40 extra levels in the 2 bonus castles. @jcsgame I responded to your post in the tech issues thread, hopefully that works.

60schild
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by 60schild on Nov 24, 16 1:53 PM
roxycavalier wrote:It's Thanksgiving! This is a pretty lame game for such a special day and your sale for today is ridiculous! Who's going to spend 4.99 for a SE when they can't even use up their free game coupons?

I imagine they didn't offer any CE specials this week because of the release of the latest MCF game...they want to take in as many "full retail or full membership prices" on that one before their usual weekend sales.

JayTeeLine
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by JayTeeLine on Nov 24, 16 2:36 PM
After the developer posted info, I went ahead and used two game credits to purchase the CE. I really like it and am SO glad I chose to do so. What a beautiful game along with soft relaxing music. My kind of game - that is for sure. The time is flying by and I'm a really happy camper.

It is past my bedtime........so sweet dreams from Denmark.

JT

[Post New]by AverageSizeFish on Nov 24, 16 5:33 PM
After the developer posted, I tried the demo. As has been the case with more recent games, the board tokens show a lot of variety, are very pretty, and fit a theme (for example, the garden theme tokens include lace fans, top hats, and teapots). The music is low-key and relaxing, and matches cause a tinkling sound like wind chimes.

I was pleased to note that if you want you can click Esc to skip unwanted story parts (it would be nice if there was just an option at the start to eliminate the story altogether), and the match-3 boards are not interrupted by compulsory mini-games. Also, there is at least one new feature introduced in the match-3 (a butterfly token in the garden boards that doesn't drop in the typical fashion).

In between match-3 boards you can buy parts of your castle and decorate the exterior with your choice of statues, trees, planters, and similar items. For some reason, this part of the Jewel Match games always makes me happy, so I'm glad it's still in there.

I plan to get the Collector's Edition for the extra castles and levels, but I'm going to wait for a CE sale. This should hold me until it's the right time to play the Christmas-themed Jewel Match which I purchased after demo-ing but have been saving for the holiday.

Necromage
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by Necromage on Nov 26, 16 4:20 PM
Love the graphics and sound, creating a totally immersive ambience. The huge leap forward in the icon graphics on the M3 boards is what sold me. In comparison, Twilight may have beautiful castles to build, but the M3 boards' icon graphics are still flat and boring.

Only two minor improvements I would like to have seen:

1) Entrance to Magic Shop from Main Menu or Castle Building Scene ... instead of only from the M3 boards

2) Option to erase the trees / statues we have added ... allow us to have buyers' remorse and give us a second chance please

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Nov 26, 16 9:32 PM
@mrm2006: The butterfly gives you an extra star if you can get it to touch one of the outer edges of the garden room. It's tricky to move it around but the idea is you have to make a match next to the butterfly to move it a space. The powerups don't work on it nor do cascades. Oftentimes it's easier to move it up or sideways, not down. If you shut off the in-game popup help it won't give you any hints, etc. but all of that is explained in the strategy guide.

@Necromage: Once you unlock the wallpapers by completing a castle, you can then go to that wallpaper and play around with it as much as you'd like using the reset button. I think they didn't include this feature in the actual game since it might have bugged out the gameplay considering how often players would get "stuck" in previous games if they forgot to buy castle parts.

Go to: