bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Settlement: Colossus forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 31, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to Settlement: Colossus forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Settlement: Colossus players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

gilly85
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

Re:Welcome to Settlement: Colossus forum

[Post New]by gilly85 on Apr 2, 10 2:48 AM
Wow, what a superb HOG. I have just played the demo and am now going to buy it so I can make my magnet.

This - for me - has just the right balance of HOG, puzzle, tasks and above all - a goal at the end and no searching for pink flamingos on the ceiling of a cave !!!

Thank you BFG - but sorry can't stay, I have a town to build and people to feed.

[Post New]by zbatz7 on Apr 2, 10 8:47 PM
If you've not tried this game you are missing a HUGE opportunity for good fun!
This game should win some type of award. I've so enjoyed it, that I sure would love to see a Colossus 2 !!!
Great job to all involved!

frannycats
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by frannycats on Apr 5, 10 11:15 AM
I am completely *addicted* to this game, and I wish it could go on forever. It has a one-lof-a-kind interface. The search function has a real purpose! No looking for cell phones and umbrellas at the bottom of the sea. When I search the Carpenter's Shop, it is for the express purpose of collecting wood planks for various building tasks or wooden bowls for the Farm to use for various foods. I search the Farm, Harbor, and Bakery because all the citizens in colossus need food to survive.

The games are often unique, and always for a distinct purpose. After completing a game, I'm given an award to help me build more resources for the community.

Best of all, the scenery is exquisite in every detail, and the background music and sounds combined with the visuals lend a peaceful feeling of bliss while playing the game. I'm even fascinated by the tiny insects crawling or flying through the forest. In one forest scene it is stormy and the thunder and lightening are surprisingly realistic, but add to, rather than taking away from complete enjoyment of this game.

It was shocking to see today that Colossus doesn't even show up on the top 10 Downloads. IMO, this game should be Game of the Year. I'd gladly have payed a premium price for it had I known in advance how great it is.

And YES! I'll be playing this game over and over until its sequel game arrives. PLEASE give us a sequel.

gilly85
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by gilly85 on Apr 9, 10 3:11 AM
gilly85 wrote: Wow, what a superb HOG. I have just played the demo and am now going to buy it so I can make my magnet.

This - for me - has just the right balance of HOG, puzzle, tasks and above all - a goal at the end and no searching for pink flamingos on the ceiling of a cave !!!

Thank you BFG - but sorry can't stay, I have a town to build and people to feed.

Here I am again and yes - this should be Game of the Year. I am almost there, have played this every evening since buying it and will play it over again because it is brilliant. I echo all of the points from you Frannycats and the thunderstorm still takes me by surprise. Another thing though which is superb is the fact that even though I have visited the mountains numerous times I think it has changed view four times, the weather has changed and even the time of day. Superb. Only the harbour and the jewellery shop have remained unchanged. Maybe next time I'll be surprised.
I call 6 days of gameplay (about 16 hours so far) excellent value for money, and I haven't finished yet.

Edited on 04/09/2010 at 3:12:47 AM PST

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Apr 9, 10 5:44 AM
i'm going to go out on a limb here and say i absolutely agree with all the posters here... franny and gilly - let's make this game of the year!! the flexibility and complexity of gameplay have made colossus a stand alone in a world of junkpile HOGs and [ordered] task driven builders... even though i wish i could train someone to go do the harvest for me, i am absolutely in love with this game! and i give it a superstar rating 5/5 and two thumbs up !!

i think this is THE game that has something for everyone!

go progress!!

Sportspaz1449
Minnow
Minnow
294 Posts

[Post New]by Sportspaz1449 on Apr 9, 10 6:20 PM
WOW!
Thanks to all you fishies who have written about this game-
Y'all have practically convinced to just purchase without the demo!
But,I will need to download the demo first-as at times certain few games will not
play on my pc-so I will try the download,then if it does.....It's purchased!!!!

Thanks again my fellow fishies.....

Looks like I have a fun date with my PC tonight!!!!

I'll reply with my experience afer my date....

Happy Friday All!!!

~"CHEERS"

Edited on 04/09/2010 at 6:21:20 PM PST

Sportspaz1449
Minnow
Minnow
294 Posts

[Post New]by Sportspaz1449 on Apr 9, 10 7:39 PM
Howdy again!
I just finished my demo-" I COULDN'T STOP!" It downloaded in just 2 minutes 14 seconds! I was pleasantly suprised,and excited!

Also, I agree with you ember~franny and gilly..."GAME OF THE YEAR!"
Can't wait for new game credits for this one-"GOIN' IN TO BUY NOW!"

Thanks again my fellow fishie friends....and PLEASE~If any of you have other games you like as much-or just love in general~PLEASE,message me and let me know-I will do the same for you....

"Y'ALL ROCK!"

ON ME!!!!
"CHEERS"

Edited on 04/09/2010 at 7:41:09 PM PST

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Apr 10, 10 12:07 PM
welcome sportspaz to the pond and the colossus forum

and thanks for the and !

so glad you enjoyed this one! it really is not the typical game and i loved the sense of accomplishment i felt every time i was able to make some progress in the town! it's very addictive and so hard to turn away from - and i know that even though i have finished, i will be going back for more time and again!

another game that i wasn't sure about, but ended up loving is 'little folk of faery' - it's very whimsical and artsy, but like 'colossus' is a quest/task-driven game... no hidden object sections, though... if you're into TM. i have to suggest youda sushi chef - but you have to pretend you are the sushi chef and talk to your patrons while you play [that's what makes the game really fun!] but if you like whimsy in a HOG, then i would suggest 'madame fate' [unless you have already collected all the MCF games] or 'vampireville'... for mixed HOG and tasks, try the yard sale games - lucky junction is my favorite! for truly unusual, try *musaic box* or *the dark hills of cherai* - both i liked for the ingenuity of gameplay...

i could go on and on, but it's time to play!!

frannycats
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by frannycats on Apr 10, 10 4:49 PM
gilly85 wrote:
gilly85 wrote: Wow, what a superb HOG. I have just played the demo and am now going to buy it so I can make my magnet.

Here I am again and yes - this should be Game of the Year. I am almost there, have played this every evening since buying it and will play it over again because it is brilliant. I echo all of the points from you Frannycats and the thunderstorm still takes me by surprise. Another thing though which is superb is the fact that even though I have visited the mountains numerous times I think it has changed view four times, the weather has changed and even the time of day. Superb. Only the harbour and the jewellery shop have remained unchanged. Maybe next time I'll be surprised.
I call 6 days of gameplay (about 16 hours so far) excellent value for money, and I haven't finished yet.

Sorry, haven't got the hang of this forum interface yet. My *real* reply is below.

Edited on 04/10/2010 at 5:05:29 PM PST

frannycats
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by frannycats on Apr 10, 10 5:03 PM
gilly85 wrote: *snip* Here I am again and yes - this should be Game of the Year. I am almost there, have played this every evening since buying it and will play it over again because it is brilliant. I echo all of the points from you Frannycats and the thunderstorm still takes me by surprise. Another thing though which is superb is the fact that even though I have visited the mountains numerous times I think it has changed view four times, the weather has changed and even the time of day. Superb. Only the harbour and the jewellery shop have remained unchanged. Maybe next time I'll be surprised.

I just finished playing it through for the second time, and I loved it every bit as much. The only problem I had was there was one mini-game I couldn't finish (both times) - the one where you have to rebuild the horse statue. Both times I hammered those nails in a dozen times apiece and the hammer still wouldn't disappear.

Another thing I didn't notice happening the first time around was that after I got the pearl diving stuff, even though I bought the extras to feed fish, etc. the fish never appeared again. Also the olives disappeared from the farm. I had to purchase olives from the seaside market to finish one part.

NO PROBLEMO. As far as I'm concerned, this still merits GAME OF THE YEAR. I've downloaded 3 or 4 other games since finishing this one the first time, but haven't bothered finishing any of them - just to boooooring after playing Colossus.

Checking out The Enchanted Canvases now, but from what I've read on its forum, I may trash this one after the trial.

Maybe one more time through Colossus, then I'll write a review. I LOVE this game!

[Post New]by shelenick on Apr 12, 10 6:58 PM
This was an awesome game. I agree wholeheartedly with so many of the other forum messages. It had everything; from purpose, to the ants crawling around, to mission and growth and growing momentum. Please tell me that there is something else like this out there. I feel like I have been spoiled now and will not be satisified with anything less beautiful. Please make a sequel - please tell me there is one in the works so I have something to look forward to - hope and patience will see me through until the next one!!! I was SOOOOOOOOOOOO addicted, I skipped my client work and plowed through it in about 6 hours - I was so sad to see it end.......please, oh please, tell me there is something like this I can find on BF!!!

[Post New]by bigfishsol on Apr 13, 10 2:09 PM
Please build another "settlement" game

Edited on 04/13/2010 at 2:11:27 PM PST

[Post New]by bigfishsol on Apr 13, 10 2:19 PM
bigfishsol wrote:Please build another "settlement" game

[Post New]by iamted on May 11, 10 8:50 AM
anyone know how to make all the torches light up the cavern? im chasing unlit boxes around in circles, i can get it down to about 5 unlit, then i need one more torch, lol. already finished the game, was just going back to get all the trophies,

i agree so far this is the best game to come out this year!

Sportspaz1449
Minnow
Minnow
294 Posts

[Post New]by Sportspaz1449 on May 12, 10 5:07 PM
ember89 wrote: welcome sportspaz to the pond and the colossus forum

and thanks for the and !

so glad you enjoyed this one! it really is not the typical game and i loved the sense of accomplishment i felt every time i was able to make some progress in the town! it's very addictive and so hard to turn away from - and i know that even though i have finished, i will be going back for more time and again!

another game that i wasn't sure about, but ended up loving is 'little folk of faery' - it's very whimsical and artsy, but like 'colossus' is a quest/task-driven game... no hidden object sections, though... if you're into TM. i have to suggest youda sushi chef - but you have to pretend you are the sushi chef and talk to your patrons while you play [that's what makes the game really fun!] but if you like whimsy in a HOG, then i would suggest 'madame fate' [unless you have already collected all the MCF games] or 'vampireville'... for mixed HOG and tasks, try the yard sale games - lucky junction is my favorite! for truly unusual, try *musaic box* or *the dark hills of cherai* - both i liked for the ingenuity of gameplay...

i could go on and on, but it's time to play!!

Thank you for the welcome! I'm sorry I haden't been back here-I was all caught up in playing...lol....
Hope there is a sequel-then.."RACE YA!!!!"....
Enjoy my freindly fishie!...

Go to: