bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Settlement: Colossus technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 31, 10 1:04 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, p lease get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

Re:Post any Settlement: Colossus technical issues here only

[Post New]by cll1950 on Mar 31, 10 11:41 AM
No sound. Even with everythig at max., sound is at best a whisper. Can't hear music at all. Never had a sound prob. before.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Mar 31, 10 12:08 PM
Hi cll1950,

I'm sorry to hear that the sound isn't working. Uninstalling and reinstalling your game may help. Here is a help article with more information Uninstall / Reinstall a Game.

If you are still unable to hear the sound above a whisper, you should contact Technical Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat.

Hope this helps!

bfgTigris

snaffins
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by snaffins on Mar 31, 10 6:21 PM
about 5 times the screen when black and stuck, this happened on trying to enter Jewellery shop, when I pressed control, alt and del and the task manager came up it came back. had to do the same thing each time.

[Post New]by aaashton on Apr 1, 10 10:49 PM
Game crashes when I get to the 'research stone piles' ... every time! I have viewed and followed all the suggestions re: frequent game crashes, but that doesn't help. What now ...?

Dynastia
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by Dynastia on Apr 13, 10 5:55 AM
Hello,

I installed and played the demo without any problem (WAP).

I bought the game, unlocked it and played it a bit WAP again. Quit. Reentered. And it said:

"Cannot find import, DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version FIle "FBNCore.dll", error 126."

The game would not open at all. Uninstalled, reinstalled and played WAP. Quit. Reentered this morning and the same thing happened!.

I am reinstalling the game again right now. Will I have to do that every time I want to play?

Thanks guys and have a nice day.

Edited on 04/13/2010 at 4:21:05 PM PST

muzicgal
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by muzicgal on Apr 14, 10 12:38 PM
I was having difficulty in researching grain and finally got past that. I now am stuck in trying to research dough. I have all the properties needed including the grain (finally), but the screen freezes and the game stops working. I have only one development left and I can't get to it. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks

muzicgal
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by muzicgal on Apr 14, 10 1:20 PM
I was able to finally get dough. I did it by closing the game, going to a different search area and then back to the bakery. It worked. I got stuck on statues and tried the same method, and it worked there also. I was wrong about having only one more development area. There are upgrades to be done on the buildings. This is an awesome game with absolutely gorgeous graphics. I love it. (except when I get stuck)

[Post New]by jenngrosholz on May 27, 10 2:27 PM
The game keeps crashing when I try to research molding clay. Help please!

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jul 8, 10 9:01 PM
I'm trying to demo this game, but it keeps freezing up hard. I'm currently uninstalling and reinstalling it for the second time, after checking for DirectX updates, Windows Updates, and video driver updates, and after uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe flash using IE 7 browser, and rebooting my computer once or twice along the way (because it was the only way to close the frozen game). I'll be looking to see if I can turn off the custom cursor, not that that's something that generally gives me game problems.

I've managed to get as far as researching baskets is all. It looks like a game I might really like. Got my fingers crossed I can get it to run.

Update: Well g-dang it... froze again, just when I was hoping... guess I'll let CS know this game's still got issues for some of us...

Before I do that... realized there was one recommended fix in the freezing game help section I hadn't done yet - uninstall and reinstall Adobe Shockwave, and reboot computer and reinstall game after that.

The remaining 10 minutes of my demo played ok, but went to Gamezebo to locate another demo to play to see if it plays ok now or not.

Update 2:

Freezing still happening within a half hour. I still like the game itself though. Off to lets CS and Alawar (developer) know of this issue, in case anyone thinks there are none anymore...

Edited on 07/09/2010 at 4:57:10 AM PST

ajuma
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,142 Posts

[Post New]by ajuma on Sep 15, 10 3:13 AM
I played this game through several times with no problem, but now when I get to the mountain and get the pieces for the grindstone, it tells me that I still need to get pieces (the icon still shows above the mountain).

The only way around this is to exit the game and go back in but now I have to play even longer to get the 2 hour trophy.

Seems to have happened after the "flash" update!!

whatleyk
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by whatleyk on Nov 21, 10 2:19 PM
I completed the game once with no issues. Each time since, I have pixelation issues. I have tried adjusting my screen resolution & adjusting the resolution within the game through the options menu. Sometimes the menu goes pixelly, sometimes the scene. It makes it very difficult to find items when you can't see them! I tried the fixes in the Help section, but they don't work. Also, if I close the lid on my laptop, the game freezes & I have to use Task Manager to end the non-responsive game & then restart it through the Game Manager. This doesn't happen with any other BFG game I own.

banshee10
Clownfish
Clownfish
564 Posts

[Post New]by banshee10 on Dec 31, 11 2:24 AM
I really like this game, but I can't go any further - I'm stuck in chapter 4.
I know that I have to update the farm in order to plow (I have to plow because I need grapes, I need grapes to get rid of vermin and so on and so on), but the little symbol above the farm (exclamation mark) just vanished and I can't enter this area anymore.
Maybe it helps to start again, but I'm not sure about that and since I've been playing for two or three hours I really don't want to give up for nothing.

Help, please?!

BTW: A happy new year, fishies!

lele2011
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by lele2011 on Feb 2, 12 6:44 AM
Hi to all!

I'm stuck with the Cartography building. I have the material but when I click 'research' the game crash and closed off.

Till now all it was working ok.

Any idea?!?!

thanks

Antonella

Update: It seems that I'm succeed to go on...

Edited on 02/02/2012 at 9:53:15 AM PST

[Post New]by errantdreams on Mar 24, 12 4:46 AM
I too am having the problem where when it comes time to model clay (build the bridge etc.) the game hard-crashes. I've successfully run through the game twice, so I have no idea why it's doing this now.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing. I tried re-starting the game manager, uninstalling the game, deleting all the game save/state info files, and then re-installing. Nothing worked; it still gives out at the same place.

I really enjoy this game (perfect relaxation when I need it), so I'm very much hoping there's an answer. However, since I see there are a bunch of others with this problem and no answer so far... ?

EDITED TO ADD: I found a solution for myself, so in case it helps anyone else: it turns out I hadn't played the game since I switched to a newer computer running Windows 7. This game needed to be run in XP compatibility mode to work.

Edited on 03/26/2012 at 5:52:05 AM PST

Go to: