bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Comments and Reviews for Heartwild Solitaire: Book Two

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 31, 10 1:21 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Heartwild Solitaire: Book Two? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Hope to hear from you!

bfgFlounder

sorahi23
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for Heartwild Solitaire: Book Two

[Post New]by sorahi23 on Mar 31, 10 12:55 PM
The cards were beautiful, the music was relaxing (though it got a bit repetitive), and the game play itself was great. However... I didn't really care for the bonus levels and the long run counter, while ok the first few times, was downright annoying by the end of the demo. Also, while the "heroine" of the storyline was probably supposed to be sympathetic, I reached the third chapter and merely found her whiny and annoying.

QuietLurker
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,497 Posts

[Post New]by QuietLurker on Mar 31, 10 1:51 PM
I have only very recently discovered the first one and love it. I am nearly all the way through (I think) the first time. But might not make it because I am out of Shuffles.

I finished the trial of this one and will buy it tomorrow. Surprised that the gameplay is not like the first one. This one is like Fairway Solitare - which I loved and played at least 4 times before getting stuck on Spike every time.

As in the first one, I will simply ignore and skip through the appalling stupid storyline.

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Mar 31, 10 6:09 PM
It's got good graphics, sappy story line and the only other thing that is really irritating is that on the last level for each chapter, "the one card" game, there is no way to skip to the next chapter that I know about. It can take forever to get this one. Does anyone know how to go onto the next chapter w/o having to try and get all the cards eliminated when there is only 1 card in the Deal pile???

katy12250
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by katy12250 on Apr 2, 10 1:45 PM
I really liked the first one and have played it clear through several times. I'm not sure since I haven't played the first one in awhile, but this one may have more levels in each chapter.

I totally agree that (1) the cards are beautiful, (2) backgrounds are fantastic, (3) the story line could have been taken out and not hurt the game at all. Programmers really should stick to programming and leave the story wirting to the pros.

I'm going to have to go back and look at the other game, but just going on memory there doesn't seem to be that much difference between the two of them. Altho book 2 does explain the scoring system a little - I never did figure out what was going on with the score in the first one.

While I like solitaire games, at this point I'm not sure that I want (or need) two that are so similiar (including sappy story line!). I'll go back and play the other one now and see if there is enough difference to warrant spending a credit on this one.

It is relaxing, as was the first one. Don't play this one to keep yourself awake. It's more likely to put you to sleep. Not boring, just soothing music, slow play, and... There I nodded off again!

If it was the DD at $2.99 there would be no question, but since it's going to take a credit and I went waaaay overboard last month, I'm going to have to think about this one. If you like solitaire games and don't have the first one (or have the first one and don't mind getting another similiar one), I would recommend getting this one, if only for the beautiful artwork.

Happy gaming!

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Apr 5, 10 12:56 PM
i used my punch card credit on this one because I enjoyed game one (and yes, I agree with everyone that the story line was stupid in both games, but I mostly ignore it). I really like solitaire, but I'm not very good at it. (My mother-in-law, who recently passed away at age 100, was still able to beat me at age 98.) This is a forgiving game that doesn't require you to be able to get rid of every card just to get to the next level. As someone who never was able to finish Fairway Solitaire, I hope to do better at this game (I did finish version one at least once). A note for those who don't like Tarot because it has wiccan/pagan aspects: the use of Tarot in these games seems very silly and not at all related to devining.

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Apr 11, 10 12:25 AM
Tried this game, but lost interest after 15 mins of playing. I think they could have had the bonus things a bit more exciting. Still the best solitary game would have to be Fairy Solitare.

kerry7544
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by kerry7544 on Apr 21, 10 11:21 PM
I loved Heartwild I and still play it frequently but Heartwild II is even better. I love te colors and the music as well as the games. Those are two of my favorite games I have purchased and I hope the people who have created them will do another at some time in the future. Thanks to Big Fish and Orchid Games.

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by katbear50 on Apr 29, 10 5:32 AM
While I like the Solitaire part of the game,
I agree the 'book' part could be left out and not missed.
This is not a game for a younger audience tho,
as the 'book' is more adult in content.

[Post New]by janeska on Jun 6, 10 2:08 PM
This game is too long and too boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kyasarin
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by Kyasarin on Jun 8, 10 4:15 AM
I'll probably buy this one because the gameplay is relaxing, and it really is a gorgeous-looking game. However, thus far, this "book" has only served to strengthen my conviction that Ross is a total jerk and Binky and Anne should just run off together.

[Post New]by money6669 on Jun 19, 10 7:47 AM
I love this game, but would like more info on the scoring. Especially the star.
Any help here?

knitnow
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

I like it (except for the 6s and 9s)

[Post New]by knitnow on Sep 18, 11 4:42 PM
I've just discovered this game, and am really enjoying it. It's basically like Fairway, Gunslinger or Fairy solitaires... the idea of playing cards in a value sequence (one up or one down). It adds points for cards played in suit sequence, so that adds a little twist.

I'd agree with others.. the 'story' background is just that.. background (useless)... I can't comment on the story itself because I just skip it.. so it's basically an annoyance. I'm here for the solitaire, not a bedtime story.

My major complaint is that the 6s and 9s are a pain to read, as they are drawn the same, just reversed... so...when i peruse the game board, I can't quickly tell if I've got a six or a nine available to play. (NOTE TO GAME DEVELOPER: please change this, and you'll have a TERRIFIC game).

Game boards are large and scattered, so it requires being alert... Playing the cards in suit order can make the game challenging.

Also, as mentioned previously, and explanation of scoring and winning (other than clearing the board) would be very beneficial.

nanadaisy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by nanadaisy on Sep 19, 12 9:40 AM
I love this game. I have played it sooooo many times. I find it so relaxing and do agree that you should play this in the evening or late at night. It certainly gets me feeling ready for bed. Sometimes if I play hidden object games or three in a row, my poor brain is bouncing and I am unable to get to sleep, but this one always sends me off. It wouldn't suit a lot of people, but hey, you can't please all of the people all of the time. I love solitaire games. Can we have more please.

[Post New]by ukhelen on Feb 25, 13 8:27 AM
I wouls not have bought Book 2 if I had realised that that was the only real difference in the program, ie a new story book. Since I have only read a bout 2 pages of the first story I definitely didn't want more of the puerile dross. (I guess it is written by men fantasising about what women really want from a relationship)
So unless you are a real fan of women as the underdog, save your money.
I love the graphics and layouts in this card game. As others have said it is very relaxing, but now I just have two similar card games.

Go to: