mirandashell
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

Gold to coin unlock

[Post New]by mirandashell on Nov 26, 16 10:37 AM
I bought 40 food ages ago but don't seem to have the gold to coin unlock. Am I missing something?

Guideo
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

Re:Gold to coin unlock

[Post New]by Guideo on Nov 26, 16 3:15 PM
I'm not quite sure what you mean by an "gold to coin unlock" . Items like collectibles, food, resources, keepsakes or vehicle upgrades are purchased either with Gold Bars or with Coins. There is no conversion of GBs to Coin, or the reverse.

I'd REALLY have like the developers to do that, but no.

mirandashell
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by mirandashell on Nov 26, 16 4:04 PM
Ha. I read it on another post in the guide to the plane repairs. Maybe I misunderstood or it's something they used to do but don't now.

Thanks for letting me know.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Nov 27, 16 3:42 AM
Nothing has changed on the game since Jan 2015 so what you read should be current if it was correct in the first place. How about cutting and pasting into this thread and someone can help with the actual quote?

However, what I think you are talking about is when a design item says it is XX amount of gold. If you click it ONCE it will tell you what you have to accomplish to get the item for coin instead.

As an example the Center Case for the Antique Shop:

The Bruce White........................................................ 2500 Coins
Kansas Chestnut 50 Gold................................... Reach level 24
Elite Oak 200 Gold.................Complete 30 Gold Collection sets
Royal Oak 440 Gold ..................................Finish 100 quests

If you click it twice and have the gold in stock you have bought the puppy so BE CAREFUL.

Edited on 11/27/2016 at 3:44:59 AM PST

mirandashell
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by mirandashell on Nov 28, 16 4:23 AM
Thanks for your reply, Oddly. This is the info I meant (bottom line):

"Q-2 “This piece of the sign needs to be ordered in. Complete the sub-quests to earn the part. Right scroll piece. Star earned.
2-1 Sub-quests-two parts: Fly to Italy and Fly to Egypt.
2-2 Upgrade your antique shop sign- White House Yellow 250,000 Coin (change from gold to coin unlock is buying any 40 food items)."

It's on the thread about the Museum Door quests.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Dec 1, 16 4:13 AM
Okay, So the requirement for the White House sign which is a required quest to move on in the game. It will go from Gold to coin after you buy 40 food items. Generally, the clams are the cheapest.

There will still be a requirement for the White House sign in the Antique Shop and I don't know about you... I would rather pay with coin than gold bars. Costs a lot but with how the auction is now, shouldn't take too long to get the coins to be able to buy the food and the 250,000 coin sign.

Guideo
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by Guideo on Dec 2, 16 1:51 AM
Thanks Oddly for picking up my senior drop! I completely forgot that part as I did it a LONG time ago game-time.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Dec 2, 16 4:55 AM
HA! Like I remembered! Behold the power of notes and spreadsheets!

mirandashell
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by mirandashell on Dec 3, 16 4:06 AM
OddlyEnuh wrote:Okay, So the requirement for the White House sign which is a required quest to move on in the game. It will go from Gold to coin after you buy 40 food items. Generally, the clams are the cheapest.

There will still be a requirement for the White House sign in the Antique Shop and I don't know about you... I would rather pay with coin than gold bars. Costs a lot but with how the auction is now, shouldn't take too long to get the coins to be able to buy the food and the 250,000 coin sign.

Oh I see! It's been so long since I bought 40 food that I didn't even know it was originally gold needed to buy the sign.

Thanks Oddly! That's really helped.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Dec 4, 16 5:20 PM
Sure. I went into the auction the other day and posted some things. Seems prices are through the roof on most everything. I don't know if you have played the auction part much - I would look at what is offered for sale and under cut slightly the most average price. Want to make big bucks? Search the highest price items first.

mirandashell
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by mirandashell on Dec 6, 16 8:09 AM
I'm fine for coins. It's gold I'm short of. I'm just waiting for the Xmas quest to start to get some.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Dec 6, 16 6:06 PM
I will be bringing up the Christmas quests up soon. The thing you need to do to get more gold during Christmas is leave the quest open. The thing to do now is to practice moving off quests without accepting the rewards.

Generally, we are so use to accepting the reward and going on to the next. It does take some reprogramming not to do it automatically. Christmas and Valentines have quests that are only available for 24 hours and will close if you take the reward.

mirandashell
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by mirandashell on Dec 7, 16 4:58 AM
Ah, that's interesting. I didn't know it was possible to leave the quest without taking the reward. So when it says 'would you like to collect your reward?' I can say no, without losing that reward?

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Dec 7, 16 4:52 PM
Exactly, you can move off a quest by using the previous and next buttons on the lower portion of the quest window. Although you do have to have one other quest to move to.

I had the quest for the Staffordshire teapot open for 6 months on one of my other games. Really loused up the flow of the game but small price to play. If I ever go back to that game, when the quest for the Mythical Cameo shows up on the Yacht I am leaving it open permanently.

Edited on 12/07/2016 at 4:52:51 PM PST

Go to: