Zork1
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

How long is this game?

[Post New]by Zork1 on Nov 26, 16 10:13 PM
I found this demo to be fun and had no problems tech wise (older acer, windows 10)
Did anyone finish the game?
I was on my way to the tower before the demo ended; just how long is this game? I am afraid it is very short.
Is the bonus game worth the price of a CE? I didn't see many of the usual perks.

Edited on 11/26/2016 at 10:14:07 PM PST

Re:How long is this game?

[Post New]by zellmom on Nov 30, 16 3:34 PM
Not worth it! Used to usual perks in a CE, not anything more than a demo gives me.

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

How long is this game?

[Post New]by Bartsister on Dec 1, 16 3:26 PM
Zork1 wrote:I found this demo to be fun and had no problems tech wise (older acer, windows 10)
Did anyone finish the game?
I was on my way to the tower before the demo ended; just how long is this game? I am afraid it is very short.
Is the bonus game worth the price of a CE? I didn't see many of the usual perks.

Hi Zork,

I just finished the main game and found it comparable in length to most all of the other CEs out there. Vendel's Strategy Guide page numbers are a bit deceptive. There will be less pages in them, but I have found their Strategy Guides to be more dense than other developers. So don't be put off on that account. It isn't a short game.

As far as extras? The only thing that's different here, is you don't get the opportunity to re-play the HOPs and mini-games. You get a bonus chapter, morphs in each scene, and collectible coins you can use to buy different backdrops and borders of the inventory bar and pop-up scenes. The other usual stuff like wallpapers, art, etc. is there if you are into those things.

Hope this helps you decide. I will play the bonus chapter tonight, but I had fun with this one. I thought it was nice. And for me? I have so many games in my queue, I never go back and re-play HOP scenes anyway.

ETA: OK, just finished the bonus chapter. Now that felt a tad on the short side and it didn't do much for me. There wasn't really much to it, IMO. If you liked the demo, I think you would do best with the SE on this particular one.

Happy Gaming

Edited on 12/01/2016 at 5:26:35 PM PST

Go to: