Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Adam Wolfe: Flames of Time here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 28, 16 12:38 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 11/28/2016 at 5:18:27 AM PST

pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Adam Wolfe: Flames of Time here.

[Post New]by pita1234 on Nov 28, 16 2:26 AM
Yet another Mad Head game I can't play - "not enough video memory." Too bad - looks good! Windows XP

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 28, 16 2:42 AM
pita1234 wrote:Yet another Mad Head game I can't play - "not enough video memory." Too bad - looks good! Windows XP

You can't blame the developers though. There comes a time when you have to upgrade your video card or get a newer OS version in order to keep up with the newer games.
I remember, years ago, when my graphics card was no longer good enough, and some of the images in certain games didn't show anymore. That's what happens when you are still using an old OS version and an old graphics card.

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 28, 16 4:28 AM
When I loaded both the Demo and then the whole game, I was asked to download an updated version of Direct X.

Not really sure what it does but the game worked fine for me on Windows 10.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 28, 16 4:40 AM
I always ignore the DirectX window when it comes up, because I have the latest anyway. This is just for those who are still playing on old computers, I think.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Nov 28, 16 5:22 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

Run Game as Administrator

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Nov 28, 16 5:22 AM
For players that are seeing a DirectX message, if issues are present when trying to download, please be sure to install this feature. DirectX is a supporting software that this particular game may need to run as it should.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

bfgBellerophon

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Nov 28, 16 10:49 AM
Soooo frustrated! Can't download the game. Get an error message that says .... "unspecified error". How am I supposed to know what THAT means. grrr.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Nov 28, 16 12:33 PM
Hi mrm2006,

I'm sorry to hear that there is some trouble downloading this particular game on your computer. It is highly recommended to refer to the following help article for troubleshooting steps:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If you continue to experience issues, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. If you are able to provide a screenshot of the error message, that would be helpful. I'll include a help article on how to obtain this information just in case it's needed below:

Taking a Screenshot

Thank you for your patience and understanding as the forums aren't equipped with the tools to provide in depth troubleshooting. The support team is always happy to provide assistance based on your computer's configurations. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by Bandito72 on Dec 5, 16 3:31 PM
I updated my graphics driver for Windows 10, but still says that graphic card not supported. What do I do now?

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Dec 8, 16 10:51 AM
Hi Bandito72,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still seeing that unsupported message after updating the graphics drivers on your computer, and thank you for letting me know the specific step you've already tried. Making sure that the drivers on a computer are updated is a good idea, as this helps make sure that the game has the right resources to run properly.

Since updating those didn't address this issue, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are able to gather information from that report which can help them provide additional, customized troubleshooting steps for your specific computer.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope this information has been able to help.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by brutus1959 on Feb 10, 17 2:09 PM
I HAVE BEEN PLAYING MORE COMPLEX GAMES THAN THIS ONE AND YET IT SAYS MY GRAPHICS CARD IS UNSUPPORTED. HONESTLY, I WOULD JUST LIKE A REFUND.

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

How Many Times Must I Start Over?

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Apr 9, 17 7:34 PM

Every time I click on "Options" or any other button other than "Play" when I click on "Back" it tells me if I want to change the language I have to restart. It asks me if I want to change the language. I have never even TOUCHED the language. I'm English, it's in English, I'm happy. But, if I say "no" it just takes me back to Options. So, I'm forced to restart. I've restarting several times already trying to get started.

Also, there is no question in Options that asks if I want the system cursor or a custom cursor. One thing is for sure, I DON'T want the system cursor.

Guess what? I get both. How do I get this system cursor off of the screen?

Everyone hailed this game as wonderful, so I'm trying it even though it doesn't look like my kind of game. Now I have to put up with these annoyances?

If anyone has ideas about these things, I'd recommend insight. If it gets unbearable I'll have to contact Customer Service, but I hate to do that because while they are wonderful, they can't fix anything, they just give me free games, and I'm not interested in free games.

[Post New]by gb121744 on Jul 4, 17 7:09 PM
I just cut and pasted this from another forum area after discovering this is where it belongs. The only thing I'll add is that I'm using a PC with Windows 10

First: I am playing this game and am excited to find this particular development company. I'd search by the developer every time and order whatever you develop (or have developed in the past).

I also feel I'm getting all my moneys worth if I only get two parts. I'll buy the next game as soon as you put it out there.

Having said that, though, I'm actually writing because I don't know where else to go. First time on the forum area. Here's my problem. Don't know where to go to report a glitch that has frozen my progress...

Can someone tell me if this happened to them and, if so, how do you get past it?

I'm in part two. I'm searching for the feather in the office to make the potion. Already got the two other ingredients and have "posted" them in the bar. I went to the desk, put the bird feed bowl on the desk and attempted to leave the desk and look for the bird seed. Hint told me to get away from the desk. I move down to where it is normally but the cogs just keep rotating there and no exit arrow appears. I'm stuck and can't get away from the desk. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Unfortunately, I also don't even know if I'll get a notification if someone does reply. Does BigFish send out an email or something. Sorry for seeming so much of a newbie. LOL

[Post New]by Merelan on Oct 2, 17 9:21 PM
On the scene where you place the bird food bowl, if you don't have the bird food and need to back up to the full office view, the bowl use icon overlays the back to previous scene arrow, and it's impossible return to the previous full office view. This is on the Mac OS game. Please adjust the icons to move them further apart. This appears to be a major bug in the game design, since other people seem to have this issue as well. This message is for the developers.

Edited on 10/02/2017 at 9:22:18 PM PST

Go to: