Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Adam Wolfe: Flames of Time here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 28, 16 12:41 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 11/28/2016 at 5:25:10 AM PST

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Adam Wolfe: Flames of Time here.

[Post New]by thistle809 on Nov 28, 16 1:49 AM
Based on the demo only: This is a bit different from most of the HOG's we see. It is a bit more "sophisticated" and does not have as many HOS's (at least in the demo) as most of this genre. The dialogue is more important than in the majority of games because that is where the story line is carried. This is definitely an Adventure/HOG because you have to think and work some things out as you go. There are mini-games, but even those are not typical. The graphics are clear and certainly capable of sending a chill down your spine from time to time. Do not expect the very intricately drawn scenes that many of the more recent HOG's provide, but try to embrace the very appropriate scenes that give the game its somewhat "gritty" tone. The music is quite appropriate and I did not find it distracting or annoying. The voice acting is very, very good. There is an interactive ("jump") map and four difficulty settings, including a "Custom" one where you can choose whether or not to have indications on the map for areas with objectives, "plus object" indicators for your inventory, mis-click penalty, length of recharge time for hints and the "Skip" option for mini-games, among others.

According to information found on the devs website, there are a total of four "episodes" to this game and it appears that this game gives us the first two. I hope the third and fourth will be released by soon. In a description from that site, it says it has about eight hours of play, if you have all four episodes; so this should provide about four hours since this includes only the first two. For those who are looking for a walkthrough, I did find a video one on the site that might be identified as "U Tube". (If I can help by providing the URL, just send me a PM.)

This will not be the game that everyone is looking for, but for some of us it will be quite intriguing. I'm off to use a PCC to grab this goody.

Edited on 11/28/2016 at 6:44:31 PM PST

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 28, 16 2:22 AM
What a nice surprise. I found the storyline gripping and was frustrated when the demo finished.

I bought it straight away and for some reason I could not use one of my PCCs to buy it, but as the game cost me only £3.03p I wasn't bothered.

No bells and whistles as it's a SE game but we do get a clear map which transports you quickly. Plus there are tips on when to use various things you have collected or been given near the beginning of the game.

For those who dislike fairytale/fantasy games I recommend you try the demo.

jmidge0217
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by jmidge0217 on Nov 28, 16 3:05 AM
You need to remove the automatic discount to use a free game code

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Nov 28, 16 4:11 AM
I did remove the automatic discount but a pop up message said it wasn't valid for this game. I tried the same with 2 other PCCs and the same thing happened. All PCCs I tried didn't expire until December 2016 and January 2017.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 28, 16 4:13 AM
Dax, I did use a PCC for this game (expired 28. December), and it worked fine.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Nov 28, 16 5:25 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Adam Wolfe: Flames of Time here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Adam Wolfe: Flames of Time.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Nov 28, 16 5:42 AM
Valdy wrote:Dax, I did use a PCC for this game (expired 28. December), and it worked fine.

So did I (PCC expiring 07/12) and mine worked fine too.

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on Nov 28, 16 7:12 AM
What a great game. Just listening to the Wolfe's voice is worth the price. Be sure and give it a try.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Nov 28, 16 7:27 AM
I have 5 free game credits so why are they charging me anything??

LuvSilkies
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by LuvSilkies on Nov 28, 16 7:49 AM
Daxadillion wrote:I did remove the automatic discount but a pop up message said it wasn't valid for this game. I tried the same with 2 other PCCs and the same thing happened. All PCCs I tried didn't expire until December 2016 and January 2017.

That's strange. You should contact CS and I bet they give you another coupon or your money back.
I just got the game with a free coupon and had no problems. I've been waiting for this game for months and was happy to see it this morning.

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Nov 28, 16 7:56 AM
you cannot use coupons from game manager screen. go back to home page where it tells tomorrows game today. then click on tgt and buy from there. then you can put in your coupon code. hope that helps.

Scottie12
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by Scottie12 on Nov 28, 16 10:09 AM
I used my coupon from game manager screen by unticking the automatic discount.

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on Nov 28, 16 12:36 PM
Naughty! you'll be removed if it's not a review!!!!
I liked this from the beginning, although I did wonder if all that dialogue would annoy me to start with....you know the way they do in the old movies..."my name's....etc", but actually I got to like it with the flow of the game,
We are told there's adult content in this (a gun?), which I think you get to shoot now and again, and I must say I like the graphics (Mr Wolfe is very easy on the eye )
I do tend to like the old crazy bonce games, with the odd one or two not hitting the spot.....but this one is A+
Thanks fellas!
(One small thing, the festering pizza in the first HOS, complete with flies....And I so fancied him before that..... Lol

kandinsky
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

A New Genre! review based on whole series

[Post New]by kandinsky on Nov 28, 16 1:00 PM
I have played the whole set of four and replayed part, as it debuted on another site, however I now have purchased it on big fish and so I think a reveiw of sorts here is not out of line and may be even helpful.

The game seems to me to be the opening to a whole new genre which is between casual gaming and hard core gaming It has the immersive element, action, graphics that the hard core games have however with the ease of play of casual games... everything that makes games casual and everything that immerses one in deep story driven games.
This will not appeal to factions of casual and of hard core gamers who find those genres as they are ideal.

To me it seems THE ONE that I had been hoping for and I do hope that response will leas to more such and also that more such are doable from a practical point of view, they certainly are done with more attention than most casual games.

About the story as a whole I will just say without spoilers that it is wonderful... of course it does not solve all the problems of time and the timeless that for that matter philosophers and scientists and mystics have not resolved in any simple way and of course it requires certain suspensions of disbelief and so on but it all holds together to the end. an end you may find neither sentimental nor perhaps too dark either...

the voices and script are,for a game, impeccable ... I played with the excitement of discovery one has with something new and fun and which one cannot wait to see how it will develop and...I bet you will too! Enjoy!

heleanthia
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

[Post New]by heleanthia on Nov 28, 16 1:42 PM
miss_marigold11 wrote:What a great game. Just listening to the Wolfe's voice is worth the price. Be sure and give it a try.

Oh I so agree. He is SOOO cool. I have this whole game through another site...
I actually had asked if Gabriel Knight was partially used as a model for Adam and the game developer said that yes they had had him as well as a few other characters as inspiration....

Edited on 11/28/2016 at 1:43:58 PM PST

ysbrand
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by ysbrand on Nov 28, 16 2:58 PM
Sorry people but I think this is an awful game. 9 mins into demo and I had to delete. Have a SE credit to spend and hope BF comes out with a SE worth spending my credit on before it expires. The game may have a caution for graphic content but I found it childish.

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Nov 28, 16 4:03 PM
I like the game EXCEPT for the supernatural part. It is just too hokey. It would of been a lot better if it was a regular mortal kidnapping with a little pyromania thrown in.

The graphics were a little better & the characters had much better mouth movements. Didn't really notice any "adult" content.

Story line moves along but again would be better without the aforementioned supernatural component.

No HOS per se but interesting puzzles along with a jump map & some "toys" such as a gun to use throughout the game.

FYI: Adam's "scapel" looked like a box cutter to me. Quite frequently it seems quality control is lacking with regards to using the correct names for objects.

Not sure this is a buy for me but as always try the demo & see if these "burning" flames are for you.

[Post New]by lorraine2215 on Nov 28, 16 4:28 PM
Great game! Wonderful voice overs. Fun to have a grownup HOG.

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Nov 28, 16 6:17 PM
Pretty good game! Mad Head comes out w/ interesting ones! My coupon work. I deleted the sale & it worked fine! I like the fairy tale games, & might even put this in that category. Yah no fairies or witches but not reality! Cause this is not reality! Don't know why they put a warning on it, Ive seen worse. But Mad Head is cool about that! I hope they never sale out to Epix games like other Devs.
What a treat! BFs stepped up there sight when they have so many cool games on off days! Been w/ BF for 10yrs! its almost like the good ole days!

Go to: