bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Christmas Stories: The Gift of the Magi Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 1, 16 12:29 AM
Welcome to Christmas Stories: The Gift of the Magi Collector's Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Christmas Stories: The Gift of the Magi Collector's Edition players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

malloot88
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Welcome to Christmas Stories: The Gift of the Magi Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by malloot88 on Dec 2, 16 3:00 AM
i have problems with starting up te game after i payd for the game and installed it

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Dec 2, 16 5:44 AM
I hope this isn't going to be the only Christmas game, and why was it released early, couldn't it have been released nearer to Christmas?

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Dec 2, 16 5:48 AM
j62janet wrote:I hope this isn't going to be the only Christmas game, and why was it released early, couldn't it have been released nearer to Christmas?

There's at least one more coming. I can't remember the name but I got a Beta invite a couple months ago for a different Christmas HOPA.

2cats4u
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

Yesterday's Code ??

[Post New]by 2cats4u on Dec 2, 16 6:26 AM
Morning to all Fishies in the Pond!, Does anyone know why yesterdays code (HUGE) was already shut-down this morning? I've always been able to use it in the morning the day after but not today. Boy was I surprised,

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 2, 16 9:29 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and help address the posts in this thread.

malloot88, I'm sorry to hear that three is some trouble getting this game to run on your computer. It may be helpful to try the troubleshooting steps in the following help article. By running the game as an administrator, it helps the game obtain the necessary permissions to run as it should.

Run Game as Administrator

If issues still persist, it is recommended to reach out to our Customer Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. The support team is always happy to provide steps that are specific to your computer's configurations. Please note that we ask technical issues be placed in the designated thread below:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: The Gift of the Magi Collector's Edition here.

By posting in the above thread it helps the Moderation Team identify trends in what player are experiencing to alert to the appropriate teams.

In regards to the release of this particular game, please keep in mind that the Moderation Team doesn't have control over game releases. We will pass this feedback along to the appropriate teams.

2cats4u, I'm sorry to hear that there is some trouble using a coupon code. It may be helpful to refer to the following help article:

Using a Coupon Code

If issues still persist, please reach out to our Support Team.

Thank you everyone for your patience and understanding. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Dec 3, 16 2:02 AM
Bartsister wrote:
j62janet wrote:I hope this isn't going to be the only Christmas game, and why was it released early, couldn't it have been released nearer to Christmas?

There's at least one more coming. I can't remember the name but I got a Beta invite a couple months ago for a different Christmas HOPA.

Thank you for the answer, which I wasn't expecting, I look forward to playing it

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Dec 5, 16 9:38 AM
Windows Defender keeps telling me that this file is suspicious, and I should send a report about it to Microsoft, which I have, has this happened to any other member?

iemanja75
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by iemanja75 on Dec 6, 16 3:36 AM
I like this serie. In the Bonus, the game is stucked in the shooting targets. No possibility to skip. Thanks to fix it whenever it is possible.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Dec 6, 16 10:20 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your patience! I can see there are a few questions of a more technical issue here and I wanted to drop by to provide some preliminary steps to troubleshoot the issue and how to reach out to our Support Team for more assistance.

Before I begin, I want to remind players to please report technical issues with this game to the designated technical issue thread located here: Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: The Gift of the Magi Collector's Edition here.. That helps the Forum Moderation Team keep better track of the issues players are experiencing and allows us to more effectively provide help. Thank you for understanding.

iemanja75, I am sorry that the game is getting stuck at that part in the bonus chapter. It may be helpful to try a few troubleshooting steps to see if that issue can be resolved. When a game is not interacting as expected, such as getting stuck or the skip button not working, running the game as an Administrator may be able to 'unstick' that part. Just in case it is helpful, the following page has steps on how:

Run Game as Administrator

If those steps do not work, please contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps will use that information to provide more customized troubleshooting assistance.

j62janet, I'm sorry that the game is providing this suspicious file warning. This false positive likely appeared because in an effort to catch all harmful files, legitimate files will occasionally also be flagged as unsafe. Please contact our Technical Support Team HERE with the message you are seeing, that Windows Defender is displaying that message, and any specific file names that the message is saying looks suspicious. Our Reps will follow up with the right teams to make sure that these files are checked again and ensured as safe.

Thank you everyone for your time, and I hope that helps out. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM any moderator. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 12/06/2016 at 10:21:33 AM PST

[Post New]by bobbarker on Dec 15, 16 5:54 PM
somebody please what is the thing about the garland in the souvenir shop

Go to: