Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: The Gift of the Magi Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 1, 16 2:31 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 12/01/2016 at 6:39:33 AM PST

lolaluv
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: The Gift of the Magi Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by lolaluv on Dec 1, 16 5:48 AM
Game locked up during "marble popper" mini game with elf... anyone else have this problem? Had to ctl-alt-del to get out of it.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: The Gift of the Magi Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 1, 16 6:39 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

Run Game as Administrator

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: The Gift of the Magi Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by ruththetooth on Dec 1, 16 8:43 AM
The game froze for me too on the bubble popper

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: The Gift of the Magi Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 1, 16 8:46 AM
I had no problems with the marble-popper game. Using an MSI laptop with Windows 10.

[Post New]by irenedonald on Dec 1, 16 11:30 AM
I cannot get the leash to work on the wolf. Have tied the rope to the collar and tried everything else, have looked at the guide and performed every other task. Hint just circles the wolf but the leash won't work.

[Post New]by irenedonald on Dec 1, 16 11:49 AM
Meant to say I am using an iPad Air

[Post New]by spaniard1 on Dec 1, 16 4:04 PM
I am having problems with the secret room. When I go into the room the screen is completely black except for the hint icon in the corner. Is anyone else having this issue? I am using a mac osx 10.9

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Dec 1, 16 5:09 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that people are encountering some issues in the game. To help troubleshoot these problems I've included a couple help articles below that contain some versatile steps. I encourage taking a look at the following to assist with the display and freezing problems being noted here:

Additionally, the following help article contains some steps specific to iOS devices:

General Help for iPhone and iPad Games

If people continue to see a technical problem in the game we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report if you're playing on a PC. Our Reps can offer customized assistance, and they're always happy to help as best they can.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

jmidge0217
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by jmidge0217 on Dec 1, 16 5:19 PM
Win 7
Demo - when hit play -black screen with only menu & hint showing - logged off - when opened again items on task bar had disappeared - turned off special effects - hit play-nothing-uninstalled
I've played & enjoyed the previous games with no problems & I'm very disappointed that I won't be able to play this on - also upset at the negative impact on my computer

Scottie12
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by Scottie12 on Dec 2, 16 12:14 AM
Playing on my ipad, the popper game froze and I had to restart the ipad to continue.

debiv
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by debiv on Dec 2, 16 9:17 AM
I am using a PC and the game locked up on the lazy susan find 12 matches part of the game. I cannot go further without finishing that part. I have exited and restarted and also removed and re-downloaded. Nothing works. Can anyone help?

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 2, 16 9:39 AM
Hi Everyone,

The Moderation Team greatly appreciates players taking the time to post in this particular thread. I'm sorry to hear that players are experiencing technical issues with their game.

For players that are experiencing crashing, freezing, or trouble getting the game to open, it is recommended to refer to the following help articles for troubleshooting steps. These help articles contain steps that have been known to help resolve these various issues:

Run Game as Administrator
Mac Game Troubleshooting

Scottie12, thank you for mentioning that you are on an iOS device. The following help article is specific to that platform:

General Help for iPhone and iPad Games

If issues still persist, please reach out to our Technical Support Team. Please provide a Dr. Felix Report if you are on the Mac or PC platform. If on a mobile device, please provide your device information to the support team.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: The Gift of the Magi Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by SueEtte on Dec 2, 16 6:11 PM
I am using Windows 10 operating system on desktop computer. My game doesn't know what to do after I get the garland from the door handle at the souvenir shop. I do the puzzle and get the message, "the garland should come in handy." Can't do anything else, even asking for a hint, it highlights the garland in my inventory and I pick it up, but nothing happens. Every hint does the same thing. Please help. I have gone to this point three times and stuck all three times. Two times by starting over with the same name and once with new name and same thing. Thanks.

Meant to say this was the lights that were on the door handle[u].

Edited on 12/02/2016 at 6:24:47 PM PST

[Post New]by sgsinc999 on Dec 2, 16 6:23 PM
I am having exactly the same issues.

essgee52
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by essgee52 on Dec 2, 16 7:28 PM
I figured out the garland issue - you just have to put your elf on it. Not a glitch.

Edited on 12/02/2016 at 7:55:16 PM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Christmas Stories: The Gift of the Magi Collector's Edition

[Post New]by SueEtte on Dec 2, 16 8:00 PM
essgee52 wrote:I figured out the garland issue - you just have to put your elf on it. Not a glitch.

Thanks, I found out too.

kglen1
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by kglen1 on Dec 3, 16 2:08 AM
I downloaded the trial and it said my trial had run out. Uninstalled and tried again. Contacted CS but no response. I would buy the game if I knew that I liked it but since the reviews are mixed, I want to try it first. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by Joannei on Dec 3, 16 3:12 AM
LEASH.... I can not get it around the dog. Any suggestions???

[Post New]by MemorableMovies on Dec 3, 16 11:17 AM
I had the same problem with the marble popper game. Had to ctrl+alt+del to get out of the game.

Go to: