Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Secrets of Great Queens: Old Tower here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 2, 16 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 12/02/2016 at 5:08:06 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Secrets of Great Queens: Old Tower here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 2, 16 5:08 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

mlc9
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by mlc9 on Dec 3, 16 5:25 PM
Every time the program opens a small window in a scene the game freezes. I have to close the program and then I re-open the game again. This has happened at least 10 times!!!!

[Post New]by moviejenks on Dec 3, 16 8:12 PM
It is also freezing for me. This didn't happen until the tower's doorway on the island was unblocked, but it is starting to occur whenever the Captain Louis helps.

1357wc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by 1357wc on Dec 6, 16 12:15 AM
Windows XP. This game was playing beautifully for me until I went to check on the horse. When I tried to change scenes, the game froze and nothing would get me out except to shut down the whole computer.

I just went and checked the CE version of this game because I couldn't play that one at all. It was having the freezing problem and that has still not been fixed, no update.

Why would they release the SE version when they hadn't corrected the first one???

Edited on 12/06/2016 at 12:20:40 AM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Dec 6, 16 11:43 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to report these issues here. I am sorry that the game is freezing at specific moments in the game. Players have reported these issues as well in the Collector's Edition, and I have gone ahead and provided those details as well as the ones here to the right teams so they know what players are experiencing with this game. The Forum Moderation team does not receive advance information on specific updates or dates those updates will be released, but as soon as we hear more information, we'll be certain to provide an announcement for our players on the forums.

If you haven't already, it may help to try some preliminary troubleshooting steps to see if the issues can be quickly resolved. The following links are great general troubleshooting steps that help with a wide variety of issues that can cause a game to freeze:

For computers running Windows, these steps may help:
Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

For Mac players, these steps may help:
Mac Game Troubleshooting

Some players were able to use the steps linked above to help resolve the issues, but other players have been unable to using those same steps. If the above steps were unable to help out with the game freezing at specific points or if you would just like to help in our investigation into these issues, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can use this report to provide specific information about what device configurations have been affected and possibly use that to provide additional troubleshooting support.

Thank you for your patience and time. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

lynwil
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by lynwil on Dec 6, 16 3:30 PM
Bought this game a few days again and just went back to carry on playing. When I hit play it said all my progress would be lost 'yes or no', hitting 'no' threw me out and hitting 'yes' took me back to the very beginning. I don't play these games in one hit so can the devs fix this problem please. I'm playing on Windows 7 Premium.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 7, 16 11:44 AM
Hi lynwil,

I'm sorry to hear that when playing this particular game, your progress was lost. Thank you for letting us know what operating system you are on. Since we don't have the tools to make changes within the game, we will be sure to pass this information along to the appropriate teams.

Moving forward, it may be helpful to run the game as an administrator to help ensure your progress is saved. Running the game as an administrator helps the game to obtain the necessary permissions to run as it should. I'll include a help article below:

Run Game as Administrator

If you continue to experience issues, feel free to reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. The support team has the tools to provide further assistance based on your computer's configurations.

Thank you for your patience. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by Scotty64 on Dec 12, 16 6:13 AM
this game has froze up and will not continue

susieq12
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by susieq12 on Dec 16, 16 10:58 AM
Win 7. When I got the sprayer in the cabin and added the essence it keeps telling me I need to add the essence of whatever.....I have already added it and can't use the sprayer.

[Post New]by AkerTree on Dec 25, 16 11:49 AM
I too have problems with the game freezing. After a small window opens with a puzzle/objective and I have completed the task, my pointer turns clear and I cannot do anything but close the game and reopen. This has happened at least 10 times so far.

[Post New]by patricia356 on Dec 25, 16 6:21 PM
Early in the game I am trying to leave the ship via the life boat and need to use a lever to lower the boat. It is necessary to use the "helper". But the the lever will not unwind no matter where or how often I touch it. The hint gives a rather broad area and I am not able to find a spot that works.

I had a similar problem putting the map together. The pieces obviously went in a certain location but I was not able to place them in a manner that they would stay in place. Maybe some things are way too sensitive. At least I could skip that part.

As it stands at this point the game is not playable. Playing on Windows 10 64 bit.

[Post New]by deplayer on Dec 27, 16 9:39 AM
In chapter 6, I do not find one of the hidden objects because it is not on the page. The room is the sword and shield room, the "O" in the walkthrough, which is suppose to be on the left side, on the rock with the big hook encased in the rock. The item is the 2nd flower petal needed to continue the game. It is not there! No amount of clicking or using the hammer is working. Where is the flower petal? Has anyone else had this problem?
P.S. Am using windows 10 but no technical freezes or other problems.

Nevermind! I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and there it was, the piece that was missing before. This was weird! But the uninstall worked so that I could play the rest of the game....

Edited on 12/27/2016 at 3:25:21 PM PST

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Feb 22, 17 12:14 PM
The first time I had to use Captain Louis to put the boards on the plank it wouldn't work, yet the hint circles the red spot for the Captain. The inventory is not available so I can't try that! Disappointed in this game. We all need a fix to correct the problems.

HerrFlick
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by HerrFlick on Feb 23, 17 4:10 PM
Could not get the hook out of the rock. Had to restart the game to continue. Update please.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Mar 26, 17 9:58 AM
Hint button will not work. White, empty areas on screen. Windows XP. ( I'm a Pufferfish now!)

Edited on 03/26/2017 at 9:59:42 AM PST

[Post New]by GDVictoria on Apr 8, 17 5:20 PM
In the bonus game I am unable to have the hawk distract the cook. Clicking the hawk in the area shown in the Strategy Guide beside the door does not work.

[Post New]by jillyba on Jul 16, 17 6:08 AM
I have a problem pulling the lever in order to get into the row boat on the side of the ship. I seem to be blocked from pulling this lever. I purchased this game on 7th July 2017.I am playing on Windows 7 computer.

Edited on 07/16/2017 at 6:11:46 AM PST

CiCiRR
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by CiCiRR on Jul 28, 17 7:59 AM
I purchased the game last week, and although there were a few minor freezing issues up until that point, it wasn't a big problem until I entered the tower. Then everything froze completely. Menu, hints, map, all of it. I had to exit through task manager but every time I reopened the game, the same thing happened. I've been having a lot of trouble lately with a lot of games after Windows 10 latest upgrade in May.

Go to: