Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Secrets of Great Queens: Old Tower here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 2, 16 12:37 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 12/02/2016 at 5:07:23 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Secrets of Great Queens: Old Tower here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 2, 16 5:07 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Secrets of Great Queens: Old Tower here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Secrets of Great Queens: Old Tower.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Dec 2, 16 1:50 PM
Hello friends! As usual, I review on the game play and not the story line, as others do a much better job of that than I. The following is a synopsis of my review for the CE version..."The graphics in this game weren't too bad. They were mostly very clear, except for a little blur in the cut scenes, otherwise quite nice. Colors are very bright and true for a change, no pinks or blues. Game play was very good, no problems during the demo at all. Voice overs are well done, but the mouth movement did not quite match up with the speaking. We have a helper in Captain Louie, who at times is quite amusing. Sound FX are very well done and are throughout the game, so you have no dead air.

HOPs are interactive lists and/or find multiple items in the scenes. They are clean and clear and items are not difficult to find. I did not see that you can switch to another game if you do not care for the HOPs. These are nothing new, but nicely done. Puzzles were fairly simple and took no time or thought to complete. Took me a minute to find the extremely small icon for the strategy guide, which is quite easy to follow. Either there wasn't one, or I hadn't found what I needed to open a jump map. Hint system is quite helpful and it does transport to longer locations. You do return to the same scenes multiple times before moving on to a new location. This got old real fast."

I did not feel this was CE worthy, but it does make a nice SE game. The game was not challenging, but like I said, I found Captain Louie's dialog amusing. The story is somewhat different, but moved a little slow at times, I think because you were in the same two locations too many times before moving on. Personally I think this game is geared more toward a beginner, or someone who just wants a nice simple game. I have many like this for those lazy days, and I have added this one to my SE collection.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this one to be exactly what you are looking for. Thanks for the reviews.

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Dec 3, 16 1:50 AM
This game was a waste of a coupon for me. I don't recall the last time I saw such shoddy graphics. Aside from making the game unappealing to look at, it made using the hint button necessary in the HO scenes at times simply because the items listed were unrecognizable. I also wasn't a fan of the dark themes (throwing axes at sacks w/ pictures of animals on them should have been my warning on that note). As for Capt. Louis, he seemed to function mainly as filler. What attracted me to this game when doing the demo was that it seemed to have a lot of mini-games, which it does, but as much as I love my mini-games, that ended-up not being enough to make this a good game for me. I played it through because I own it, but I reached the point about a third of the way through where I was just alternating between using the map & the hint button, trying to move things along as quickly as possible. The fact that the game ends oddly was neither here nor there for me, as I was just glad to see it end. I honestly don't recall ever disliking a game as much as I disliked this one.

lynwil
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by lynwil on Dec 4, 16 5:45 PM
Based on the completed game. I enjoyed this game as it's logical, some games you have to use very odd implements to go further and need the hints for what to do next. I also loved Louis and his sense of humour plus the mini games weren't too complicated for my old brain to work out - in fact some of them were really easy. As always, try before you buy.

Donq47
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by Donq47 on Dec 6, 16 3:20 PM
quite a nice game. Interesing a full of HO and puzzles. I would suggest giving it a try The CE page is full of the highest recommendations.

[Post New]by grammanudge on Apr 19, 17 6:28 PM
Very very very lame puzzles!!!! Overall, not worth the money...

Go to: