Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Legends: Faulty Creatures Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 3, 16 2:02 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 12/03/2016 at 7:30:54 AM PST

littlemom4
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Legends: Faulty Creatures Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by littlemom4 on Dec 3, 16 7:26 AM
Opens with black screen. Playing on PC Windows 7 64 bit

Edited on 12/03/2016 at 7:36:03 AM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Legends: Faulty Creatures Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Dec 3, 16 7:31 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help Pages. please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help Pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgPanthalassa

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Dec 3, 16 7:52 AM
littlemom4 wrote:Opens with black screen. Playing on PC Windows 7 64 bit

The game opened incredibly slow for me, and played pretty slow, too.......and then I got a black screen, too, and had to do a hard shut down........which is an automatic delete for me. Win 7, 64 bit here, too.

[Post New]by BuckSatan69 on Dec 3, 16 8:23 AM
In the bonus game I didn't get the 'jaw' from the angel statue and now I can't complete the game. I can't 'zoom' into the angel to get it now.

djones6254
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by djones6254 on Dec 3, 16 1:20 PM
BuckSatan69 wrote:In the bonus game I didn't get the 'jaw' from the angel statue and now I can't complete the game. I can't 'zoom' into the angel to get it now.

Same Here!!! You would think that the game designers would know that not everyone grabs everything at once. Once you place the heart you are screwed if you didn't get the jaw. What crap!!!

sammybean
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by sammybean on Dec 3, 16 2:54 PM
access violation code again!!!
Windows 10 64 bit

Edited on 12/03/2016 at 2:54:56 PM PST

pamra
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by pamra on Dec 3, 16 4:28 PM
BuckSatan69 wrote:In the bonus game I didn't get the 'jaw' from the angel statue and now I can't complete the game. I can't 'zoom' into the angel to get it now.

Same here. Hope there's a fix soon!

GreyGhost
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by GreyGhost on Dec 4, 16 6:46 AM
Played the demo with no issues at all, so purchased the game so I could continue where I left off only to have it unexpectedly closing down for no apparent reason. This seems to be happening a lot lately with the games I'm purchasing, and getting no responses back as to why. I am playing on a desktop iMac running OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6. Until recently I haven't had any issues with games from this company, or any other for that matter. This is the second game inside of a week I've had issues with. Your game designers need to keep up with all the changes in security in OS systems and ensure that their games will run on computers old and new/updated. This is getting very frustrating.

lolaluv
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by lolaluv on Dec 4, 16 7:15 AM
Jaw issue in bonus chapter here, too. No way to get it, no way to finish the bonus game. What's the QA team doing, anyway???

crypsynight
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by crypsynight on Dec 4, 16 9:06 AM
Stained glass bird puzzle in garden that opens door to greenhouse.

I tried this twice, both times completing the pictures correctly but nothing happened once finished.
Switched the puzzle over to Easy instead of the Hard setting. Did the identical images, and it worked.
Definitely a glitch.

Scottie12
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by Scottie12 on Dec 4, 16 10:16 AM
same issue on the jaw, playing on Windows 10, cant go back to get it, so I'm well and truly stuck!

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Dec 4, 16 11:19 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to report the issues experienced with this game here. It sounds like there are some issues being experienced currently and I wanted to provide some assistance for one as well as how to reach out to us for more assistance for both should it be necessary.

For players who are seeing the screen as a blank or black screen when playing, the following page contains a variety of steps that can help resolve that issue quickly:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

On Windows 10, the following steps are more specific to the operating system and may help with a blank screen or other issues:

Windows 10

If you get an Access Violation while playing the game on a Windows machine, running the game as an Administrator ensures that the game won't receive this error due to a lack of permissions:

Run Game as Administrator

For players on Mac, the following general steps can help in a wide variety of situations and can help us better determine what might be happening if they do not work:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

For any problems that continue after trying those steps or if players are unable to collect the jaw after a certain point issue, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps use this data to better help troubleshoot and can provide it to the right teams should more investigation be needed.

Thank you all for your patience and I hope this helps out. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

lisahd
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by lisahd on Dec 4, 16 3:08 PM
I can't pick up the charged battery. I'm on windows 10 and have uninstalled and reinstalled the game but still am stuck.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Dec 4, 16 3:39 PM
Hello lisahd,

Thanks for reporting this here. It sounds like you may have already tried the steps I provided in my response earlier, so I recommend continuing on to contact our Support Team using the steps above. Our Reps will get back in touch as soon as possible to continue helping out. Thank you for your time, and feel free to PM me or any of our moderators if there are further questions.

bfgIlinalta

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Dec 4, 16 6:42 PM
littlemom4 wrote:Opens with black screen. Playing on PC Windows 7 64 bit

My doesnt even open error accessing some some bits of OS and i off AV and still same issues.[Removed by Moderator] much

Edited on 12/05/2016 at 11:05:43 AM PST

[Post New]by Kriss99153 on Dec 4, 16 8:43 PM
WINDOWS 10 64 BIT

I get this error every time I try to open the game.

Error: Access violation at 0x02DD0D50 (tried to read from 0xFFFFFFFF), program terminated.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 5, 16 11:01 AM
Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that players are experiencing technical issues with this particular game. We definitely want to help get things up and running as it should.

For players that are seeing an access violation error message, it is highly recommended to refer to the following help articles for troubleshooting steps that have been known to help resolve this issue:

Access Violation

For players that are on a Windows 10 system, the following help article is specific to this operating system:

Windows 10

If issues still persist, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. The support team has the tools to provide steps that are specific to your computer's configurations.

I'd also like to remind users of the Forum Rules when posting, specifically,

Keep posts family-friendly. Posts that contain defamatory, explicit, obscene, threatening, or offensive content will be removed.

By keeping the posts family friendly it helps keep the forums accessible to everyone who would like to participate. Please note that this also includes implied profanity.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by shoestringplayer on Dec 7, 16 5:52 PM
I am having the same problem as lisahd. I cannot pick up the charged battery. I am not a fan of restarting games, especially since this seems to happen quite often. Any other suggestions?

TJPorche
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by TJPorche on Dec 9, 16 12:04 AM
Kriss99153 wrote:WINDOWS 10 64 BIT

I get this error every time I try to open the game.

Error: Access violation at 0x02DD0D50 (tried to read from 0xFFFFFFFF), program terminated.

Still getting this same issue myself AFTER installing the update then uninstalling and re-installing.

Go to: