Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Haunted Legends: Faulty Creatures Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 3, 16 2:04 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 12/03/2016 at 7:30:58 AM PST

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Haunted Legends: Faulty Creatures Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by jennsmom on Dec 3, 16 2:23 AM
This, IMO, is the absolute worst of all the annoying grunting dwarf (the game would have been better off without him) games ever published. The very first puzzle was one I hate, although I realize that's a matter of personal preference, but it didn't bode well for the rest of the game. The story line is confusing and stupid. The map is unhelpful. One rather important puzzle wouldn’t work properly at all, and I quit quite early on, when the hint kept directing me to the inside of an open box, and then said, “I’d better move along.” I would not be tempted by this if it were free with Christmas cookies on the side!!

WhiteladiesRd
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Haunted Legends: Faulty Creatures Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by WhiteladiesRd on Dec 3, 16 3:28 AM
Agree with jennsmom. Although I did like the first puzzle.
Story silly, puzzles far too easy, HO's boring. The characters were not very interesting either. And the dwarf is unnecessary.

I'll take the Christmas cookies, pay for them and leave the game.

nightkat1
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by nightkat1 on Dec 3, 16 7:06 AM
I hate that dwarf! Won't be wasting my time with this one just because of him.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Dec 3, 16 7:31 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Haunted Legends: Faulty Creatures Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Haunted Legends: Faulty Creatures Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Dec 3, 16 9:52 AM
nightkat1 wrote:I hate that dwarf! Won't be wasting my time with this one just because of him.

Exactly my opinion! I did the beta, and I told in my survey that! Nothing wrong with the game, graphics very good, and many people love ERS.

Happy gaming ,
M.

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 3, 16 10:14 AM
Absolutely Dreadful!

This game was so, so boring I almost fell asleep. You could probably complete the HOS in just a minute and if you dislike puzzles they are so incredibly easy you are bound to get the Achievement for it, if there is one. As per usual grainy graphics and the voices were awful, especially from the character we first meet.

That's it, I have nothing nice to say about this game.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Dec 3, 16 3:13 PM
Hello friends! I believe this is #9 in this series. I have a number of these, but not all. If you have played any of the others in this series, then you know all about this one. Graphics aren't bad, but somewhat fuzzy now and then. Colors are pretty nice for the most part. Game play was good and the scene fit my large screen nicely. Voices are age and character appropriate, but are few and far between, as there is not a lot of character interaction during the demo. There doesn't seem to be a lot of emotion in the voices either. Sound FX are okay when we have them, but mostly we have music. Now, the music is soothing, but really not what you would expect for this type of story like and for what is happening in the scenes at the time. Disappointing to say the least. Yes, we have the creepy dwarf as usual. I really don't see any need for him in any of these latest stories.

HOPs are mostly just lists and find pairs. There isn't anything else you can switch to when you get bored with the same old HOP. The HOP scenes are okay, but some are a little cluttered. Puzzles are not bad. Some were a little challenging, but mostly quite simple and boring. Hint system is quite helpful, but it does not transport to longer locations. This would have been helpful, as you do a lot of back tracking to the same locations. Yes, there is a jump map that does the same...just an extra "click."

Collectibles were just 12 very large and very easy to spot skulls. We also had to find 5 suns, clouds and snowflakes to recharge the weather stone. What is the weather stone and what does it do? Unknown. Extremely disappointing.

If you haven't guess by now, this game did not excite me at all. It moved very slowly, the story is the old Frankenstein with a twist, it had no challenge and I found it to be somewhat boring. Someone who has never played any games in this series may find it okay, but not those of us who have played them all. I think they are popping this series out too quickly and the quality has gone way down. I do not give 5 stars to a game easily and by the same token, I rarely do not recommend a game. I try to find something good in order to at least recommend for beginners, but not this time. Personally, I feel this one either needs a major overhaul, or just retired completely. This one was very disappointing for me and definitely no buy.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this one to be exactly what you are looking for. Thanks for the reviews.

rdekker1
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by rdekker1 on Dec 4, 16 3:52 PM
Haunted Legends is one of my favorite series and I think I either have all of them or most of them. But this one I won't be getting. Just didn't interest me. I didn't even finish the demo.

AussieMoo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by AussieMoo on Dec 5, 16 4:12 AM
Have to agree with the majority, played the demo & thought meh, not a challenge, not a story that makes sense or is new or interesting, so uninstalled. Hoping for some new storylines.

maeella
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by maeella on Dec 31, 16 5:24 PM
I am very displeased with this game. It made no sense to me. I got so tired of flipping back and forth from the strategy guide to the game. It didn't help me very much, it didn't provide much assistance to me when it came to talking with the first two residents. I could not figure out how to start to converse with them.

I'm just going ahead and deleting this game. I hope to be able to get a refund.

Go to: