bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Fantasy Mosaics 18: Explore New Colors

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 5, 16 12:29 AM
Uncle Aaron and the mysterious lady penguin go on a vacation and explore new colors for thier mosaic puzzles! Along the way they make new discoveries and build a fantasy landscape! Enjoy the latest installment of fantasy mosaics and experience a new feature that allows you to view the background art while a puzzle image is in progress. Follow the penguin family on this thrilling adventure that brings you new exciting challenges!

july1277
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

Re:Fantasy Mosaics 18: Explore New Colors

[Post New]by july1277 on Dec 5, 16 12:18 PM
Tomorrow can not come fast enough for me. I love the Fantasy Mosaics games.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Dec 5, 16 11:02 PM
Have only played the casual mode so far. Easy to play, quite enjoying it.

Edited to add posted on Dec 6 at 18:02, (I am in Australia)

Edited on 12/05/2016 at 11:02:53 PM PST

[Post New]by TabithaMoon on Dec 25, 16 9:49 AM
This is the 18th installment in the series and the 18th one I have played without ever having the pickaxe or hammer or other tool on the sidebar. I see images on the purchase page and the directions during the game remind me I can use the tool, but in none of these games have I ever seen it. I know it's supposed to be in between the penguin and the power-up, but all I have there is the button to switch the cursor selector.

Am I the only one who has never had this option? Why do the preview shots on the purchase page always show it in the sidebar when 18 versions of this don't have it for me?

Thanks for any input!

hraili
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by hraili on Dec 25, 16 11:14 AM
At first I want to congratulate the developers, the game is even better now! This is almost how a nonogram should be - no need for power-ups nor hints. In this game I used the pickaxe only twice and had an educated guess twice (played advanced mode). That was a big improvement compared with the earlier versions. I do hope that the next version will be perfect. Also, the puzzle images are very nice and there were many new motifs. Very nice indeed.

[Post New]by TabithaMoon on Dec 27, 16 3:59 AM
hraili wrote:At first I want to congratulate the developers, the game is even better now! This is almost how a nonogram should be - no need for power-ups nor hints. In this game I used the pickaxe only twice and had an educated guess twice (played advanced mode). That was a big improvement compared with the earlier versions. I do hope that the next version will be perfect. Also, the puzzle images are very nice and there were many new motifs. Very nice indeed.

I have never gotten the pickaxe or hammer function to show up in all 18 games. Is there a trick to getting it??? I'm on a Mac.

hraili
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by hraili on Dec 27, 16 11:02 AM
TabithaMoon wrote:I have never gotten the pickaxe or hammer function to show up in all 18 games. Is there a trick to getting it??? I'm on a Mac.

When you have started a level, there is a sidebar showing, from top to bottom: The penguin giving you hints if needed, a pickaxe which becomes active after a certain amount of moves, a sun (cannot remember what good it does), six buttons to choose colours, x-marks which turn red if you make a mistake, and on bottom the menu-button. And if you want to replay a level, there is a tiny round button on left-bottom corner. (I'm on Win 7).
Can you still not see it?

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Jan 13, 17 9:27 AM
I'm on the fence with both this one and 19. I don't like the fact that you can only use the pick axe after a certain point and then you have to wait. It makes it impossible to see what you're doing and most of the time you have to guess. Guessing is not strategy and I don't think it adds to the challenge. It just makes it more frustrating. I'll have to think about whether I want to buy or not.

*Edit: Actually you can right click and block out entire rows or columns so I'm not sure what the bonus pick is for.

Edited on 02/02/2017 at 6:15:35 AM PST

Go to: