Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Fantasy Mosaics 18: Explore New Colors here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 5, 16 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 12/05/2016 at 5:12:37 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Fantasy Mosaics 18: Explore New Colors here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 5, 16 5:13 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Fantasy Mosaics 18: Explore New Colors here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Fantasy Mosaics 18: Explore New Colors.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

markb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by markb on Dec 5, 16 10:15 AM
I am hoping the developers actually pay attention to what is said in the forums. The Fantasy Mosaics series "USED TO BE" an automatic buy for me. The addition of all the extra colors has been a wonderful addition to the newer releases in the series and I have enjoyed having them. For my money, the Fantasy Mosaics are one of the TOP SERIES of games offered by Big Fish.
With that being said, I fear this may "NO LONGER" be my go-to set of games. Since version 15 (Ancient Land), the timer feature has been removed. I keep hoping that the timer would be re-added but unfortunately, this has not been the case. The timer has been key to my enjoyment of the series and has led to numerous replays as I try to better my previous times which I record and maintain in a spreadsheet. I currently own #9-17 and have played each to completion at least 4 times (2 times for those without a timer feature). I am currently working on my 2nd set of recorded times for #9-14 and am definitely enjoying that effort.
Edit:
Re: The Timer - as far as I am aware, the timer has never been used to impose a penalty when playing a level. At least I have never experienced that. However, for those of us that do like to chase the times, having the ability to know how long it took me to play a board added a tremendous amount to my enjoyment.
End Edit

PLEASE, DEVELOPERS, bring back the timer!

Edited on 12/06/2016 at 5:02:13 AM PST

[Post New]by MortimerSnerd on Dec 5, 16 10:40 AM

Is it just me, or does this look exactly the same as the last several games in this series...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't even the music previously used?

All the graphics appear old and recycled, including that stretched out Big Fish logo at the start.

If you want us to purchase your game, at least give us something new.

Edited on 12/05/2016 at 10:43:43 AM PST

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Dec 5, 16 11:09 AM
I like the game, but IMO, is so similar to the others. I'm happy having not time mood, but for people who love more challenging games should be a timer.

To me is a pity we don't have more the Gizmos series, Mystery griddles, or Arizona Rose they are much better and difficult, with all the colors at once.

I'm going to buy it with some pcc, and as Mortimer said I guess it's the same music (nice though) as before.

Happy gaming ,
M.

[Post New]by BearCreekStables on Dec 5, 16 5:01 PM
I do love these games although the last couple I played I never used a hint once. I went back and played #3 and had to use them so they are getting easier. I remember people complained about a timer because they didn't like completing a puzzle in a very short time. This way you don't know how long it really took unless you used an outside timer. I did like when the garden / caves / houses / etc had interactive things. Like when you got a picture for wall then when clicked on it would changed to another picture. There were other things too but that never happened again. I know things move and that is cute. It was several Fantasy mosaics back.

Edited on 12/05/2016 at 5:02:31 PM PST

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Dec 5, 16 5:12 PM
I like the addition of the new colors, and was hoping that new colors would result in some harder, more complex pictures. It's a good game, and I like it better than FM #17, but it's still similar to other recent games in the series. If I have a PCC that I need to use, I might consider using it for this game.

mrm2006
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by mrm2006 on Dec 6, 16 7:18 AM
Sigh.

Yawn.

I'm so tired of repeating my thoughts on this game .... which USED to be a favorite.

For my notes and thoughts .... see #17 ..... and #16 ...... and 15 ...... and so on and so on.

DEVS! How about an option to use ALL THE COLORS AT THE SAME TIME!

HUGE YAWN!

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Please post your REVIEWS for Fantasy Mosaics 18: Explore New Colors here.

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Dec 6, 16 2:25 PM
Or if not all at the same time, enough ambiguities that you don't ALMOST always finish each color and are automatically given the next.

Not a buy for me because that makes for so little challenge.

[Post New]by BearCreekStables on Dec 10, 16 2:50 PM
Did anyone count the number of pictures that had a dog/puppy or cats/kitten. I kept thinking didn't I just do this. I still like them but need to be some different things going on. Lots of workman as well. Completed the game without using one hint.

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Dec 26, 16 11:32 PM
The music seems to be hit and miss with these games, but this time it's a hit. It's nice and relaxing, and that's what I like with these games.

I still wish the background images could be made available as wallpapers, or at least let us get a decent look at them.

Chi3165
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Chi3165 on Jan 11, 17 10:33 AM
Like the purple!

Agree with others that a timer should at least be an option.

As for me, I don't need to chase time, nor require hints or sound. Wouldn't mind if it was a bit more difficult.

As Valkara said, "...It's nice and relaxing...." However, since I only play to pass time, it's cool enough for me. My favorite of nonograms.

Edited on 01/11/2017 at 10:34:47 AM PST

hraili
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by hraili on Feb 9, 17 3:35 PM
Valkara wrote:
I still wish the background images could be made available as wallpapers, or at least let us get a decent look at them.

There is a small eye on side bar, mouse over the eye and you will see the whole background image.

Edited on 02/11/2017 at 1:59:22 AM PST

Go to: