Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Curio Society: The Thief of Life Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 6, 16 12:35 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 12/06/2016 at 6:39:11 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Curio Society: The Thief of Life Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 6, 16 6:39 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

sackese
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Curio Society: The Thief of Life Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by sackese on Dec 8, 16 2:12 PM
If you are in the swamp and you bail out the boat if you don't pick up the lockpick before you open the oyster you can not get it later and you have to start the game all over again.

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Dec 9, 16 10:55 AM
I got to the hospital and picked up the test tube while in Ted's room and there is no way to close the pop-p and move out of the scene. I had to exit the game and then when I went back in it did the same thing. So now I am at the end of the game and won't be able to finish - grrr!

I am using Windows 7 64-bit OS on an Alienware Laptop with 32GB memory. All of my drivers are current.

So annoying because I love this game.

djones6254
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by djones6254 on Dec 10, 16 11:25 AM
I'm at Mary's house and the game is in a loop. when I complete the task in the first room and move on to the next All of the items I just used reappear in my inventory as if I didn't use them and I have to go back and redo the previous tasks. I has done this 5 times now. I am using Windows 8.

Lost of ropes and other items from Q from inventory

[Post New]by Ginlee on Dec 10, 16 3:21 PM
When I get to swamp to go down the 'hole' all my ropes etc in my items 'Q' have disappeared unable to find so need to restart game. I really hate these types of glitches. Please fix it and other qlitches with this game.

pemerald46
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by pemerald46 on Dec 11, 16 4:16 AM
Ginlee wrote:When I get to swamp to go down the 'hole' all my ropes etc in my items 'Q' have disappeared unable to find so need to restart game. I really hate these types of glitches. Please fix it and other qlitches with this game.
I am having the same problem Please help us

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Dec 11, 16 9:36 AM
pemerald46 wrote:
Ginlee wrote:When I get to swamp to go down the 'hole' all my ropes etc in my items 'Q' have disappeared unable to find so need to restart game. I really hate these types of glitches. Please fix it and other qlitches with this game.
I am having the same problem Please help us

I'm running Windows 10 and have just encountered this problem. I blew open the stand in the swamp, got the crowbar and the helmet, put the light on the helmet and watched it get added to the rope and caribiner then totally disappear. Hint keeps saying go down the hole, but I can't because the necessary equipment vanished out of my inventory.

Just out of sheer curiosity, how do the beta testers get past points like this so the games get put up for sale? This is such a major deal.

[Post New]by eastcoastemmy on Dec 11, 16 9:49 AM

Me too! I know they always try to fix the glitches. But in the case that they don't, I believe a game credit is in order.

[Post New]by JupiterMom on Dec 13, 16 12:12 PM
I am at the Swamp, and the only move according to map and hint involves the boat and the oyster shell but there is 100% nothing for me to do, no active cursor, none of my inventory applies, I am stuck after opening the shell- no lock pick to pick up- which according to the walk through should be there grrrrr

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Dec 13, 16 5:13 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for providing us the details of the experiences you've been having with the game so far. It sounds like there is an issue with certain scenes either not acting like they have been completed or items disappearing and making it impossible to continue.

When issues like this occur, the first thing we recommend is seeing if our Help Pages can quickly resolve the issue. If the following suggested troubleshooting doesn't seem to help, I am also going to provide a way to reach our Support Team for more assistance.

Since it sounds like the game isn't playing properly and sometimes looping back or that there are items that do not seem to be working or available to use as the strategy guide suggests, my first recommendation for Windows players is to see if running the game as an Administrator will help because sometimes a lack of permissions can cause this sort of issue:

Run Game as Administrator

If you are running Windows 10, the following operating system specific steps may be able to help resolve the issue if the above ones do not:

Windows 10

If you are seeing this happen on a Mac, the following troubleshooting steps may be able to resolve those issues:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

For any problems that continue after trying those steps, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE. Our Reps are always happy to provide additional support for our games and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your patience, and I hope that helps out. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by wiltshirecarp on Dec 14, 16 3:34 AM
eastcoastemmy wrote:

Me too! I know they always try to fix the glitches. But in the case that they don't, I believe a game credit is in order.

[Post New]by wiltshirecarp on Dec 14, 16 3:36 AM
I am also having a problem with the rope etc in the swamp Running Windows 10 up to date

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 14, 16 1:29 PM
Hi wiltshirecarp,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing technical issues with this particular game. Thank you for letting us know what operating system you are on. It is recommended to refer to the following help article as it is specific to the Windows 10 system:

Windows 10

If issues still persist, please reach out to our Technical Support Team. The support team is always happy to help in any way that they can.

Thank you for your patience. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

mouseclick2
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by mouseclick2 on Dec 15, 16 12:51 AM
I was having the exact same issue with the lock pick and for some miraculous reason I went back to the boat and was able to retrieve it from the boat. I realize this does not help anyone who may have tried countless times, but my advice would be to give it another try like I did. I too was almost ready to shelf this game totally without even caring and moving on. Perhaps cursor needs to be on a precise pixel to capture it and maybe I just got lucky.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Dec 18, 16 8:30 AM
I went to the link about Windows 10 and frankly, there is precious little help info in the FAQ for this version of Windows. Since my computer is brand new and has the most up-to-date Windows 10 version as well as drivers, I don't think this is part of the problem.

As for running the game in Windows 10, I noticed there was a good explanation of how to accomplish that up through Windows 8, but Windows 10 doesn't run out of IE and other than starting my games from the game manager, I haven't got a clue. Windows 10 is still very new to me.

However, it seems far more likely that if people are experiencing the exact same type of difficulty during game play regardless of the version of Windows they're running, this is a programming glitch that needs to be handled.

[Post New]by jhooker6 on Dec 23, 16 8:42 AM
Using a MAC and the it gets stuck when doing the sprinkler puzzle in the bonus chapter - cursor disappears when more the one sprinkler comes on. Had to skip the puzzle in the end just so I could finish the game.

Go to: