Rhea509
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Games left in level

[Post New]by Rhea509 on Dec 6, 16 9:06 PM
I keep getting a message when my moves are low (about 9) that says do I want to pay 300 gold for more moves as I only have so many moves in two rooms. When I say Yes, it then finishes the level, even though it had said there was another room.

With 9 moves left I could have finished that game and saved the gold.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:Games left in level

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Dec 7, 16 12:33 PM
What level is it? Sounds like a bug if it's kicking you out of the level when you try to buy moves. I don't get a message to trade gold for moves, it only allows me to trade a life.

Rhea509
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Rhea509 on Dec 7, 16 3:36 PM
I get this on every level. It tells me that I have only 9 moves for two rooms and when I buy extra moves, either with lives or gold, it finished the level.

It seems to me that there are three games in each level. Is this so?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Dec 7, 16 4:15 PM
The early levels have 3 rooms but the later ones will have more. It doesn't make sense why the game would automatically finish the level for you when you try to buy moves though. I didn't see that issue when beta testing, will mess around with my copy of the game to see if it does that for me as well.

[update] I'm currently on level 80 in limited moves mode, and when I tried buying moves it let me do so without kicking me out of the level. I am not able to buy moves in the garden rooms with the stars, only in the "regular" rooms. Maybe it's a glitch that occurs only if you don't have many lives or something...I had 21 lives when I traded one. One of the game designers lurks in the forums every so often, so what I'd suggest is posting what OS you're using and the general specs on your computer - maybe the dev will have some ideas for you. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Edited on 12/07/2016 at 4:29:06 PM PST

Rhea509
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Rhea509 on Dec 8, 16 8:21 PM
I am running Windows 10 on a year old HP PC.
The level that was most obvious was L103.
I did notice that there were no more lives for quite a while, also on Level 120 there were no more tiles left but I still had not finished the level, also had 40 moves left.
The actual game keeps freezing when I move a M3.

I updated the game about 5th December and all this has happened since the update.

I am on level 126 at present and have 13,940 of gold but no lives.

Thought about reinstalling the game but having come so far I thought I would see it to the end, then maybe try it again.

Intel Celeron J1800@2.41 GHz
4.00 GB RAM
64-bit Operating System

Ashm00r
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Ashm00r on Dec 9, 16 6:53 AM
Hi Rhea509, it is not very clear to me what happens. You get prompted to trade gold for extra moves and if you trade you win the level?

The trade dialog shows how many tiles (squares that you have to make matches on top to remove) are left, this was done especially to prevent trading when you can finish the level with the remaining moves.

Do you somehow get prompted after reaching the garden and returning to the other rooms?

When you have no more lives the game gives you the choice of trading gold for extra moves. You may also buy lives from the shop.

You say:
"as I only have so many moves in two rooms. When I say Yes, it then finishes the level, even though it had said there was another room. ""

I would guess you mean so many TILES in two rooms. Does it finish right after trading? How many is "so many"?

The dialog shows how many tiles are left and how many rooms are not completed yet. That does not mean that those rooms are new! You may have been there and made matches but some tiles are left. May even be one hidden under a box.

Rhea509
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Rhea509 on Dec 9, 16 11:54 PM
If I have to no lives I have to trade gold for moves.
The tiles left are 0 but I still have gold boxes to match on.
Barring the initial 7 lives when I began, I received no more therefore having to use gold which I had accrued to buy more moves
Also the room keeps freezing after a move.

Now I have noticed that I have suddenly acquired 7 lives - but this is on the bonus level.

All of this has happened since I installed the update.As I am so near to finishing the Bonus Games I will wait until then to replay the game.

Many thanks for your help, much appreciated.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Dec 10, 16 6:49 AM
Hi Rhea509, you get another life every so often for points scored. Depending on what mode you're playing in the scoring is higher or lower though so it might seem like you're not earning any lives if you are having to trade regularly. I'm guessing the game gave you a full set of lives back when you unlocked the bonus castles because it considers that a "new game" in some way, if you don't have many lives remaining when you finished level 120.

If the tile counter says 0 but the level doesn't end it's because there's an amulet somewhere to collect. If you open up the minimap in the upper left corner you can see what room(s) they are in...they are often hiding under proxy tiles.

As for the rooms freezing, I have Win 7 and some of the later levels with a lot of the special locked tiles are set up where you have to go to another room altogether to match the requisite tiles. When I get enough to unlock the special tiles, it causes a herky-jerky action in my game too on these later levels. I reported it when beta testing but it may just be a limitation of the game.

Go to: