bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to The Mystery of the Crystal Portal: Beyond the Horizon forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 1, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to The Mystery of the Crystal Portal: Beyond the Horizon forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other The Mystery of the Crystal Portal: Beyond the Horizon players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

NouniSmile
Koi
Koi
281,317 Posts

Re:Welcome to The Mystery of the Crystal Portal: Beyond the Horizon forum

[Post New]by NouniSmile on Apr 1, 10 12:28 AM
Wow I was looking forward for this game.
I'm downloading it now so that I can try it first thing in the morning....it is 2:30am time to
Nouni

Capthowdy64
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

[Post New]by Capthowdy64 on Apr 1, 10 12:55 AM
I just tried part of the demo and I love it! The one thing I wonder is,what was the prequel to this game? I really would like to try it,too.

raystownlady
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by raystownlady on Apr 1, 10 1:06 AM
Mystery of the Crystal Portal is the first one.

bansama
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by bansama on Apr 1, 10 1:20 AM
Been waiting for this one. Too bad it's come out at the end of the month. I'll just have to wait a few more days until I either have money again or a miracle with the exchange rate occurs.

joy4u
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by joy4u on Apr 1, 10 1:32 AM
I loved the first one, downloaded this one but cant get the curser to work, its floating everywhere, doesn't sound like anyone else having trouble. I will try downloading it again.

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Apr 1, 10 1:44 AM
Waiting for download and trying to remember how the prequel went? Poodlebear, we await your comments

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Apr 1, 10 1:49 AM
Finished the demo and really enjoyed it. Will purchase it when my credits come through.

SolarEclipse
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by SolarEclipse on Apr 1, 10 2:32 AM
I'm impressed that Artogon was able to make this and "Treasure Seekers: Follow the Ghosts" at the same time. I'm so glad we've gotten two games from them this quickly. I would also like to thank them for not making this a collector's edition. I barely played the demo and bought this. I love all of their games. They don't disappoint. This game made my day. Bravo!!!

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Apr 1, 10 3:07 AM
I have been waiting for this game too. I love it. I am getting it with one of my punch card credits. I like the difference between the two games.

Joy4u. Try rebooting your computer. Sometimes that helps.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 1, 10 3:11 AM
joy4u wrote:I loved the first one, downloaded this one but cant get the curser to work, its floating everywhere, doesn't sound like anyone else having trouble. I will try downloading it again.

i had the same problem, was ok in windowed mode

tribrach
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by tribrach on Apr 1, 10 3:50 AM
This games a "keeper" Loved the first & I've been looking foreward to this one. What a pity I've used my credits from last month...I knew this would happen as soon as I spent my last one yesterday & lo & behold... Oh well, that's what is called Murphy's Law (if anyone understands that!)
Only small gripe for me is that although wide screen adjustment is shown, it's not available so I'm having to play in window mode, otherwise I can't find half the items...not too good for the eyes , even if the graphics are very clear.

suzeq25
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by suzeq25 on Apr 1, 10 5:26 AM
I really enjoyed the first Mystery of the Crystal Portal so I had no doubt that I would love this one too. I like the different style of this HOG, it puts a spin on just looking for a grocery list of items. I also find it helpful to see a picture of what I'm supposed to be looking for. This will definitely be on my buy list, especially since it is a new month and time to start another game card!

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Apr 1, 10 7:53 AM
I had to subscribe to another game site just to get the first Mystery of Crystal Portal, so I am glad the second one is here. It's a buy for me!

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Apr 1, 10 11:29 AM
Euskalduna wrote:I had to subscribe to another game site just to get the first Mystery of Crystal Portal, so I am glad the second one is here. It's a buy for me!

Same here. After playing the first Treasure Seekers I searched for all games by Artogon and had to register on another site for a year just to get the game at $6.95. This one is also a definite buy for me. I didn't get quite half way through on the demo in casual mode. After buying I'm going to restart the game in the most difficult mode.

[Post New]by KemmaRedCat on Apr 1, 10 12:19 PM
I was so pleased to see another game by Artogon. I really enjoy their games. The graphics are usually beautiful. The story lines are interesting. I enjoy the European viewpoint and would love to see them develop games based on Russian folktales.

Thank you Big Fish for keeping the good stuff available to us!

ajwiggin
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by ajwiggin on Apr 1, 10 2:25 PM
This game is FANTASTIC! Lots of interaction. I buy lots of games every month, but gotta tell you, if you offered more like this I would increase my buying! THANKS!

Capthowdy64
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

[Post New]by Capthowdy64 on Apr 1, 10 10:18 PM
I posted last night asking about the prequel.I want to apologize.I did find it here.I am sorry to have bothered everyone with my mistakes.I know everyone here is great and treats each other so nice.I love that.I am used to a board on another site that is very harsh over mistakes like this.Once again,I'm really sorry.I did buy the first one and I love it! The weight puzzle in Japan I solved by pure luck!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Apr 1, 10 10:20 PM
No worries- all of us make mistakes!

SolarEclipse
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts