bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any The Mystery of the Crystal Portal: Beyond the Horizon technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 1, 10 12:55 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, p lease get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

Re:Post any The Mystery of the Crystal Portal: Beyond the Horizon technical issues here only

[Post New]by 88blyth on Apr 1, 10 1:41 AM
well, my cursor has a mind of its own on this game, it has taken me 8 mins just trying to get into the game, there is a "cursor" button but it does not make the "big cursor" go away, that usually helps, but i have had to close the game, just about managed to get to the first page, then took me ages to get the cursor to move to the right place to quit the game..i was looking forward to this game too

2easy
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

Re:Post any The Mystery of the Crystal Portal: Beyond the Horizon technical issues here only

[Post New]by 2easy on Apr 1, 10 1:43 AM
Very frustrating!! Has anybody got a cure for ...The floating cursor......It happens much to often.

Edited on 04/01/2010 at 1:44:57 AM PST

joy4u
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by joy4u on Apr 1, 10 2:00 AM
88blyth wrote:well, my cursor has a mind of its own on this game, it has taken me 8 mins just trying to get into the game, there is a "cursor" button but it does not make the "big cursor" go away, that usually helps, but i have had to close the game, just about managed to get to the first page, then took me ages to get the cursor to move to the right place to quit the game..i was looking forward to this game too [/quote when I eventually got the curser working, it went in all scriggly lines had to close my computer.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 1, 10 3:20 AM
play in windowed mode, then cursor moves almost normal. still lags a little

dimajo
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by dimajo on Apr 1, 10 3:37 AM
Also problems with cursor and the game runs not smoothly, it s hesitating everywhere, hate it when a good game runs poorly

joy4u
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by joy4u on Apr 1, 10 4:41 AM
Bella what do you mean window mode, I now show my ignorance lol, I have never had problems with a game before but I cannot get it to play, can get in to register my name and that is as far as I can go, then it goes blank

misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by misty5 on Apr 1, 10 5:13 AM
Yeah, floating cursor here, also. But what's worse is the endless loading time between scenes! Took TEN minutes to reach the old lady! Maybe it's just my system, but very irritating. Other than that, I enjoyed the game -- although it was a bit frustrating trying to pick up an object that's right there in plain sight, only to be stopped by another pop-up ring and a whole new series of things to find before I can grab it. Oh, well - I know I'm going to buy it as soon as my credits show up.

joy4u
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by joy4u on Apr 1, 10 5:29 AM
worked out the window mode, but it says I cant play in window mode becaUSE OF THE RESOLUTION, SO WENT IN AND CHANGED IT BUT DIDN'T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE. sO GOING TO BED TO SULK . Dam, I hope they can fix this problem. I can now use the curser but once the game gets into the first chapter screen goes blank and have to turn computer off

memaw7
Marlin
Marlin
8,628 Posts

[Post New]by memaw7 on Apr 1, 10 6:50 AM
I also have a cursor with a mind of it's own and the objects move vveeeeeeerrrrrrrrryyyyyyyy slowly!!!!!!!!! I really want this game BUT not if I can't get it to work properly!!!!

ramberny
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by ramberny on Apr 1, 10 7:01 AM
Same here with the cursor problems. Items that I pick up float back to their original spot. VERY irritating to say the least! This one is not on the top of my buy list at this point.

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Apr 1, 10 9:01 AM
Hey Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble that's being reported on this game. We're going to look in to this issue. In the mean time, I would highly suggest that folks double check that you meet the game requirements for this game and you're running an up to date version of your graphics driver and DirectX software.

Requirements for The Mystery of the Crystal Portal: Beyond the Horizon

* CPU: 1.6 GHz
* RAM: 1024 MB
* DirectX: 9.0
* Hard Drive: 176 MB

The following help articles have more information about game requirements and how to find updates:

Game Compatibility

Unable to Play Downloadable Game

If none of this helps, then it's time to contact tech support so they can begin looking for trends. You can contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page to reach the Webform. Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat through your "My Game Club" page.

Hope this helps!

-bfgZambezi

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 1, 10 9:48 AM
I haven`t problems with the game, its not slow. I am sorry for the other fishies.

padres
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by padres on Apr 1, 10 2:43 PM
I have a new computer and it is superfast. But this game loads extremely slowly. In fact it finally (and I mean finally) got to 100% and there it sat and said waiting and said waiting and said waiting and so forth. I finally cancelled it. I tried loading game 3 times and same slow process. HELP.

joy4u
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by joy4u on Apr 1, 10 5:15 PM
I went into the web site to have a look if others were having these problems and it seems that there is definitely something wrong so hopefully they can work out the problem,

Halotop
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by Halotop on Apr 1, 10 6:13 PM
on my laptop and Windows 7... no problems at all...however, through experience ..when I download I always listen to the Microsoft Gods and allow them to reinstall the game with W7 requirements.. which probably means they install the proper drivers, etc...
I'm stilll on my trial runs and intend to buy it.. It's a fun one.

Sorry to all the fishes out there with problems!!!!!!

carnick
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by carnick on Apr 1, 10 7:55 PM
I also have a problem with my cursor, I had difficulty to put my name on and when I went to see if I could change the cursor, I had no control over the cursor, it floated around and I could not get out I had to close my computor I have directx10 and I don't have problems with other games

[Post New]by Monchien on Apr 1, 10 8:01 PM
I followed all the suggestions to help the game run smoothly. But even with DirectX9 and all other requirements, the mouse slows down every other two screens. Let's hope the problem will be corrected so that we may enjoy the game for what it is : beautiful and relaxing ; and a little gift we give ourselves after a hard day's work.

tedderpic
Flounder
Flounder
2,029 Posts

[Post New]by tedderpic on Apr 1, 10 8:04 PM
I gave up ..drove me mad ..put the game back in rubbish bin...will try again in a few months time ...when problems hopefully fixed.....from the start of game had trouble even putting my name in........

joy4u
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by joy4u on Apr 2, 10 12:41 AM
tedderpic wrote:I gave up ..drove me mad ..put the game back in rubbish bin...will try again in a few months time ...when problems hopefully fixed.....from the start of game had trouble even putting my name in........

Go to: