joezee
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

Taking control of frustration

[Post New]by joezee on Dec 9, 16 8:15 AM
OK, still no Xmas event and I'm not even going to join the many, many players who have asked "when will it be here". I am going to take control of my frustration at not seeing any "ho ho ho" signs, and take a break until the snow flies and I hear some hooves on my rooftop. Hopefully Santa and his sleigh are coming soon.
Joezee

LvlSlgr
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

Re:Taking control of frustration

[Post New]by LvlSlgr on Dec 9, 16 8:42 AM
I completely understand. I've been taking a break also ... except for gifting my friends. In my opinion, it's always good to take a break from the game if you start to get frustrated. Definitely better than throwing the laptop.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Dec 9, 16 9:05 AM
I'm looking forward to Christmas also, but I have a different reason for battling frustration - SHARDS!

Every time I start to play, the very first HOS I do gives me a shard - without exception! It gets my day off to a really bad start! This has been going on for 2 weeks now. I'm to the point today where I see that worthless, stinking shard & just close the game. I'll go back later when it's time to send gifts, & try again - you guessed it! Another shard!!!

This is the Death by a Thousand Cuts from all those stabby, pointy shards raining down on me!

All I want for Christmas is to get no shards,
No more shards,
Yes, no more shards…

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Dec 9, 16 9:18 AM
I really want the shards

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Dec 9, 16 9:26 AM
I wish I could give them to you!

Why CAN'T we gift shards??? I'd give them out by the thousands if I could! And I'd be so happy to do so.

[Post New]by welshrarebit56 on Dec 9, 16 3:58 PM
Talking of Shards..............................

In the past week, I have noticed Madam Trina has been wanting wanting wanting Shards. In the past it's been Airship Wheels.

My suspicious mind, is wondering is she depleting me of my shards, so I can't update a room of new furniture.

OR

Am I going nuts, and about to be placed in a nice white jacket and sent to the MC's funny farm.

Cheers

Welsh Shelley

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Dec 11, 16 7:43 AM
Ha! Trina's asking me for shards AND airship wheels! I've got enough gold keys - she's just out of luck!
I think you're right to be suspicious, Welsh Shelley, but I'll be waiting for you with crossed arms at the "special" Castle facility - I was officially presented with my special hug-me jacket last week! Come join the party!

skell169
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by skell169 on Dec 11, 16 9:12 AM
I honestly do not get frustrated but what I do not understand is Trina wanting 200 shards from my level 29 game and only 87 shards from my level 51 game. It would make more sense the other way round possibly I am slightly confused by this but I am sure the Dev's have their reasons.
Hope everyone enjoys the Christmas Season when it arrives and I am sure we will all enjoy the Christmas Event in the Castle if the Dev's wish us to have one !!!!!!!
Good Luck to all

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Dec 11, 16 1:58 PM
Somewhere around doing 100 Trina quests, all 3 of my games are "maxed" out in the amounts Trina wants.... 200 shards, 300 airships, 50 rooms, 20 ZZs, etc... and the reward for all three games is 300 coins....

[Post New]by welshrarebit56 on Dec 11, 16 3:12 PM
Desertdruid wrote:Ha! Trina's asking me for shards AND airship wheels! I've got enough gold keys - she's just out of luck!
I think you're right to be suspicious, Welsh Shelley, but I'll be waiting for you with crossed arms at the "special" Castle facility - I was officially presented with my special hug-me jacket last week! Come join the party!

Thank you Druid.
As I have now a reservation, can I have a room with a view please, with balcony & to make it feel like home, looking at mountains.

jack7242
Clownfish
Clownfish
721 Posts

[Post New]by jack7242 on Dec 11, 16 5:26 PM
Room with a view AND a balcony, where do you think this room is?? It will have padded walls and bars on the windows!!

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Dec 11, 16 6:01 PM
Not too long ago, we came up with a "code" so we would recognize fellow inmates.... sbaker suggested we touch a finger to the side of our nose.... napoeon found an emoji... but, I tell ya, it looked more like the finger was going up the nose rather than to the side.... WHICH.... considering our state of mind... the drooling.... trying to swat imaginary flowers on the walls.... babbling about a "blood lotus"..... a finger up the nose is par for the course....

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Dec 12, 16 7:58 AM
I have three Android games and I just went and opened up my Xmas rooms. Lo and behold two are complete bar the little monkey. The third is just bare. Thought I would upgrade at least the tree, but it has been a long time In game time and we forget. It takes 3000 Shards to upgrade to that Lovely Tree. So we who have been playing forever have to remember that this coming event has a great number of new players who have a great need of those falling Shards.
As always Happy Gaming to All

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Dec 12, 16 9:08 AM
I understand that those just starting out want lots of shards quickly so they can decorate for Christmas. That's one of the reasons I wish we could gift shards!

Mostly I was referring to the perverse nature of this game to give you what you already have way too much of & certainly don't need more! Whatever that might be for you. For me, it's most egregiously shards.

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Dec 12, 16 9:47 AM
Desertdruid wrote:Ha! Trina's asking me for shards AND airship wheels! I've got enough gold keys - she's just out of luck!

I hope it fits. The one given me was too small and I look like an overstuffed penguin!
But looking on the bright side, I have been away from my computer and the game for four days and NO Winter festivities. So I have no catching up to do!
Am I being selfish in such company?
Yes nurse! I will come quietly now for my meds

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Dec 12, 16 10:28 AM
Desertdruid wrote:Mostly I was referring to the perverse nature of this game to give you what you already have way too much of & certainly don't need more! Whatever that might be for you. For me, it's most egregiously shards.

Specifically, I have collected 17,353 shards so far. I have done 39,911 HOS. Some of those shards were from chests & catching butterflies, but the vast majority of them were from HOS, & I played daily for 9 months before they were introduced a year ago.

Even WITHOUT compensating for those months shard-free, my effective drop rate is 43.479% SHARDS! That is ludicrous! I have nearly 6000 shards in inventory right now. I don't need more! I need inventory items from the HOS, & instead I'm getting what I LEAST need. That's why I'm going crazy & bleeding from thousands of shard-cuts.

[Post New]by welshrarebit56 on Dec 12, 16 11:36 AM
playingthegame wrote:

I hope it fits. The one given me was too small and I look like an overstuffed penguin!
But looking on the bright side, I have been away from my computer and the game for four days and NO Winter festivities. So I have no catching up to do!
Am I being selfish in such company?
Yes nurse! I will come quietly now for my meds

First off........... I thought the nice white jackets were left overs from "Saturday Night Fever", now I know why the arms were too long in my jacket.
What no view, don't think I like this hotel.
I thought the nice lady, was giving me Smarties (British sweeties).

Can I go home please.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Dec 12, 16 11:39 AM
Here's another example:
I have a quest to craft Bridger of Realms. Yay! For this I need Light of Asgard, & the Sharpened Horn & Dragons Fang & Phoenix Feather to get the Tree of Life. I go to the Fabric Counter to get the Horn, & it gives me a shard. I go to the Stone Sarcophagus to get the Feather, & it gives me a shard. 2 out of 3 HOS gave me shards instead of what I need for my quest.

I'm done for today. Wake me when it's Christmas. Nurse? Where's my meds?

[Post New]by welshrarebit56 on Dec 12, 16 12:06 PM
Hey Druid,

I'm done gifting for the day, in the UK.

I can hopefully help you out in the morning UK time, 1 Dragon's fang coming from our famous Welsh one. Must have had to pay a visit to the dentist, found it on the side of the hill whilst out walking the dog.

Hell, I'm definitaly losing it.

More meds nurse, no I don't want to go home.

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Dec 12, 16 12:38 PM
welshrarebit56 wrote:Hey Druid,

I'm done gifting for the day, in the UK.

I can hopefully help you out in the morning UK time, 1 Dragon's fang coming from our famous Welsh one. Must have had to pay a visit to the dentist, found it on the side of the hill whilst out walking the dog.

Hell, I'm definitaly losing it.

More meds nurse, no I don't want to go home.

You won't have to if you carry on like that!
There is a special "Happy Place"in the MC when you experience these mysteries!
I know I've been here for months, watching many of you join me in these cells (sorry: rooms).
There seems to be a glut of Aussies here at the moment, but I am sure that our Welsh cousins will be equally welcome

Go to: