Meredene
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Level 117

[Post New]by Meredene on Dec 9, 16 11:28 PM
Countless hours spent on this level. Studied Walkthrough till eyes glazed over. Any help much appreciated.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:Level 117

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Dec 10, 16 7:08 AM
It's 2 *very* big rooms plus a garden room. Can't remember if the garden is the long vertical narrow one with a lot of blocked spaces where you pretty much need the spells to get everything, but the garden is optional in any case.

I'm going to guess one of the following:

-You need to go all the way up to the top right of the starting room to find the green key to get the first amulet unlocked (the first amulet is all the way up at the upper right of the starting room). It takes a fair bit of scrolling the level around to see everything...might help to turn autoscroll off and manually scroll by holding the right mouse button and dragging the screen around. To save time or moves on collecting keys and amulets, use either the fireball or get the royal arrows lined up to hit them.

-The second key you need is in the middle part of room 2.

-There are large blocks of tiles in both rooms away from the keys which you will have to scroll all over the 2 rooms to find. Many of the blocks of tiles are enclosed by proxy tiles which the bomb spell is useful for taking one off the counters.

-The 30 clocks locked tiles in room 2 I think you have to go to some other corner of room 2 to match the clocks required.

-There are 3 amulets total to collect, so if your tile counter says zero but the level won't end, open up the minimap to see where the missing amulets are.

Edited on 12/10/2016 at 7:11:03 AM PST

Ashm00r
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Ashm00r on Dec 10, 16 7:09 AM
@Meredene Hi, I have made a video showing how to solve level 117 in moves mode. It works for timed mode as well. I have uploaded it to youtube, you can find it by searching "Jewel Match Royale level 117".

Here are a few tips. Focus on objectives - amulets, keys and golden tiles. Try to make matches with purpose most of the time. Use the hammer as soon as it is loaded. Try to line up amulets and keys with royal arrows for easy collecting.

I sent you a PM with the exact link to the video.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Dec 10, 16 7:13 AM
@Ashm00r I don't think that PM is going to be received because these forums don't like us posting outside links anywhere, even in PMs.

@Meredene if you get a blank subject line PM that won't open just delete it and search YouTube per Ashm00r's instructions.

[update] The unfortunate thing is that you don't always get the same royal arrows for a bigger match. I can't tell you how many times I wanted a cross shaped arrow and got an X shaped one instead...seems like the game has some kind of detection system for what is really going to help you at some point and wants to work against you then, yikes.

Edited on 12/10/2016 at 7:45:18 AM PST

Meredene
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Meredene on Dec 10, 16 8:37 PM

Ashm00r, your link worked perfectly and the video was superb.

I was so obsessed with Level 117 that "thank you" seems inadequate. I'm enormously grateful.

Ashm00r
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Ashm00r on Dec 13, 16 1:13 PM
@Meredene - you're welcome. I'm glad it helped.

@SynthpopAddict - apparently I can send links but cant exchange e-mail addresses. Maybe some mods did something to my account or that is just the way it works.

Go to: