Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Mystery Trackers: Queen of Hearts Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 10, 16 12:41 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 12/10/2016 at 8:54:12 AM PST

lolaluv
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Mystery Trackers: Queen of Hearts Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by lolaluv on Dec 10, 16 8:11 AM
HALF-HEARTED EFFORT

Seriously. The game is very short, I couldn't click on/pick up half the morphing objects or cards (I could see them but the mouse wouldn't select them) and you can't go back and get them after you complete the game. The "air filter" feature was incredibly annoying with the icon jumping around in the bottom corner. Actions were predictable, first hidden object scene crashed, and secret room wouldn't load. And still I can't use my trackpad for Elephant games - every other game developer works fine. I'm really glad this was a sale game because I'm very disappointed with the length and quality, and secret room problems seem to be rampant in Elephant games lately...

Given how fast standard editions are being released right now, if you're short on cash, better to wait for this one and use a game coupon...

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Mystery Trackers: Queen of Hearts Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Dec 10, 16 8:54 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Mystery Trackers: Queen of Hearts Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Mystery Trackers: Queen of Hearts Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Dec 10, 16 1:49 PM
Dreadful, low quality game.

Horrible graphics that are VERY poorly drawn.

The monster characterization is just plain terrible.

HOS is the usual small, junky, cluttered mess.

The mini puzzle in the police van is unworkable & the SG is of no help. What happened to the skip button? Also, that awful frog is back on the hint button.

There is some kind of gas mask feature that didn't make any sense.

Elf is still his cute self though.

jonah11
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by jonah11 on Dec 10, 16 3:34 PM
The first mystery tracker games were so much better. The last few have lack quality. This game is no exception. Sale not good enough to buy.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Dec 10, 16 5:37 PM
It's not too often that I find a game that I really don't like, but this one was poor all around. The first HOPA scene was nothing more than a very dark junk pile, and one of the puzzles was not working at all. As usual, there were a lot of missing badges, symbols, etc, but I didn't come across a missing zipper pull during the demo. Once again, I loose a perfectly good cutting tool, only to need one in another scene. And poor Elf really needed his tail protected, or he surely would have been affected by the gas himself. The need to replenish filters didn't provide any sense of urgency or danger, and I ended up just turning it off.

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Dec 12, 16 12:48 AM
In addition to the numerous other problems everyone else has mentioned, there's the timer, which runs out VERY fast. You have to focus on getting air filters so that you can breathe and not get infected, rather than relaxing and enjoying the game at your own pace. If I wanted to play a time management game on hard mode, I'd do so.

Also, while the graphics are adjustable, I discovered that having a brightness level of 71%, which is usually enough to compensate for poor vision, rendered the brightness no better than that of the typical game whose brightness can't be increased from 50%. I have to say that I consider a game where 71% brightness equals 50% anywhere else to be a technical failure.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Dec 12, 16 11:04 PM
I think I just really don't want a super-creepy villain at the moment. And he's creepy to almost joke status (seriously - some weird pokey-thing coming out of his forehead?!). It's just too much silliness to go along with ho-hum gameplay.

It's the Holiday Season fishies - enjoy!!

[Post New]by oscarandruby on Jan 20, 17 10:35 AM
I enjoyed the game and didn't seem to have any of the problems other people had but I found it very unforgiving when I missed picking up a piece it just wouldn't let me go back to collect it so game over and I had to start again. By the way for the person who didn't like charging the timer it can be switched off.

Go to: