Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Delicious: Emily's Christmas Carol Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 13, 16 12:39 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 12/13/2016 at 6:36:36 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Delicious: Emily's Christmas Carol Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 13, 16 6:37 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Delicious: Emily's Christmas Carol Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Delicious: Emily's Christmas Carol Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Delicious: Emily's Christmas Carol Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Dec 17, 16 4:49 AM
I think the Delicious series are okay, but they do tend to be the same thing over and over.
This one is the same as the others, except with an Xmas feel.
The colours and visuals are always good, and it is a fun game to play if you like TM games.
I have zero interest in the storyline, as it's always about her overly-pampered brat or the nasty relative.
I will not buy the CE, as I am not paying double for a few extra levels, when I know BF will bring out the "normal" version soon enough.
I did enjoy my free demo hour, but will not buy. Seems the precious few TM games of late are all CE, which is unfair.

Edited on 12/17/2016 at 4:50:18 AM PST

Cookyville
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by Cookyville on Dec 17, 16 6:05 AM
This Delicious game is Delightful & not nearly as tedious as Wonder Wedding, Hopes & Fears- etc...

I just hope they don't bring too many people in & lose the essence of 'Snugford'

and the central characters....

It would be nice to have a game with Emily & Patrick- leaving Paige with Granny

Cookyville

Nagster
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Nagster on Dec 17, 16 7:34 AM
Cookyville wrote:

It would be nice to have a game with Emily & Patrick- leaving Paige with Granny

Amen to that. Wouldn't break my heart if Paige was given the opportunity to go to a boarding school in Switzerland until she's 17. But I'd leave Patrick out of the next game too. What does the guy do while Emily is running around like a chicken with her head cut off all the time? Planting bulbs? How about a girls only European Vacation storyline where Emily doesn't have to work constantly? (Yes, I realize that's the whole premise, but Geez.) They can segue to Snuggleford on a few levels where the menfolk have to run things and fend for themselves.

palegoldfish
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by palegoldfish on Dec 17, 16 9:16 AM
I have all of the Delicious games and this one is the lamest by far. As far as I'm concerned they ruined the series by bringing Paige into the storyline. All of the characters are different from the other games and the shopping was ruined in this one because you're not decorating any of your restaurants. I bought the game but I don't think I'm ever going to play it again. Delicious - Emily's Holiday Season is much, much better. I think they just called this one in.

BlueLena
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by BlueLena on Dec 19, 16 5:24 PM
I really thought I was the only player who found Paige almost unbearable!.In this game she was slowly driving me nuts, if she wasn't crying then she demanded attention any other way. As a previous player said, I too hope the makers don't introduce loads of new characters- who then go on to spin off games.
I enjoyed this game as I do all the others but this one , somehow had a different feel about it,it's hard to explain, but it was almost as if where is the real Emily and what have you done to her.
Overall though an enjoyable game with some of the levels I found quite challenging and others quite easy. The story line was quite weak really and those carol singers a huge mistake, but this game is still a welcome addition to my collection.

GloomySunday
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by GloomySunday on Dec 21, 16 5:56 AM
I agree that Paige was a major setback for the series. I always enjoyed the storyline for these games, but once Paige was there, it revolved around her and the quirkiness was gone. In this game, she is so extremely awful! Self-centered, rude, demanding - it ruined the whole storyline and it's also a bit of a disappointment that Emily is such a doormat as a mother (Patrick was always a wimp). I want François back, he is the best character in the game, and I also like Emily's direct family. Patrick doss nothing for the game and Paige spoils the whole storyline fun. Can't they do a flashback game to pre-Patrick and especially pre spoiled brat Paige times? More François!!

Usually, when a new Delicious game came out, I bought it without trial. When Paige appeared, I started doing trials first. This Christmas game is the second in the series that I didn't buy after the trial and the first where even the trial hour seemed very long, I only kept playing through the hour to see if it would improve. I find that quite sad, it used to be the best TM series around. I hope they find back to their earlier form.

Nefersitra
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Nefersitra on Dec 21, 16 11:05 AM
Given how old Paige is, I was wondering why she was an only child.

Then I played Emily's Christmas Carol and discovered it is because Paige is now an obnoxious spoilt brat who in the only cut scene in which she sees her parents embrace yells and pushes them apart.

The gameplay is nothing really new, but the Delicious series does it so well, it doesn't matter and I liked the reminder from Emily about when she worked on the train before she married Patrick.

I agree with other posters (in case you hadn't guessed) that in the future Paige's role needs to be minimised - give Emily and Patrick another kid (Patrick can be a stay at home dad with it) and preferably have Angela have a baby so all the adults stop dancing to the brat's tune.

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Dec 22, 16 12:20 PM
I am really loving the actual gameplay. I kind of like upgrading the food because each upgrade acts differently so you can choose based on your playing skills (i.e., do you want the crepes that won't burn or the crepes that can burn but earn you more money, etc). I also love love love the bonus levels.

I don't like the furniture upgrades. I'd rather upgrade the furniture and can they please implement something to cheer up counter customers.

I absolutely hate the storyline and have hit the skip button for everything. I agree with everyone else, Paige is the worst.

Edited to add: Paige's face on the upgrade scream can haunt your nightmares.

Edited on 12/25/2016 at 10:48:25 AM PST

cleetoo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by cleetoo on Dec 24, 16 7:38 PM
I love this game. The Christmas colors and scenes are delightful and it is just what I needed to pass the time until Christmas.
I always look for the games that are gentle in spirit. The characters are fine as they are and as I have played other "Emily" games they follow their usual behavior.
I buy the Emily games because of the graphics and colors and they are always sweet games and I know what to expect.

Wolfangels
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

[Post New]by Wolfangels on Dec 26, 16 9:32 AM
Page is a brat & should get a baby brother François needs a boyfriend... Besides that some of the silver levels seem to have bugs where the customers get stuck behind the others, they are already mad when the get to the counter... It's getting to a bit much... I hate giving up on a game ... I hope someone comes up with away around this... Also I can't play the reindeer game cos the reindeer block the drinks ... I feel a bit cheated ...

~Wolf~

violet922
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by violet922 on Jan 1, 17 9:49 PM
I have always loved the Emily games; but this one was a tiny bit annoying particularly in Mary's Gift Shop. There were too many things to do gathering those darned toys on the shelf. It took me a while before I understood when making something with a cart or horse, you have to click the wheels either once, or twice, and there is a specific order for wheels when making that car in order to complete what customers want. There were too many parts to each item on the shelf.

That little brat Bradley was worse than Paige ever could be. I was just worn out and relieved when that Shop was completed.....WHEW!
At least they did give us more of a challenge this time. Some of the individual Challenges I had to pass or give up on. Too much work, and some were impossible to win.

Someone suggested Paige be given a sibling........ I hope not! They have just gotten her to the point where she helps in some of the restaurants. Don't need Hope running around trying to serve, clean, and put pacifiers in a newborn's mouth!

tamk42
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by tamk42 on Jan 7, 17 6:51 PM

Unlocking all the upgrades: Can I just say-BackPack!!!???

[Post New]by tamk42 on Jan 7, 17 6:44 PM
I love this game BUT I have said this before, making us play and play over and over and over again to get these upgrades for that trophies is just plain ridiculous. I am early in the game and re-playing to get that stupid backpack to upgrade. Well for one thing, there is only 3 of them, and for another, no one hardly ever orders it. I think this is done purposely and it is so darn annoying!!! Do any of the developers ever read these comments?????

Go to: