hd2222
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

Chapter 6, Apple Orchard ...coin versus electrical tape

[Post New]by hd2222 on Dec 15, 16 10:05 AM
In Santa's house, there is a live wire on the Xmas tree that must be taped to obtain a gold coin, which will be used to further the game. Have done so with the tape, but the wire is still indicating live activity, consequently, I am unable to pick up the coin. Should I have disregarded the SG and pick up the coin first, then tape the wire? This is one of those "Good grief, Charlie Brown" moments since the game is not an exceptional one in the first place Thanks for any input.

c8h10n4o2
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:Chapter 6, Apple Orchard ...coin versus electrical tape

[Post New]by c8h10n4o2 on Dec 15, 16 1:56 PM
I just posted about this same problem in the Technical Issues thread. I'm on a Mac running OS 10.10. Hope it gets fixed soon. Really like the game so far and want to finish.

[Post New]by tinylil on Dec 15, 16 6:02 PM
I am having the same issue with the coin and the tape. Does that mean I have to start all over again. I am not impressed"

je_peche
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by je_peche on Dec 16, 16 3:59 PM
same issue here. any love from the techs thread? I didn't see anything. UGH that's two games in a row, BF. c'mon!

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Dec 17, 16 12:46 AM
I had to start again with a new name (I had already uninstalled/re-installed the game) as nothing was changed under the first name, and this time, everything worked.

Jen.

bethy829
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by bethy829 on Dec 18, 16 7:21 PM
Same problem as many other seem to be having with the coin and electrical tape. So close to the end now that I sure don't want to start all over again.
Windows 7

tophen
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by tophen on Dec 18, 16 7:34 PM
same coin and tape
.can not pick uo

slaflamme
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by slaflamme on Dec 19, 16 12:59 PM
What a pain in the seat of my pants. Not just this issue, but the brother's room with the shelf/drawer not opening issue too. Had to restart under another name to get that drawer to open and now this coin problem. Good grief Charlie Brown, bah humbug to this game. Too many glitches for one game. Obviously, somebody didn't do a good job of beta testing.

[Post New]by CherylParker on Dec 19, 16 5:40 PM
They need a fix for this game! Too many things not working as they should.

[Post New]by canuckbby on Dec 19, 16 9:16 PM
I'm having the same issue. I can't pick up the coin. It's incredibly annoying.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Dec 20, 16 10:29 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you all, first of all, for your patience while waiting on a response. I'm sorry to hear that this game seems to be having trouble with this specific puzzle. I wanted to swim by real fast and see if some preliminary troubleshooting can help out, and to also provide the way to contact our Support Team if more help is necessary. I also want players to know that the right teams have been made aware of the issues reported by players with this game. As soon as moderators receive more information, we'll be sure to update this forum with an announcement.

For players on a Windows computer with this particular puzzle may find that running the game as an Administrator may resolve issues like this where a puzzle isn't completing as expected:

Run Game as Administrator

For players seeing this issue on Mac computers, this particular page has some general steps that may be able to resolve this issue for some players:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

For any problems that continue after trying those steps, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE. Our Reps are always happy to provide additional support for our games and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

As a heads up, our Support Team has received more requests than usual recently and our time to respond may be longer than we'd like. Our Reps have their heads down working hard to get back in touch personally with our players, and if you receive a response that appears to not address the issue or is automated, I recommend replying directly to it. By replying to that message, you can keep your place in queue and alert our system and Reps that more help is necessary. Thanks for understanding.

Since this is discussing a technical issue, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread. If players would like to continue discussing these issues or report new ones, please feel free to do so in the following thread: Please post any TECH ISSUES for Yuletide Legends: The Brothers Claus Collector's Edition here.

Thank you for your patience. If there are any further questions, don't hesitate to PM any of our other moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Go to: