Annikabelle
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

Making money etc.

[Post New]by Annikabelle on Dec 18, 16 5:30 PM
I am on level 34 PC and am always running out of money by opening zz when I would rather have more HOS. How on earth do you become a millionaire? Also, I will be on vacation for 8 days - how do I turn myself inactive? Great forum and thank you to all my friends. Really miss the tournaments - any insight on when they will be back? Ben

Re:Making money etc.

[Post New]by FreakieFaerie on Dec 18, 16 7:59 PM
IF you will be inactive. Go to you name to edit to show your on break or back by an estimated date. you can remove your wish list if you want to pause gifting while you will be away

That way your friends know you will be off the game for however long you wont be able to play.

I will leave the millionaires to answer that portion of your questions.

Happy Gaming
Tiny Faerie

Edited on 12/18/2016 at 10:05:46 PM PST

Lyane575521
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by Lyane575521 on Dec 19, 16 6:31 AM
Well I'm not a millionaire at all, now have 290 000 coins and i'm on level 74 now.
My strategy is, when they ask for anything a room to open, a quest, craft something,or anything, I doubled the amount of coins needed, So, lets say you need to open a ZZ at 5000$, you need to make 10 000$, if a quest or a person asks to craft an object for 3k you make double before you do anything. It's the only way I found that helped me. I started at level 69 about to do this, it's longer to play, but you make the coins. Wish I would of started before, I might be a millionaire now...
Hope this helps
Happy Gaming and have a great holiday

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Dec 19, 16 6:41 AM
I just gained Level 40. Is there any way to farm gold quickly? 50 to 65 gold at a time (at best) takes ages to earn, and I can't craft Ancestor's Spirit indefinitely--I run out of unique and unusual stamps.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Dec 19, 16 6:59 AM
Rhysdux, have you gotten to Rudoguil's quests yet? He will ask for Ancestor’s Spirit & Pendant of Sympathy, both of which sell for a profit. If I were you, I would put the stamps you need on your wish list & just sit on those quests, crafting & selling, crafting & selling, until you have a good cushion of coin.
Then later, Valdo will ask for more items that sell for a profit - Natural Selection, Life Measurer, & I forget the other one. Spend a week just crafting & selling & you'll be surprised how much coin you'll accumulate.

Ben, you've got Anabel's quests asking for the Mechancal Heart & Chastening Power, both of which turn a good profit. Same advice.

Have fun!

Edited on 12/19/2016 at 7:05:54 AM PST

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Dec 19, 16 7:26 AM
Desertdruid wrote:Rhysdux, have you gotten to Rudoguil's quests yet? He will ask for Ancestor’s Spirit & Pendant of Sympathy, both of which sell for a profit. If I were you, I would put the stamps you need on your wish list & just sit on those quests, crafting & selling, crafting & selling, until you have a good cushion of coin.
Then later, Valdo will ask for more items that sell for a profit - Natural Selection, Life Measurer, & I forget the other one. Spend a week just crafting & selling & you'll be surprised how much coin you'll accumulate.

Ben, you've got Anabel's quests asking for the Mechancal Heart & Chastening Power, both of which turn a good profit. Same advice.

Have fun!

Rudoguil currently wants the Sign of Rocky Throne (requiring Northern Lights, Winter Sapphire, Ice Key, 5 Unusual Stamps, and 2,000 gold) and Pack Teeth (Moon Shine, Blast of Darkness, Burning Sun, 10 Unusual Stamps, and 6,000 [!!] gold). So 8,000 gold just for those two items.

On top of that 8.000, I also need 15,800 to open a couple of areas (one in the Dream Castle and one in the Metro Station).

How profitable is the Pendant of Sympathy? I ask because it costs 1,000 gold just to make the blasted thing.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Dec 19, 16 7:34 AM
There is a thread: Updated crafting list cost/sell that might help you

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/369099.page

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Dec 19, 16 7:43 AM
Ucch! Pack Teeth! Hang in there - just get through this one quest & the Ancestor's Spirit & Pendant of Sympathy are next. Pendant of Sympathy sells for 1750.

Check out this thread - it will help you plan ahead:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/100/274420.page

Edited on 12/19/2016 at 7:51:33 AM PST

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Dec 19, 16 9:10 AM
Rhysdux wrote:I just gained Level 40. Is there any way to farm gold quickly? 50 to 65 gold at a time (at best) takes ages to earn, and I can't craft Ancestor's Spirit indefinitely--I run out of unique and unusual stamps.

If you craft your way through the game, you will always be on the short end of the stick.....both with coins and with other items needed to do said crafting.

The simple solution is to do the rounds...go into the rooms as often as you can when they are available....that will build coins, inventory, stamps, pet food, airship items --- all the items you need to proceed in the game.

Crafting for coin should be a booster in times of need, but not a way of playing the game.

And, there is no reason to hurry through the game.....because once you reach the current content end, you will have no quests to help relieve the boredom of doing the rounds....so might as well do a few rounds.....do a few quests .....then do a few more rounds to do a few more quests.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Dec 19, 16 12:12 PM
Perhaps I should have made myself clearer - I never intended crafting & selling as a substitute for doing the rounds. It is necessary to do the HOS to get the items you need to craft with, after all.

What I was trying to convey is to stop when you get a quest for a profitable item to craft, rather than just crafting it once to satisfy the quest & then moving on to the next quest. And of course, work other HOS while you're waiting for the quest-related ones to recharge.

As you said, AEG, there's no point in being in a hurry to "finish".

WeeSam
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by WeeSam on Dec 19, 16 12:26 PM
I was a millionaire by level 39. I got there by being slow and patient. I am not in a rush to get to the end. Here is my advice:

1. Whatever you spend - put it back with interest before moving on. If I have a quest needing 5000, I spend the 5000 then don't move on to the next quest until I have put 5000+ back.

2. Don't spend money needlessly. Don't spin the wheel for extra turns. Don't spend lots of money on upgrading rooms or playing dice.

3. Always do the rounds of the HOS. Over and over again. Don't just do the HOS that will get you the item you require for a quest. Do them all.

4. Don't use diamonds. It is so tempting to buy your way through. Just need 1 item for a zoom zone? Use some diamonds to buy it. DON'T DO THIS. If you do this you are cheating yourself out of the money you would have made from doing the HOS to get the item.

5. Make sure you have a reasonable supply of pet food and airship items, but don't hoard them. They are better off being used. Send airships and feed pets for coins. I keep a supply of no more than 50 pet food, and 100 of each airship item.

6. Don't hoard inventory. If you are at level 74, then you can afford to keep inventory, but if you are at lower levels and you really want to make cash, sell that inventory. Don't keep a lot of it on hand. There is absolutely no point to having huge amounts of inventory if what you need is cash. The game will give you what you need when you need it. I keep no more than 10 of any item. However, DO NOT SELL STAMPS.

7. Craft for profit when you get quests for things like Blessing Pendants - but watch the stamp supply.

8. Stop doing quests periodically and just do rounds. I take one week a month off quests and just do the rounds for coins.

9. Collect all the morphing objects. It may be only 10 coins but they all add up.

Good luck.

Edited on 12/19/2016 at 12:28:58 PM PST

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Dec 19, 16 1:33 PM
Sound advice, Weesam!

52lucky
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by 52lucky on Dec 19, 16 2:01 PM
Sage advice, WeeSam! I learned this all the hard way, before I found the forum. There is no way around it....you have to build yourself a cushion.

Pama

Edited on 12/19/2016 at 2:01:43 PM PST

Annikabelle
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by Annikabelle on Dec 19, 16 3:46 PM
Thank you all so much for your time and advise. I have rushed my game! Ben

HennyMarie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,417 Posts

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Dec 19, 16 3:54 PM
WeeSam

May I ask were you were when I needed that advise

lisarae_au
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by lisarae_au on Jun 8, 17 10:12 PM
Edit: Oh why did I not find your post before this Weesam????

May I add a note regarding patience? (Which I do not possess...)
Making a point of getting the minimum score (so waiting in between finding items until the timer has run down, and taking the full 2 minutes (or I guess at higher levels more ) to complete the scene) means you have the maximum benefits from that scene - I've never noticed any financial gain from doing the scenes speedily.
Which doesn't mean I don't speed through, as I said I do not actually POSSESS patience, but it does mean you can amass your coins and stamps - and if you search scenes when nothing is required (i.e. you are not on a quest) you get a FEW (about 15) extra pennies sometimes instead of an item. It is definitely not the fast way to make money, but unless you have unlimited RL cash for buying currency to progress, it's the only way to do it. I've recently read as many of these types of thread as I could (many are locked) and the consensus is patience and doing the HOS. There are also some v.helpful threads on artificing for gain. I can't find it again; but this: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/783807.page#6552890 contains a list. I don't know if it is complete.
Having stuffed up my game AGAIN by speeding, I thought that the details about patience with the HOSs might be useful to newcomers in particular.

I also just discovered the Strategy Guide. It looks like it might actually be really useful but (in the bit I read) not actually give spoilers as such. Derr. Here it is (and it's pinned for the brighter of you who actually look at these things....) http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/274420.page;jsessionid=8E55C6F987DFFFB5AE19823B9F8D18EE

Since I've rattled on this long I'll add 2 more links: "Coins & Shards -What an item is worth" http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/553519.page ; the other is pinned: "Helpful Links for Midnight Castle" http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/284084.page;jsessionid=8E55C6F987DFFFB5AE19823B9F8D18EE

I feel like a dill putting in such obvious links, but I just discovered you can gift 3 times a day... Since when? ugh. (my stupidity not the game... maybe )

PS I'm only on level 26 and I already can't afford my game. (And I (re)started on 7 with 150,000 coins and 2000 diamonds courtesy of Big Fish refunding lost progress.)

Edited on 06/08/2017 at 10:26:43 PM PST

gtminer
Clownfish
Clownfish
812 Posts

[Post New]by gtminer on Jun 9, 17 2:36 PM
I crafted for the coin I needed. But, never use the unique stamp as you just don't get enough in game to craft for profit. When you craft for profit, make sure to put the stamps on your wish list to help replace them. Most of us that are maxed have an abundance of stamps, other than unique, to give away. And really, it's easier for us to gift a stamp than to give a DQ item.

I crafted mostly the Mechanical Heart which takes 6 green & 6 white stamps. It shows up as a quest about every 10 levels. That is a great spot to stop leveling and craft it to sell over & over. If you had put the stamps on your wish list, friends will help you. Once your stamps are too low, just do rounds to get more stamps to continue to craft/sell. Other items you can do this with are Artifact of Infinity, Blessing Pendant, Chastening Power, and Monster of the Dawn. Those items all sell for way more than the cost to make. There are other items that you can use too, but the profit margin are not as great compared to the stamp requirement and/or the amount of hos needed such as the Bemusing Potion and the Card of Destiny

BAPPLE
Clownfish
Clownfish
626 Posts

[Post New]by BAPPLE on Jun 9, 17 6:17 PM
In addition to the advice already offered...I never used multiple crafted items for cash on a single HOS or to open a ZZ. I didn't become a millionaire until I reached level 72 (top at that time). I continue to earn all the gold moving through updates. I didn't finish the latest update til after the spring event.

norry6
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

[Post New]by norry6 on Jun 10, 17 4:11 AM
I would just add use the NEW Strategy Guide. Still found in the same place but tidier and up-to-date thanks to Annelliegram.

Also if you like doing them, use puzzles to get items needed for crafting. The find route doesn't work without a quest but you might be able to win it. I make a list of items needed and work from it. But I only play the free turns.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Jun 10, 17 5:42 AM
One of the great things about this game is that you can play it differently and ... eventually... end up at the same place

Unlike WeeSam.... I kept two games on level 17 for about 14 months.... I DID spin that wheel, spent about a million coins to get eggs (before they put one on the wheel everyday)... I DO have ALL the furniture in those games... I did around a hundred of each DQ... Completed all dice achievements over a year ago..

One game is on level 50 now.... close to 1.3 million... The other is level 42 and also close to 1.3 million....

I only level up when Trina asks for 20 zz's... this can take weeks to move forward because I am VERY picky when it comes to the airships I am willing to send... This keeps me stuck on Trina's 300 wheels - I refuse to send more than two airships each time she asks for them... While I wait for those "perfect" airships, I do the rounds...

Started a new game at the beginning of the Spring Event... it's on level 21, and has 225,000 coins....... Again, I only level up when Trina asks for 20zz's....... It takes 4 "perfect" airships on that level for her 300 wheel demand... since I am not going to spend a year on just one level, I limit my spins on the wheel, limit dice to once a day, and do not waste resources on furniture... as for pet food, I forget to feed pets, besides the more you have, the more you get... I do not craft for profit... I just do the merry-go-rounds... I have played puzzles waiting for a 30 min. HO to recharge - I can't do them everyday, that would drive me nuts... Having more than one game to play while waiting for HO's to recharge in other games, keeps me busy and never bored.... I'm always working toward something in one game or the other....

I rarely do the rounds in my level 76 game, it has over a million coins, I REFUSE to send more than one airship for Trina - and I rarely EVER get an airship with 300+ wheels - can take me a month to complete a 300 wheel Trina quest... I am still trying for 500 key quests, but... at this rate, I may never get there before I give up on the game..

People play differently depending on what is important to them... Getting to the "end" is not important to me.... Seems to me, the ones stressing out over making it to the end of the current content, end up being the ones who then say how bored they are when they get there.... When a player focuses on the destination, they tend to miss out on enjoying the journey.... To each their own...

Go to: