bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Lamp of Aladdin technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 2, 10 12:58 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, p lease get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any Lamp of Aladdin technical issues here only

[Post New]by yellowrose1943 on Apr 2, 10 8:31 AM
I can't get this game to work at all. It loads and then asks me to put my name in. When I try it freezes and I have to start the task manager to close it.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Apr 2, 10 8:58 AM
Welcome to the pond yellowrose1943!

I'm sorry to hear that your game is freezing. It sounds like you may need to try some updates to your video card drivers and/or Direct X to get your game running better. You can do that by clicking on the 'Frequent Crashing of Game' link above.

You can also contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page. Or, if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat.

Hope this helps!

bfgTigris

[Post New]by OriannaMarie on Apr 2, 10 11:04 AM
This game sticks when I try to make the matches of three. The pieces are really hard to get to switch. Let me know when you get it fixed. I still have about 30 minutes left and would like to buy it when it is fixed.

Donick2
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Donick2 on Apr 2, 10 5:44 PM
flashing across the picture & unable to read text some words missing similar problem as in Edens Quest
Will there be a patch & update ?

lindia06
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by lindia06 on Apr 2, 10 8:45 PM
I also found the pieces hard to move and very choppy. Looks like a good game, but I will have to wait and see if there is an update or something before I will buy it.

Donick2
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Donick2 on Apr 3, 10 12:41 AM
Hey Lindia06 & anyone else as you see above I had problem to & looked what it said on green envelope about it & it suggested up-grade on adobe video so did that & after re-boot it worked great,just hope it has fixed it

Hope it helps some of you others

It is a good game & as someone mention it is like Totem Quest bot NO timer,well only on a few, loved that game too but never got to finish as got too hard at end for me so this is great

Donick2
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Donick2 on Apr 3, 10 1:35 AM
Up-date on above,it only seems to work on & off so still can't play so will have to wait for tech guys too

[Post New]by Pretz57 on Apr 3, 10 6:02 AM
I only get a white screen when I'm supposed to fill my name in. Uninstalled and reinstalled but still have the same problem.

[Post New]by kakadupin on Apr 3, 10 6:08 PM
Hi,
I had no problem with downloading the full version, but when I wanted to play it, it wouldn't play. I got the message:-
"Access violation at 0x0475390 (tried to read from 0x00000018), program terminated"
This is the third Big Fish game in the last 6 months that has not worked for me, but have never received this message before. What does it mean?????????

Metamorph
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Metamorph on Apr 3, 10 7:59 PM
I had the same problem and couldn't even get the game to load. I uninstalled and reinstalled and still get the same message and problem.

kakadupin wrote:Hi,
I had no problem with downloading the full version, but when I wanted to play it, it wouldn't play. I got the message:-
"Access violation at 0x0475390 (tried to read from 0x00000018), program terminated"
This is the third Big Fish game in the last 6 months that has not worked for me, but have never received this message before. What does it mean?????????

dregester
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by dregester on Apr 4, 10 9:01 PM
The hidden object part of the game worked fine, but when I got to the M3 everything stuck. The pieces were hard to move and the game went really slow. I like this game, but not if it's not going to work on my machine.

Donick2
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Donick2 on Apr 6, 10 12:05 AM
Hey guys at BF are you going to help us ? want to play it properly

auggie1224
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by auggie1224 on Apr 6, 10 1:32 PM
When I go to the screen that says we need to find stone, nothing happens. The screen just continues to show the pathway lined with lions heads and a ship in the water. Is this where the match 3 should come in to play? Would like to buy the game if it would work correctly

BlueLena
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by BlueLena on Apr 6, 10 5:33 PM

Same here!!!
Blue Lena

Donick2
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Donick2 on Apr 6, 10 6:48 PM
Has Anyone got a solution yet ?

[Post New]by emfer3010 on Apr 8, 10 3:12 PM
I had problem loading the game, my screen stayed blank.

Found a new update for DirectX and downloaded it and the game is working fine for me. You can find it the Microsoft update page.

It might work for you, too.

Good luck fishies

devis
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by devis on Apr 11, 10 6:48 PM
I'm having an error/access problem also - the one game I realy want to try and have even bought twice - once for me and the second time I sent to myself as a gift hoping that would work.

[Post New]by Thalomarre on Apr 18, 10 2:51 PM
I downloaded the game and played just fine until my trial period expired. Then I went ahead and bought it, registered it, and relaunched. The Big Fish logo appeared, then the game immediately exited. No error message or anything; just the "Thank you for playing" screen in the Game Manager. I've rebooted my computer and reinstalled the game, but it still does the same thing.

Anyone have an idea as to how to fix this?

[Post New]by Thalomarre on Apr 18, 10 8:20 PM
In case anyone else had the same problem I had (see previous post):

I managed to resolve the problem by deleting my config data and saves, located (for Windows Vista) at C:\ProgramData\Fenomen Games. I had to start my game over, but at least it allowed me to play!

Go to: