bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Comments and Reviews for Lamp of Aladdin

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 2, 10 12:59 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Lamp of Aladdin? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Hope to hear from you!

bfgFlounder

Re:Comments and Reviews for Lamp of Aladdin

[Post New]by Pennye on Apr 2, 10 2:15 AM
All I got was a white screen. Then tried to delete and redownload yet still the same white screen. I was looking forward to trying this game but I guess it will not play on my computer. ( I download at least 10 a month so go figure) Oh well was looking for a HOG with a twist but didn't find it here. I will not try again because I have already lost 3 mins trying to get it to work on a trial. Best of luck to the rest of you.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 2, 10 2:31 AM
Sorry to hear about that, you need to contact Customer Sevice- they will definately help. I know some people don't bother while others were more than satisfied with their help, Good Luck -TMann

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Apr 2, 10 2:58 AM
played the demo, after 20 min i had to close the game, when i tried it again all i got was a black screen. when i clicked alt ctrl del to end the game, it came back.
nice game with easy hidden object after each level you finish.if you get stuck in the 3 match game the genie helps you. Its not a game for me, cause i dont like match game, but for people that like those kind of games i would say try it and buy it
Cisca

Lvlady48
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Lvlady48 on Apr 2, 10 3:49 AM
This should have been called a M3 game, with a few HOG scenes. Played 30 mins and had 1 **** in it. I don't like M3G, so I won't be buying this one.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Apr 2, 10 4:05 AM
Lvlady48 wrote:This should have been called a M3 game

well, it IS in the M3-category. And has a walkthrough, indeed... lol!

gimmegames wrote:Did you (like me) wish Tibet Quest had a relaxed untimed mode? Well, the genie of the lamp has granted your wish.
And that says it all, IMO - some nice add-ons, like a mini-map for the way through the M3-lvl, oh, and of course the H-O-scenes, but basically, it's Tibet Quest, just with the untimed possibility... Ah well, although I watch much more for the timer-off option these days, I'm not going to buy this one, too similar.

Not a biggie, just a hint: I saw a bonus lvl that was timed (although very generous), and a pity is that the trophy descriptions vanish after you got the trophy, so you'd better read before and remember.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Apr 2, 10 4:39 AM
If you don't like a Match 3 with a bit od platform/arcade and TM thrown in with an occasional IHOG then this game is not for you.

It has beautiful graphics, a good story, humor and seems well crafted. I like Match 3s and I like IHOGs and I even like platforms but I just don't want to play them all at once. I don't care much for TMs so I have no interest in building a castle or restoring a ship or beating a timer. If this had been strictly an IHOG with maybe an occasional very short M3 or other minis I would have bought it in a flash. As it is, I'll regretfully pass on it.

lackoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,430 Posts

[Post New]by lackoo on Apr 2, 10 4:54 AM
Just watched the gameplay video.
Was it made by Playtrix Entertainment ? Reminds me of 4 Elements.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 2, 10 4:57 AM
lackoo wrote:Just watched the gameplay video.
Was it made by Playtrix Entertainment ? Reminds me of 4 Elements.
I know it does and Tibet Quest- I forgot about that game too. Maybe you'll like it. TMann

Edited on 04/02/2010 at 4:58:23 AM PST

lackoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,430 Posts

[Post New]by lackoo on Apr 2, 10 5:00 AM
TerryMann wrote: I know it does and Tibet Quest- I forgot about that game too. Maybe you'll like it. TMann
Thanks for the reply,will try out the demo.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 2, 10 5:02 AM
lackoo wrote:
TerryMann wrote: I know it does and Tibet Quest- I forgot about that game too. Maybe you'll like it. TMann
Thanks for the reply,will try out the demo.
Good Luck!!!

lackoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,430 Posts

[Post New]by lackoo on Apr 2, 10 5:04 AM
TerryMann wrote:Good Luck!!!
Thanks.

Edited on 04/02/2010 at 5:05:23 AM PST

kevabear
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by kevabear on Apr 2, 10 5:36 AM
Lvlady48 wrote:This should have been called a M3 game, with a few HOG scenes. Played 30 mins and had 1 **** in it. I don't like M3G, so I won't be buying this one.

Ummmm.....It is shown as a M3 Lvlady.......

I do like M3's and I like this one. Reminds me a lot of "Jewels of Cleopatra" only I like this one better. "Jewels" plays real choppy on my pc and this one is much smoother. Wish it had snakes and things to avoid like in Jewels though. I like the occasional HOG scenes and the graphics and extras are fun. I will probably be using a game credit on this one.

Thanks BF!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 2, 10 5:45 AM
Thats a great game! I have bought it today! Thanks,

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 2, 10 5:47 AM
Eisteepfirsich wrote:Thats a great game! I have bought it today! Thanks,
To: Eisteepfirsich I am glad to hear you enjoyed, good for you all !!!! TMann

lackoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,430 Posts

[Post New]by lackoo on Apr 2, 10 6:54 AM
Finished the 1 hour trial in relax mode.
music: 5/5
graphics: 5/5
voices: 4/5
in game help: 1/5 (can't turn off the help of the genie)
technical problems: none

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Apr 2, 10 7:56 AM
I did the Beta Test on this one..I LOVED IT!

I like the "MIX" of different kinds of games "IN-ONE"

Happy Gaming
PEN

PS: Did have to turn the music off

jewbaby
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by jewbaby on Apr 2, 10 8:03 AM
GMAB this game has to be some kind of April the second joke !! I don't remember how many years ago I played this little cutey. Eldorado Quest, Tibet Quest,,, ddduuuuuhhhhh Come on BF this is BOTTOM FEEDING

[Post New]by birdlady101 on Apr 2, 10 8:25 AM
I agree with most of the comments...think this game would be wonderful for younger folks (think my grandaughter would love it)....for me it just wasn't challenging enough....

Lou

GrandWeeze
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by GrandWeeze on Apr 2, 10 9:04 AM
I beta tested this game a couple weeks ago and was thrilled it came out so soon. Yes, it is Tibet Quest in a different setting, but since I love that game, I love this, too. The voices are the only downside - pretty cheesy - but that does add to the humor. Thanks BFG!

Go to: