bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Christmas Wonderland 7

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 19, 16 12:29 AM
Christmas Wonderland 7 is crammed full of fabulous presents and hidden surprises with lots of gorgeous graphics and puzzles for all the family to enjoy. Find Golden Trees and get game rewards and achievements along the way.
Visit Santa’s Candyland Grotto with dad, see baby reindeer, nativity displays and superb Christmas scenes. Decorate the house, visit Springfield’s Winter Fair, Fire Station and Victorian Hotel. It’s Christmas Eve and Santa’s on his way!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Christmas Wonderland 7

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 19, 16 10:38 AM
Hmmm... some of the music is taken from number 5 and from number 6, as are characters. There was even someone singing at some point. Quite a shock, didn't like it at all. I prefer only the music from number 6.

What I like:

- The Skip button only takes one minute now before it can be used in Casual mode.
- Although the system cursor is an animated blue circle instead of the system cursor, it now changes over hot spots.
- The puzzle pieces in the puzzles so far are larger than they used to be in the previous games. At least now I can see where they should go.

What I don't like:

- Some of the music.
- Many of the scenes. I am sure I have seen that barn before in either the Halloween game or one of the older Christmas Wonderland games. I also find many of the scenes overly cluttered.
- The sliding puzzle (the first one). Never was able or had the patience to do them.
- Repetitive type of puzzles.

I have not finished the game, am still a long way from the end, and I may get to like it better once I have played it once or twice. But on the whole, I don't like most of the scenes in this game as much as I like them in number 6, and am not as enthusiastic about playing this game as I would like to be. So for now number 6 is still my favourite when it comes to music and the scenes.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Dec 20, 16 8:38 AM
I'm with Valdy on the puzzles, they get rather boring very quickly. Was also surprised how short the game is.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 21, 16 6:42 AM
I have now finished the game, and will most likely never play it again.

The game wasn't any shorter than the last one (there was only one scene less in this game), but many of the scenes were just horrible in that they were overly cluttered with things. The kids' livingroom alone looked like a nightmare. I got claustrophobic just looking at the place. Same with the inside of the hotel. Far too many things cramped into the scenes.
And as far as most of the other scenes go: really didn't like them. This game is not half as Christmassy-looking as the last one, it just looked wintry.

As I said before, I loved the fact that the skip and hint buttons are available much faster now, and I was happy to see that the puzzle pieces had larger images, so I was able to see the details. But that was it, unfortunately.

Of course, this is just how I feel about this game. A lot of gamers will like it simply because it's another addition to the series. However, I am a little more picky.

vescova
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by vescova on Dec 22, 16 12:06 PM
pieces are to small to find bought never again,what a terrible thing to do with what could be a great game,how its got to 7 i will never know

Go to: