Swapping

whizzie1
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

Swapping

[Post New]by whizzie1 on Dec 19, 16 4:18 AM
Why is the concept of swapping so difficult to understand? I post it on my avatar that I will swap like for like Christmas items, but it still doesn't work. I'm baffled. Send me a yellow Christmas card, and I'll send you one back, that way neither of us loses a card.

Re:Swapping

[Post New]by gitsNshiggles on Dec 19, 16 5:01 AM
Though neither would lose the card, how would you gain any?

Milan_Indiana
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by Milan_Indiana on Dec 19, 16 5:12 AM
Swapping as you suggest is great if you are trying to get the stamp achievements or for some of the castle challenges.

I think during the Xmas event it is better to exchange an item for an item. As you complete the daily quests and deplete certain items, put them on your list. And hopefully your trading partners do the same, hence exchange what each needs to keep moving forward.

All people use the trading system differently.

Milan

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Dec 19, 16 8:45 AM
gitsNshiggles wrote:Though neither would lose the card, how would you gain any?

Players that "swap" cards, or stamps or snowflakes, usually have all of their pets and don't need to gain the cards. There are achievements though for just collecting xxx numbers of these items, so every time you receive one you get credit for collecting.

BTW, love the name...I get it...and got the giggles just saying it to myself LOL

whizzie1
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by whizzie1 on Dec 19, 16 9:14 AM
My error, my explanation about the card was a bad example as you are quite correct that you wouldn't gain any.

Have Christmas cards on my brain, but I had been trying to swap stamps and failed at the swapping, so I'm giving up! Thanks for the correction.

Edited on 12/19/2016 at 9:15:43 AM PST

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Dec 19, 16 9:20 AM
Regarding the stamp swapping ---- in the past, I have put SWAP Uniq Stmp beside my game name......Plus, I ONLY put the unique stamp in my wish list. (I did have 3 other items, but no other stamps)

I have then sent a Unique Stamp to someone who also had the unique stamp listed AND had swap beside their name --- only to receive something totally different in return.

As a result, I made it a practice to not SEND a unique stamp with the intent of swapping. However, if I RECEIVED a unique stamp, I returned one (if the sender had that item in their wish list).

Ultimately, I got all my unique stamps and then just gave up with trying to help others because they just didn't seem to "get it."

That said......I was curious on my PC game to see how long it would take to get all the stamps without any swapping......I have completed all the stamp achievements except the unique stamp......I am only at about 1300 of the 2000 needed.......that one is going quite slowly with no swapping.

Edited on 12/19/2016 at 9:21:01 AM PST

whizzie1
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by whizzie1 on Dec 19, 16 9:36 AM
Thanks AE Gram, I don't feel so bad now with my stamp issue. Again, sorry for the poor description using a Christmas card. I said one thing and was thinking another. Too much on my old mind these days!!

Merry Christmas everyone!

Edited on 12/19/2016 at 9:40:33 AM PST

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Dec 19, 16 9:43 AM
I put : SAME stmp swp.... which worked MOST of the time for me.... there were a couple who didn't seem to "get" it... even with the word "same" in all caps... but, MOST of the time, it worked....

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Dec 19, 16 10:05 AM
GulfCoastGuppy wrote:
gitsNshiggles wrote:Though neither would lose the card, how would you gain any?

Players that "swap" cards, or stamps or snowflakes, usually have all of their pets and don't need to gain the cards. There are achievements though for just collecting xxx numbers of these items, so every time you receive one you get credit for collecting.

BTW, love the name...I get it...and got the giggles just saying it to myself LOL

Another "guest" for a room in our funny farm.
We all find the simplest of things hilarious and can do serious damage to ourselves when someone posts really serious matters
You will find a nice new white gown hanging on the back of your door and a very kind nurse to help you on with it.
So continue to enjoy our little part of paradise.

taylormade66
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by taylormade66 on Dec 19, 16 10:40 AM
Gits, your name is soooo funny. I laughed so hard, I almost poo--ed . Oh, gotta go!

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Dec 19, 16 11:36 AM
Gits............GREAT NAME!!

whizzie1
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by whizzie1 on Dec 28, 16 4:52 AM
I've players now that have posted on their avatar that they want to swap fir cones. I guess I don't understand. You don't gain anything, so what's the point?

Happy New Year everyone!

Edited on 12/28/2016 at 4:54:03 AM PST

tennco
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,001 Posts

[Post New]by tennco on Dec 28, 16 5:02 AM
If you gift 10 players each a fir cone, then those same 10 gift you back, you will have your 10 for the challenge and will not lose or gain cones in your inventory. Then you are done. If those ten don't gift or swap you back, they will gain in their inventory and you will lose yours.
Even swaps should not change your inventory. You never know who will swap back, so if they don't swap back put them on your naughty list and going forward don't do swaps with them.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Dec 28, 16 8:02 AM
I'm sending out fircones as fast as I can, but my game is locking up every time I try to open my mail, so I can't check to see who has sent me cones. I'm not sure if I'm "swapping" or just "gifting". I'm just trying to get to everyone who has "swap" in their name (& fircones on their list!), & I really hope I don't miss anyone.

BTW, Is anyone else having serious connection problems the last few days? I tried on & off for over 3 hours to open the game on Monday. More often than not, when I try to get in, it just sits on the title page (with no snow) & never loads. When I do get in, I'll get "no connection" in the middle of a HOS or while sending gifts. Plus the mail not opening. Makes it hard to do 105 HOS to get the ornaments to trade for 15 wands……

Dinah6
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by Dinah6 on Dec 28, 16 8:21 AM
Desertdruid wrote:
BTW, Is anyone else having serious connection problems the last few days? I tried on & off for over 3 hours to open the game on Monday. More often than not, when I try to get in, it just sits on the title page (with no snow) & never loads. When I do get in, I'll get "no connection" in the middle of a HOS or while sending gifts. Plus the mail not opening. Makes it hard to do 105 HOS to get the ornaments to trade for 15 wands……

YES! Same here! It has been so frustrating.

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Dec 28, 16 8:35 AM
No problems here with connecting. I hope it your connections get reliable quickly!

Swapping--If I have the item, I put it out there and hope the person sends one back. I keep a list. If someone sends me one, I make sure those people get the next ones I get back.

A couple of reminders re: swaps, though. One--people can only send 5 gifts at a time; 15/day. Sometimes you won't get your swapped item back until the next day because the person you sent it to ran out of gifting slots.

Two--if you're gifting prior to the challenge, sometimes you run out and have to wait until the GMT time switch so you can collect the ones you've been gifted, then return them.

I put swap because I'd rather swap, but if I don't get it back, I don't. There are way more important things to get in a tizzy about, so I don't let this stuff bother me.

All of that said, notice to my friends: I'm in category 1 above. I can't send more gifts until after the GMT switch. So, I'll catch up this evening and tomorrow.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

ellenkcl
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by ellenkcl on Dec 28, 16 9:16 AM
Someone asked why put swap item up on list before the event day. I did so and I will not open my mail until after new day starts for me. That way whoever gave me an item yesterday I will still get credit for after new day start for me and I open mail and get items that have been sent for 2 days. Hopefully gives people more time to send needed items. I only have one item on wish list for this CE.

Hope this makes sense to you'all.....

mommduck
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by mommduck on Dec 28, 16 11:05 AM
gohill wrote:I put : SAME stmp swp.... which worked MOST of the time for me.... there were a couple who didn't seem to "get" it... even with the word "same" in all caps... but, MOST of the time, it worked....

Yes, strange but true. I have a 'friend' who put up a request to swap Unique stamps. I am trying to finish the achievement. After sending her 3 stamps on 3 consecutive days and receiving nothing back, I do feel a little 'peeved'.

I think after the xmas is over, I will be trimming my friends list to 'true' friends.

Angelfish
Angelfish
1,060 Posts

[Post New]by 1457051 on Dec 28, 16 1:41 PM
I have people on my list that have swap (whatever) and then don't have the item on their wish list. I try to swap even, but how do you if they don't have it on their list?

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Dec 28, 16 1:44 PM
1457051 wrote:I have people on my list that have swap (whatever) and then don't have the item on their wish list. I try to swap even, but how do you if they don't have it on their list?

sigh......sometimes I think players see "swap such and such" and think that it is a good idea, so they put that after their name......when they really don't have a clue as to what it involves or how to do it.

also, I have put swap such and such after my name......received a gift from someone that was NOT the requested swap item, yet the only thing they have on their list is the item to swap........I don't think so..

Go to: