ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

skell169
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by skell169 on Dec 19, 16 5:15 PM
I am sorry but I have had enough of clicking on a morphing snowflake only to find its a Globe Finding Bubble there is no need to do this we need to find 30 anyway and in my humble opinion it is a bit on the low down and dirty side to hide them!!!!!!!!
Please bring them in from top bottom left or right but PLEASE do not hide them behind morphing snowflakes when todays challenge is too find 100 Morphing Snowflakes. Love playing the game but this needed to be aired Rona.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

Re:ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Dec 20, 16 12:22 AM
I have done this so many times I've lost count! It really is true - they are completely invisible when they first arrive, so there is absolutely no way to avoid accidentally trapping it. And yes, it is very frustrating. Those wands are so bloody hard to get, I really hate wasting them when I don't have a snow globe quest open.

Astra02
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Astra02 on Dec 20, 16 12:30 AM
All,

I've even done it when I was clicking on an HOS to open it. The Globe bubble spawned in on top of the HOS right at the moment I clicked on it!

Astra

Edited on 12/20/2016 at 12:31:09 AM PST

Jenifer_Rule
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,038 Posts

[Post New]by Jenifer_Rule on Dec 20, 16 12:34 AM

The globes also have a significantly larger mass than they would appear.

I have waited for a globe to pass in order to catch a snowflake and catch the globe instead, despite the fact the globe is twice the distance away as it's own size. I think that makes sense. It does in my head. Or that's what all the voices insist.

So consider the globe to have a large invisible box around it. That box is comprised of nine globes. Kinda like a sudoku.

Remember that and if there's one in the vicinity - just let the snowflake fade, or duck out and back in to the room and the globe will be gone but the snowflake still there.

Cheers,

Jenifer

Llamamama15
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by Llamamama15 on Dec 20, 16 12:37 AM
I'm glad it's not just me. I couldn't understand why I kept hitting globes when I didn't even see one. They are slow enough to appear when you do want them for a DQ.

mommduck
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by mommduck on Dec 20, 16 12:47 AM
Llamamama15 wrote:I'm glad it's not just me. I couldn't understand why I kept hitting globes when I didn't even see one. They are slow enough to appear when you do want them for a DQ.

I have caught two when I have not even been touching the screen!!!

I'm fed up by how the game is so slow, everything is in slow motion as if it is in a dream, so I am not even bothering to participate in the challenge as no way will I get enough wands to catch the appropriate globes. I am just popping in and out of the game 3 times a day to gift my friends and leave some xmas boxes.

As beautiful as the opening scene at the castle gate is, I am disappointed with xmas this year..just my opinion.

Just an addition: I was 120 short of gift boxes before the xmas event and they had just stopped dropping so I started counting how many HOS I did before one dropped. it took 758 HOS before I got 1 box!!! and after that, even though I was doing over a 100 a day the average was 150 scenes before each box.. banging my head grrr.

Edited on 12/20/2016 at 12:50:48 AM PST

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Dec 20, 16 1:14 AM
I am sorry to read that some of you are dissatisfied with the present aspect of the game.
However, this is not my opinion, and I think it is an excellent time to reflect on the machinations of the cunning Developers.
They never said that it would be easy. In fact I would have been disappointed if it was.
When I occasionally zap a globe instead of a snowflake, I just chuckle and remember that the game "owes me" one wand that will eventually drop when doing the HOS
You do need to plan though. It is very difficult to achieve anything if you "mix and match" the various aspects of the game.
Those of us who analyze the game as we play it all find that there is consistency in the drop rates and this has been discussed on other threads.
Have patience in this wonderful marathon when doing the Castle rounds. It will only get even better in the future.
So once more I thank the Developers for doing such a professional job in all aspects of the game

dandydog
Clownfish
Clownfish
803 Posts

[Post New]by dandydog on Dec 20, 16 4:20 AM
Fletcher here, I find that often a Lavender "Energy Ball" will be included in the falling Goodies so don't mind it so much if I accidentally nab a Globe by mistake. Here's a wee Tip on how to prevent It that works pretty well for this "Oldie but Goodie" Castle Mossback that you all might try. When I first enter a HOS scene, I look quickly around for those Bouncing Morphing Snowflakes and nab as many as I can on the first pass. Then I wait until the Globe passes by to catch any sneaky Snowflake that has eluded Me on the first pass. Just a tiny suggestion form an Old Timer, now its back down to My "Home Sweet Home" Under The Moat Dwelling a Toddling I will go. And Good Success to All!

Edited on 12/20/2016 at 4:24:21 AM PST

Jenifer_Rule
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,038 Posts

[Post New]by Jenifer_Rule on Dec 20, 16 5:03 AM

Fletcher,

I've always wanted a moat.

Just something to keep the Black Knight at bay,

Plus I really want a pool.

Cheers,

Jenifer

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Dec 20, 16 5:53 AM
I am about half way through of getting my achievement - need 200 more, thanks to my friends who are gifting me the snowflakes

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Dec 20, 16 6:42 AM
Jenifer_Rule wrote:
Fletcher,

I've always wanted a moat.

Just something to keep the Black Knight at bay,

Plus I really want a pool.

Cheers,

Jenifer

A moat! You want a moat?
Moats are nasty smelly things that fill with leaves every autumn and have to be cleaned out.
I have enough trouble sweeping the dust that those inconsiderate guards kepp pounding into my paths.
If we get a moat i will NEVER leave my room again.
A moat! ..........

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Dec 20, 16 6:47 AM
We kinda do have a moat.... that's where the skaters are at the moment.... It's where I put the Kraken during the Fall so he could say "hello" to the mailman...

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Dec 20, 16 7:10 AM
I also caught some globes by mistake and am being careful now. They are bigger somehow and move quicker than the ghosts!

Same as others, I first look for the snowflakes. If I don't have the three immediately, I move to another area (yes, I also got a globe just when moving to the next area!) and then come back, either to catch the remaining snowflake or to open the HOs. And if I am lazy or suspicious that I waited for too long already, I quietly watch the Globe Show and go ahead after it has bowed out! Enjoy the sight, they are lovely!

Don't stay for too long in an area unless you are looking for a globe or it will find you when you don't want it!

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Dec 20, 16 8:06 AM
I have accidentally snagged globes in ALL the ways you have all described.
As a result, I have become downright paranoid about staying too long, waiting for that 3rd snowflake.
Now I only give it a few seconds - 3, 5 at the most - then exit to another room before (I hope!) that globe shows up. Grab snowflakes there, 3 - 5 seconds, & whoosh! I'm gone again!
I'm jumping around the rooms like a flea on a hot plate, trying to avoid wasting my precious few wands. I have yet to accumulate even 10. They get sucked up faster than I can find them.

[Post New]by welshrarebit56 on Dec 20, 16 8:26 AM
dandydog wrote:Fletcher here, I find that often a Lavender "Energy Ball" will be included in the falling Goodies so don't mind it so much if I accidentally nab a Globe by mistake. Here's a wee Tip on how to prevent It that works pretty well for this "Oldie but Goodie" Castle Mossback that you all might try. When I first enter a HOS scene, I look quickly around for those Bouncing Morphing Snowflakes and nab as many as I can on the first pass. Then I wait until the Globe passes by to catch any sneaky Snowflake that has eluded Me on the first pass. Just a tiny suggestion form an Old Timer, now its back down to My "Home Sweet Home" Under The Moat Dwelling a Toddling I will go. And Good Success to All!

Cheers Fletcher,
That's exactly what I do, saves me now, doing an essay of advice

Welsh Shelley

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Dec 20, 16 8:28 AM
Well, at least we know the issue isn't visiting just one person when others are having a much easier time.......and my games are playing along in the same manner.....have unintentionally snagged a globe when trying for snowflakes as well as trying to enter an HOS.....no fun, but it is what it is and I just try to be more careful next time......

Go along nicely for awhile........then zap........sigh .... best laid plans of mice and men.

dandydog
Clownfish
Clownfish
803 Posts

[Post New]by dandydog on Dec 20, 16 9:33 AM
Fletcher here, I did not know of any other MC "Moats" but if there was any other Castle Moat, Hummmmmm-- I'll have ta look into that for any Future expansion cause when all of My 65 Critters (give or take a few}, get to gather, it can be a wee bit noisy and not to say Crowded here! No Good Vibes and Harmony abounds when this happens I can tell you Dear Friends! My Moat is always Warm and Cozy with comfortable seating for everyone around the rooms and fireplace. And the Welcome Sign is always out. The Critter's tend to behave around our DeaR cASTLE Friends and promise not to even nibble on anyone's Toes, well, except for maybe PTG's because Hers are especially sweet and tasty to the Gator who can't get enough for some unknown reason......

Edited on 12/20/2016 at 9:35:21 AM PST

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Dec 20, 16 10:22 AM
One way to get more wands besides spending diamonds--once you've hatched all of the pets, stop doing the daily quests. Then you can use your ornaments, wreaths, etc. to trade with the kids for wands. Instead of waiting for a daily quest, just catch globes and do HOS.

Have fun stormin' the castle!

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Dec 20, 16 11:49 AM
It will be a while before I can do that, Mamarose - I'm still 15 & 18 cards away from getting my last 2 pets. Thanks anyway.

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Dec 20, 16 12:21 PM
I don't have any of the four new ones (relying on the snowflakes to get the cards) but that's ok, there is still time!

Go to: