BooAbby
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

mouse and matchstick game

[Post New]by BooAbby on Dec 20, 16 8:47 AM
How can you win this when you can only put down 1 stick and the mouse can put down as many as it wants? What am I missing?

Re:mouse and matchstick game

[Post New]by kristinm1422 on Dec 22, 16 6:31 PM
have you figured it out yet? I couldn't find anything else on here with any clues. It seems impossible!

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

mouse and matchstick game

[Post New]by Bartsister on Dec 24, 16 10:41 AM
BooAbby wrote:How can you win this when you can only put down 1 stick and the mouse can put down as many as it wants? What am I missing?

Hi guys!

You get to make multiple moves only when you complete a box and get to put your X in it. Otherwise you only get one move.

When I played, I lost the first game and then the second time I beat that little mouse badly. My strategy was to only make safe moves and let the mouse make the first mistake. After that, he just fell into my trap.

Safe moves are ones that won't create 3-sided squares for him to complete. Notice that the edge rows and columns are easy to square off - so don't click on those lines first. I made vertical lines in the second through next to last columns. Different columns and different rows watching each move the mouse made to look for a chance to square anything off or make sure I wasn't giving him a square. Eventually he will make a mistake and let you make a square and then you will get multiple moves.

If I'm not making sense, play a game with him and just watch where he puts the sticks. Those are the best places to start, then next time, keep doing what he's doing because you get to go first and he will make a mistake for you as long as you don't.

Hope this helps a little. Happy Holidays!

Go to: