Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Hidden Expedition: The Lost Paradise Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 22, 16 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 12/22/2016 at 5:17:07 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Hidden Expedition: The Lost Paradise Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 22, 16 5:17 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Hidden Expedition: The Lost Paradise Collector's Edition

[Post New]by jcsgame on Dec 23, 16 5:08 PM
Has anyone had the problem of exiting the game at the start of Cha. 4 and NOT HAVING THE GAME SAVE?????

The game DID NOT SAVE for me.....my Profile name is gone and I must now start over.

I am using a desktop PC running WIN 10.

This is the 2nd game today that had caused me MAJOR problems.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/25/16
I don't what happened, but today, when I went into the game and entered the same profile name (that I had used, when I logged out 2 days ago), as "new", I was able to continue the game from where I left off. That is the strangest thing I have ever run into.

So I guess, if your Profile name disappears, just create the "same" Profile name again, and you should be able to continue the game from where you left off.

12/26/16
Edited to add that "If" you decide to use the "same" Profile and start the game from where you left off you "will not" be able to pickup any lizards....for some reason they are gone.

The ONLY way to see and pickup lizards is to start the game over with a NEW Profile.

Edited on 12/26/2016 at 7:01:49 PM PST

pamra
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Hidden Expedition: The Lost Paradise Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by pamra on Dec 24, 16 10:11 AM
Downloaded the update. It fixed the phone book issue, but now the collectible lizards are missing!

teaset3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by teaset3 on Dec 24, 16 12:53 PM
Several people have posted, including me, that they can't find the flippers. When you select the "hint" option, it tells you to move on. Cannot finish this hop without the flipper.

poggyapoo
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Hidden Expedition: The Lost Paradise Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by poggyapoo on Dec 25, 16 2:39 PM
teaset3 wrote:Several people have posted, including me, that they can't find the flippers. When you select the "hint" option, it tells you to move on. Cannot finish this hop without the flipper.

I have exactly the same problem!

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Hidden Expedition: The Lost Paradise Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by jcsgame on Dec 25, 16 7:50 PM
I agree with pamra.....once I down loaded the game update, the lizards are gone.

Big Fish...............what happened to the Lizards???????????? They are missing from Chapter 4 till the end of the game.

===================
Today 12/26/16 I decided to replay this game...must be a glutton for punishment.
Edited to add that when I replayed the game with a different Profile, all of the Lizards were available for plucking.

I have no idea why my other profile couldn't find the lizards. There are some strange things going on with this game.

Edited on 12/26/2016 at 6:47:40 PM PST

[Post New]by Kay_Erin on Dec 26, 16 2:59 PM
Today I finished up the first part of the game (before the bonus chapter) and then every thing went crazy. Right after the credits (which I watched all of wanting to get that award) it asked me for a profile, then uploaded me half way through the origianal game. Somehow I got out, then the same thing and it loaded me into the bonus game. Played that, but when I got out it AGAIN asked me for a profile (did not list the one under which I played) and I loaded me up several times into different parts of the original game and the bonus game. I've never seen anything like this. It is as if the game imploded. Finally I restarted my computer and it would only switch me between the end of the main game or the beginning of the bonus game and then flipped me to the end of the bonus game, but would not allow me to access the extras. Honestly, Epic has had an especially bad month with the only viable interesting game they had breaking down like this. It almost seems like sabotage. I've been playing BF games for over 7 years and have NEVER run into something like this. I'll do the usual and send in the Felix report, but honestly this is the pits!

[Post New]by alnitanita on Dec 26, 16 9:46 PM
Downloaded the try version. Only made it to the house chapter 1. Platinum bud and golden bud would not slide down so that I could retrieve the mosaic plate. End of play for me. Loving it...but scary to know progress could be for naught. Windows 10 brand new.

ccraig41
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Hidden Expedition: The Lost Paradise Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by ccraig41 on Dec 27, 16 7:50 AM
I'm in the bonus chapter and the codex, in a HOP, doesn't work. All of the pieces in the codex are identical and will not change. Can not progress with the game without completing the codex. Very frustrated.
And now when I try to update the game it doesn't show up as an option, even when I try to do so manually....grrrr.

Edited on 12/27/2016 at 8:01:10 AM PST

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Dec 27, 16 9:39 AM
Looks like I'm the only one with this problem: It's the map. It shows me where I have something to do now, but when I look all over, and click, click, click, there's nothing. Finally, I resort to hitting "hint," and it sends me to a different room where the map does NOT show that I have something to do now, although I do. It won't stop me from playing, obviously, but it certainly is annoying. I'm very fond of those maps that give my old brain a little help and it's frustrating when one does not.

Not saving the profiles

[Post New]by Geollyn on Dec 28, 16 7:42 PM
I too am having problems with playing the game. After several hours play, I exit and return only to find it wants me to start all over again. My saved game is gone. I have the updated version and this still is a problem. What good is a game I cannot finish because I have to keep starting from the beginning??

Additionally, as others noted, following the guide book the lizards are just not there. Only reason I buy a collectors game is for the extra collectables.

Edited on 12/28/2016 at 11:23:25 PM PST

[Post New]by luvsebring on Dec 29, 16 11:51 PM
I made it all the way through the game and bonus chapter without difficulty, but when I went to redo the HOPs, the 7 one (starts out with a wet scene) won't load. It just produces multiple arrows for my pointer key as I move it across the board.
I am using a laptop PC using Windows 7. It's not that big of deal since I don't really need the award of all gold medals, but I wanted to bring it to your edition. Should I reinstall the new version? I don't want to lose anything.

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Dec 30, 16 1:28 AM
I can't get to the flipper either. Is anything going to be done about it as I'm stymied.
As I can't finish the game I feel I would like a refund. Why should we keep starting with a different profile? Paying a lot for these games its not good enough.

Linda

bgnam8r
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by bgnam8r on Jan 2, 17 9:57 AM
This is the second game in a row that has had tech issues for me. After using the dynamite, in the amphitheatre, I was able to use the first amulet slider but once the sun amulet slider was place I could not move it. I have been a big fish member for years & have purchased possibly 100 or more games. Sometimes I think the developers are trying to get them out too fast.

I am on an updated, Windows 10 gaming computer with a high end NVidia gaming video card.

I hate to start a game over when I am so close to the end, same thing happened with the last game I bought.

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Jan 11, 17 3:01 AM
Hi

Just to say, I went to Customer Services and told them which games were not working. I also sent a Dr Felix Report and 2 days later I received codes for 2 free games.

Big Fish after service is very very good,this is why I use them. But you have got to keep them informed.

Hope this helps

Linda

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Jan 14, 17 7:42 PM
I got all the way through to what is probably the last HOG - on the huge golden statue. I completed the HOG to the point where I had 3 empty boxes that should have had arrow like things in them.
I am completely stuck and cannot complete the game.

When I read the guide I found I did things out of sequence and did not get the first golden wing before playing the HOP.

Seems like at least 20% of the games I play have an issue. Developers are not testing as well as they used to.

I will report it.

[Post New]by lintheexactor on Jan 17, 17 11:14 AM
I am uninstalling this messed up game.....there is nothing behind the blue rope....refund!!!

sweatpea_25
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by sweatpea_25 on Jan 18, 17 7:06 PM
I finished the game today. I was about to enter the Souvenir room and it said my profile had been corrupted and i lost everything. So i had to start over. This is very frustrating. I had all the achievements except the souvenir room and now i have to play all over again. This game needs another update and fast!!!!

pnk96722
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by pnk96722 on Jan 20, 17 2:05 PM
What has become of all the other pages of tech complaints? Whoa! What is going on with BFG?

Go to: