Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Hidden Expedition: The Lost Paradise Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 22, 16 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 12/22/2016 at 5:16:01 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Hidden Expedition: The Lost Paradise Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Dec 22, 16 4:24 AM
What a surprise; Eipix have actually come up with a game that isn't a cookie-cutter version of all their others! I thoroughly enjoyed this demo; the opening sequence is really quite spectacular for a game of this genre and what follows doesn't disappoint.

Graphics as always are excellent; colours are just right for the locations and set the scenes perfectly. The HOS aren't the standard Eipix fare but are mostly nothing special although there are one or two exceptions. The puzzles are really good and some are not easy to understand, never mind solve; SG to the rescue for part of one particular puzzle until I was able to work out the rest for myself. I do love a tricky puzzle!

The story was interesting and kept my attention for the entire demo; the characters were mostly quite likable, although Mr Drake spent the entire demo being over-excited and standing around doing nothing to help. Typical. Of course there's a villain but you don't realise that until the end of the demo.

The SG only showed a couple of chapters so no clues as to how long this game might be. There are lizards to find, some of which are quite small but mostly you can spot them with a bit of effort. The map transports and the 4 modes of play includes custom.

I remember the very first Hidden Expedition game; Everest. I played that so many times and never got tired of it. It was made by BFG back then, who really knew how to make great games. Since Eipix took over the series I've not liked the games so much and have only bought one or two of them. However this one is a definite buy for me; I like the story, the puzzles and the feel of the game; it's like being taken on a great adventure and I can't wait to find out how it ends!

I had no technical issues with the demo, which lasted 74 minutes for me. Desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

ETA: Clearly I'm in the minority for liking this game! However I feel it necessary to point out that I haven't bought an Eipix game for so long (apart from MCF) that I might have forgotten all the previous ones that looked and played the same

Edited on 12/23/2016 at 9:03:25 AM PST

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Hidden Expedition: The Lost Paradise Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by rainworm on Dec 22, 16 4:29 AM
....no cookie-cutter game? Ok, take your word and try the demo....!

This is of course not a review but angelfish was able to wake my appetite to try the Lost Paradise. As we are short before Christmas and the weather isn't sunny at all, a trip into the sun and a mysterious island could do good.

Hidden Expedition is a series with (for me) variying games, some very interesting, some less.

Edited on 12/22/2016 at 4:32:50 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 22, 16 5:16 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Hidden Expedition: The Lost Paradise Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Hidden Expedition: The Lost Paradise Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Dec 22, 16 5:25 AM
Hmmm...when I did the Beta, I wasn't impressed. I thought it had a silly story line about a lost underwater civilization and I only played a few minutes of it because I thought it was boring, although there was a nifty toucan. Now, after reading a review above, I guess I need to revisit the game and see if there was something I missed.

photog62
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Superb Game, But Very Short!

[Post New]by photog62 on Dec 22, 16 9:01 AM
Great graphics, interesting story line (love anything Mayan), but was disappointed in the length. Very glad to have had a discount code, as I finished this game in under 2 hours.

Foxy57
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by Foxy57 on Dec 22, 16 11:41 AM
Sorry too mechanical a game for my taste. It`s true I never was am fan to this serie and will remain out of it. Have fun for those who like it..

Edited on 12/22/2016 at 11:52:43 AM PST

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Dec 22, 16 2:36 PM
I'm with you Foxy57....did not enjoy it at all unfortunately ....but to those of you who love it, have fun!

LunaNik
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by LunaNik on Dec 22, 16 6:53 PM
I didn't find this too different from every other Eipix game released in the past few years, with one exception...some of the puzzles actually provided a challenge. Other than that, The Lost Paradise appeared to be the same thinly developed, slowly moving storyline with "unhidden object" scenes that can be completed in less than a minute, and endless conversation and cutscenes to click through.

Also, I found Philip Drake infinitely irritating. He's a millionaire who can't manage to do a single thing for himself—like match up symbols—but repeatedly ordered me around with an annoying whine. "Get our stuff from the backpack." "Go get stuff from my briefcase." However did he manage his 40 years on Earth without me? Sheesh.

As always, the production values are high, but this isn't an animated movie...it's a game. I'll take substance over style any day of the week.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Dec 23, 16 12:00 AM
Sorry but I found absolutely nothing redeeming about this game. Fuzzy cartoonish graphics, no real lip-synch (it's like it was an after-thought), the puzzles that presented as challenging were a re-visit from earlier/other games. And the storyline was just nothing, which is usually something that will pull me along regardless. And the person you're helping is just a jerk, lol. I didn't even finish the demo, which I always do - normally I gut it out but this offering was just terrible.

Always try for yourself - Happy Holidays!!

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Jan 8, 17 6:30 PM
Based on completed game and bonus

I liked this edition of Hidden Expedition. I felt like we actually went on one this time around. For this series, I like to go places more than have a serious story so this is exactly what I wanted in a HE series game. I thought the scenes were beautiful as you traveled around. And we even get a trip in a yellow submarine.

This game had some serious challenge to it in places, but was not massively difficult on the whole. And there is a maze, which always makes me happy. A maze without a map even. Thank you Eipix!

Length on the main game was pretty standard. Although I enjoyed the story in the bonus game I thought it was a bit short for a bonus chapter.

sea_maid
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by sea_maid on Jan 31, 17 9:15 PM
The game seems to get a mixed reaction, but I for one really enjoyed playing it.

Haven't played the latest installments of the Hidden Expedition series, but this one had more of an adventure/vacation aspect than a regular hidden object game. The story was interesting, and the pacing kept it from being a bore as it so often happens when games get dragged out too long. The graphics were bright and the music good. The bonus chapter was interesting in showing a bit of the civilization and the days before its downfall.

Extras are the usual, but it was an interesting touch that the developers decided to include as part of the music the songs that are played in a jukebox at one point in the game. They're very light and fun, as opposed to the rest of the soundtrack.

I liked it, however, I think it's better to try it on your own, as you may either love it or hate it.

kiddopal
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by kiddopal on Feb 1, 17 5:42 AM
I always like the Hidden Expedition games. This one in particular provided some good challenging puzzles, e.g. the door to the archives in chapter 4. For those who felt the game was short, I assume they skipped the puzzles. The scenes were very colorful. Lip sync does not bother me. I know I'm not watching movie and there are only so many story lines after playing hundreds of games. So if you like interesting puzzles and interesting historical facts, you will probably like this game.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Feb 9, 17 6:02 PM
Having completed this newest Hidden Expedition, other than the stunning visuals (color-wise) and storyline that is not full of dark & musty crypts, I guess it was ok.
I got it mainly for the different atmosphere and hoped for a story and there was one that the Bonus Chapter filled in what happened.
I am a hidden object fan and this one had a few too many Mini-games for my likes (but that's just me).
When the next one comes out I will undoubtedly purchase it as I like a lot of the dev's bells & whistles like being able to go back and get the missed collectibles and being able to see if I found the collectible without leaving the scene.
All in all I am giving this one a out of 5 on my personal enjoy-ability scale....just not enough hidden object scenes and too many time consuming mini-games.

Played on desktop PC with no problems.

Go to: