Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Hotel: The Thirteenth Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 24, 16 12:36 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 12/24/2016 at 8:06:13 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Hotel: The Thirteenth Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by estherbarten on Dec 24, 16 6:28 AM
The game keeps crashing when i'm in front of the house regaining powers (at the very beginning of the game). i've tried restarting the game but it keeps crashing. I also deleted it from my computer en downloaded it again, but to no avail.
Its the Mac version (free trial).

Edited on 12/24/2016 at 6:46:30 AM PST

glb613
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Hotel: The Thirteenth Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by glb613 on Dec 24, 16 6:32 AM
The games crashed at the same place in the game. I also am using the Mac version.

edit: I skipped the energy puzzle and the games plays fine. Unlike some, I'm not going to stop buying Elephant Games due to one problem. But, I'll wait for an update before I buy.

Edited on 12/26/2016 at 4:41:12 AM PST

[Post New]by Phoenix1123 on Dec 24, 16 7:29 AM
Same problem. Running MacOS 10.12.2. Blows up when clicking the 'green' light which floats on the screen.

FionaPa
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by FionaPa on Dec 24, 16 7:51 AM
Same for me. Crash a few minutes in when recharcing powers with the green ord. MacBook Air 2014 OSX 10.9.5

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Dec 24, 16 8:05 AM
Hello everyone!

I'm sorry to hear that people are experiencing crashes in the game. When there are problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Big Fish Games Help Pages. Using our Big Fish Games Help Pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help Pages. please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help Pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by janetw858 on Dec 24, 16 9:29 AM
I had the same problem, I kept trying and was able to continue. You don't need to click on the green lights, just mouse over them. Hope that helps.

FionaPa
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by FionaPa on Dec 25, 16 2:20 AM
janetw858 wrote:I had the same problem, I kept trying and was able to continue. You don't need to click on the green lights, just mouse over them. Hope that helps.

Thanks janetw858. This solved the problem for me.

[Post New]by estherbarten on Dec 25, 16 4:08 AM
janetw858 wrote:I had the same problem, I kept trying and was able to continue. You don't need to click on the green lights, just mouse over them. Hope that helps.

tried it but it doesn't work for me. keeps crashing at the same place.
help pages also didnt give me an solution that worked.
Contacting the support team now

WaltzingFish
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by WaltzingFish on Dec 25, 16 7:53 AM
Another crash victim here: Mac Yosemite.
I skipped the mini-game and could go on. But I won't buy a game that doesn't work properly.

[Post New]by TexasE on Dec 25, 16 9:01 AM
Same on the crash issue at the beginning of the game about halfway through collecting the power. Skipping the mini game let me continue but this needs to be fixed. Running a MacBook Pro on El Capitan 10.11.6

ruthkr
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Game crashes

[Post New]by ruthkr on Dec 25, 16 10:31 AM
I'm just in the demo but I have the same problem as everyone else--the game crashes when I'm in front of the hotel trying to catch energy sources. I'm on a MacBook Air, OS X, version 10.11.6. I'm just going to delete the game as I'm tired of running into buggy games.

braedan05
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by braedan05 on Dec 25, 16 12:15 PM
I am in the conference room trying to "put the sun/moon in the centre of the wood piece". I do not have the wood piece. According to the SG, In parenthesis is the word 'inventory' so I assume it is already there but I don't have it. Also each time I click on hint it is always the rooftop no matter where I am or what I have previously done.

WhiteladiesRd
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by WhiteladiesRd on Dec 25, 16 1:34 PM
Another dev goes off my list.
Whenever I write to CS, they are so nice, blame my computer, offer me a free game, but there is NOTHING I can use the free coupons on!
Ok, I'm picky, I love HOPA's, not into playing other games.

Some games play without any issues, believe me, I'm happy to PAY for them! Right now there are four developers left, I never had any issues with. Sigh. Ok. Going to replay their games over and over.
Won't even bother to try any new games.

[Post New]by Sofiaaan on Dec 25, 16 2:45 PM
I have the same problem as braedan05: I don't have a sun or a moon nor any wood pieces. I've done everything in the strategy guide but I noticed that on the rooftop next to the rope with the grappling hook attached there is a piece still wedged between the stones. Did I miss out on a vital piece?I can't get to it anymore and everytime I press the "hint" button it leads me to the rooftop but doesn't give me any additional hints. Help!

tomb57
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by tomb57 on Dec 25, 16 5:29 PM
Same issues as all the others will not continue at recharge at hotel very early in game.
shuts down when hover over 1st energy symbol.
Mac mini Sierra 10.12.2 os.

[Post New]by leapfrog0202 on Dec 25, 16 8:34 PM
WhiteladiesRd wrote:Another dev goes off my list.
Whenever I write to CS, they are so nice, blame my computer, offer me a free game, but there is NOTHING I can use the free coupons on!
Ok, I'm picky, I love HOPA's, not into playing other games.

Some games play without any issues, believe me, I'm happy to PAY for them! Right now there are four developers left, I never had any issues with. Sigh. Ok. Going to replay their games over and over.
Won't even bother to try any new games.

What type of computer are you playing on? PC or Mac? You didn't say and it seems most of the problems with this game are with Macs.

So sorry there are issues for so many. I know it's frustrating.

GreyGhost
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by GreyGhost on Dec 26, 16 6:19 AM
Same issue with game crashing (repeatedly no matter what I try) when I try to re-energize outside the hotel. Games that don't work seem to be coming the norm for Big Fish Games rather than the exception as this is the third or fourth game in about 2-3 weeks that I've had issues with, though luckily I was only playing the demo when it crashed, unlike a couple of the other games that worked fine in demo mode and then almost completely through the games after I purchased them glitches were found that kept you from completing the game. Like some, I prefer HO games that are collector editions, which means coupon codes don't work for me. I have been a loyal subscriber for almost a decade now, but in the past year, or a little longer, the customer service and products being presented have been glitchy and a big disappointment. Think maybe it's time to end my subscription and simply replay the games I already have. It's ironic that some of my older games still play great even on the newest OS, yet the newer games are the ones with all the problems.

kaz85802
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by kaz85802 on Dec 26, 16 8:52 AM
I have the issue with wood pieces also - I have the sun and the moon but no wood pieces to fit them into. The hint guides me to the rooftop but there are no clickable areas available (apart from moving away from the rooftop area). Help would be appreciated!

mewild58
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Haunted Hotel: The Thirteenth Collector's Edition Crashing

[Post New]by mewild58 on Dec 27, 16 7:27 AM
Same problem here as below. Mac OS Sierra 10.12.2 on Macbook Pro. Doesn't matter if I hover over or click on the green balls, it crashes every time.

Go to: