Santas Crashing.

[Post New]by SHAUNADEAN on Dec 24, 16 7:21 AM
Yes Santas House crashes the game so looks like BF have to fix.

AlexRaluca
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,172 Posts

Re:Santas Crashing.

[Post New]by AlexRaluca on Dec 24, 16 8:02 AM
I use to love that scene
Until the house will work, use that glitch to your advantage and doesn't forget to close your game in order to save your progress before accessing the Santa's house

trixiebubbles
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,085 Posts

[Post New]by trixiebubbles on Dec 24, 16 8:50 AM
Personal opinion is BF did not do anything to fix last year since they have never had access to the programming and have stated there would be no further updates. I expect it to be working on Jan 2 or Jan 3 like last year.

[Post New]by tobybassett on Dec 24, 16 8:56 AM
Where might the santa house be if it was there?

AlexRaluca
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,172 Posts

[Post New]by AlexRaluca on Dec 24, 16 9:36 AM
tobybassett wrote:Where might the santa house be if it was there?

Right under the circle for the ice chest and the one for the fairy. It's the 3rd circle that you can't see until 25 December in your region

sanibel4me
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by sanibel4me on Dec 24, 16 1:41 PM
Well, in my opinion, fixing the Christmas event does not require an update. The event worked perfectly in 2014. Seems like all they would have to do is put things back the way they were. That does not require an 'update,' rather it is 'maintenance and support' which BFG has promised to do. They have had a year to make sure things for the Christmas event were working as they should, and it is really unacceptable if they did nothing, I am very disappointed.

[Post New]by zizzz123 on Dec 24, 16 9:39 PM
another year santa crashes please find a solution as quickly as possible, because the last year has was able to play

shasta24
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
472 Posts

[Post New]by shasta24 on Dec 25, 16 6:40 AM
Disappointment to say the least. Especially for those who are alone and missing their families.I was excitedly waiting for this morning. Will wait for the fix. Meanwhile, I wish a Very Merry Christmas to all who play and to those who are my Found friends

[Post New]by MysteriousMoods on Dec 25, 16 6:49 AM
Mines crashing to and by the time they fix it the event will be over, sad.

[Post New]by Night_Player_zz on Dec 25, 16 9:34 AM
Last year the Santa House crashed the game for a few days. I don't remember how long it took before it started working but obviously they didn't fix it last year so we will just have to keep trying each day until it finally lets us in.

gulfstream
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by gulfstream on Dec 25, 16 9:52 AM
Last year Santa's house crashed but not sure how long it took to fix. Even though there were no further updates BF managed to fix Santas's house before Christmas event ended. Hopefully "Santa" will bring us the gift of a fix to his house. This game was so enjoyable.

AlexRaluca
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,172 Posts

[Post New]by AlexRaluca on Dec 25, 16 9:58 AM
It can be useful. Open a chest and if you're unhappy with your reward, go at the Santa's house immediately. Shouting down your game fast, in that way will make the diamonds not add up and the chest go back to your inventory

If you have made progress on anything else in the game, save that progress before using the Santa House. You can do it by closing down the game normally

And you can make Santa show up faster. Normally he is coming 40 seconds after he was banish. You can banish him and the then press the windows button or alt + tab. That will take you out of the game without shutting it down. Go back to it. You will get a black screen saying "game pause". A few seconds later, you will be back in the game and Santa will be there
That can be annoying but it takes under 20 seconds to make Santa show up (instead of the usual 40)
And it works for all special floaters

Edited on 12/25/2016 at 11:24:49 AM PST

Anglesey
Minnow
Minnow
260 Posts

[Post New]by Anglesey on Dec 26, 16 8:19 AM
For new players I think this is very bad (I'm not a new player).

BFG still has Found listed as one of its most popular HOS games. OK, no new updates will be coming and there's a couple of ongoing glitches but for pity's sake, at least fix a feature which used to function!

[Post New]by wissaofthewater on Dec 26, 16 4:56 PM
After years of playing the game, I agree the Santa's house should work like it did. Maybe BFG is capitalizing on the "cash cow" aspect of repeat purchases and not willing to invest further, but it's truly unfair to leave a disfunctional icon on the screen and should be a quick fix - Please Fix it Big Fishy for loyal fans!

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Dec 27, 16 12:51 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your patience while waiting on a response about this issue. It seems that this particular issue affects this particular event and that there was an announcement made about this particular game in regards to updates to it. Just in case players would like to read more about the decision to no longer update this particular game, I'm providing a link to that announcement below:

An Important Announcement Regarding Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - August 18 , 2015

While we are able to keep the game up and running for players who would like to play through the available content, the game is no longer being updated, so a resolution to this particular issue may not be provided. I'm sorry that players are being effected by this issue, and can definitely provide some preliminary troubleshooting to try which may be able to assist with this particular issue for some players:

Run Game as Administrator

By running this game as an Administrator, one may be able to workaround the issue with this particular in-game event.

If you'd like to try further troubleshooting or have a different issue, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE. Our Reps are always happy to provide additional support for our games and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Since this seems to be discussing a technical issue, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread and request further discussion of the issue be provided in the following designated technical issues thread here: ***PC*** Post any Found: A Hidden Object Adventure Free to Play technical issues here only.

Thank you all for your understanding and patience. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 12/27/2016 at 12:53:30 PM PST

Go to: