Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Secret Investigations here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 26, 16 12:54 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 12/26/2016 at 9:21:34 AM PST

Nagster
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Secret Investigations here.

[Post New]by Nagster on Dec 26, 16 2:59 AM
What decade did they resurrect this game from? BF is really scrapping the bottom of the proverbial barrel some days just to offer a New Game Every Day.

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on Dec 26, 16 4:01 AM
I played this game years and years ago. I remember the first investigation clearly. I found it boring and silly then and sadly, still do.

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Dec 26, 16 5:24 AM
Very Old School. I lasted 2 minutes.

It wanted me to download some AdobeAir (?) update. I declined.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Dec 26, 16 5:51 AM
Alas - pretty lame game !

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Dec 26, 16 9:21 AM
Howdy Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Secret Investigations here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Secret Investigations.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgIlinalta

faboomama
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by faboomama on Dec 26, 16 10:56 AM
I thought I had stepped into 2006 with this game. Great thing I was bored & lazy or I would've deleted it within minutes. I remember a game like this from long ago. I'm sure I still own it, but I'd never replay it. From the demo, I just saw hidden object scenes that are rather easy. They're timed randomly and hitting 3 stars on each is ridiculously simple.

[Post New]by BearCreekStables on Dec 26, 16 1:32 PM
Played the whole demo out of boredom and never saw a mini-game. Items are very very easy to find but did use a hint once or twice. No purchase or would not use a coupon for this game.

violet922
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by violet922 on Dec 26, 16 2:13 PM
I saw no way to have multiple players in this game. No way to add your name as a player, and if my husband wishes to play it, he can only continue upon what I've already accomplished.
I agree with Players; this game is 'retro.' The graphics are beautiful though...... Will I be purchasing it? No...... too bad too. Today is 2 games for the price of one.

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Dec 26, 16 3:13 PM
Keep this secret dead & buried!!!

Story line good. You're trying to find you missing daughter. Graphics are brightly colored. That's the ONLY good news.

Only one character. A large man who just stands there with a grin on his face. There are no VO or mouth movements.

There are no mini games only one HOS after another. These are messy, cluttered, teeny weeny & VERY hard to see.

There is a timer which can be turned off but if you run out of time the only penalty is a silver star instead of a gold one. There are only two hint button options. Both take awhile to refresh while your eyes are trying not to cross due to the difficulty of finding the objects.

You gain stars by completing the gain, beating the clock & not using a hint. The gold stars count more than the silver ones.

I was able to get thru a few of the screens when a pop-up told me that I had only 25 stars & needed 30 to progress. I replayed two scenes but didn't gain anymore stars.

At this point my tired eyes said enough is enough & I quit.

underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by underwriter on Dec 27, 16 8:47 AM
JessF wrote:Very Old School. I lasted 2 minutes.

It wanted me to download some AdobeAir (?) update. I declined.

I forgot to mention that in my review. Yes, the game requires you to have Adobe AIR. Jess, you must have had it already because you were able to play. I didn't have it and I accepted it - and it stays resident in your programs if you uninstall the game. After I installed AIR and before the game installed, it also offered me an update, which I also declined. I am still undecided about uninstalling. So far it hasn't interfered with anything, and I suppose there is a chance it might help other games with minor hiccups. But if you don't want it, you need to uninstall it separately from the game.

Beadfisher
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Beadfisher on Dec 27, 16 7:02 PM
If you like old school HOG's where finding the item requires a little work, if you like to sink into a game and concentrate, this game works. The story line links successive HOG's which can be replayed to earn the number of stars to pass to the next level. Very few minigames, thank ghod.Just HOG after HOG, and the ones near the end of the case are more demanding than the early ones. Fun.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Dec 29, 16 3:20 AM
So...understanding that this is a straight HOG (with a few mini games interspersed - match three, untangle, etc.), I used an about to expire coupon. It certainly wouldn't be worth full price, but I like basic HOGs once in a while, and this is OK for that. The best part of this game is the dialogue which is especially hilarious during the 4th case. It's like someone put the phrases through Google translate 5 or 6 times, so in addition to playing a straight HOG, I got to laugh.

mcurbelo
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by mcurbelo on Dec 30, 16 11:39 AM
OMG... I love this game. It might be pretty easy, but it does not feel like "OLD SCHOOL". It's a big challenging but I think it's an awesome game. Very different than what I'm used to. I had lots of fun and was not too pleased to finish it. I'm hoping they come out with another one of these.

kimnick
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by kimnick on Jan 4, 17 12:31 AM
I have just gotten to the last stage Twilight Crime and there is a poster on the tree of a missing girl. It looks an awful lot like little Madeline McCain, I even googled it because I wasnt sure if i was seeing things. Is there anyone who could tell me i'm not seeing things

Go to: