samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

Fiction Fixers: Adventures in Wonderland

[Post New]by samwise50 on Apr 2, 10 6:22 PM
Has anyone demoed this game? It's from another website but I certainly hope BFG will have it available soon. It just came out. Created by Fugazo. To my amazement I loved it. It's a HOG, IHOG, lots of puzzles, HOs, interaction, tasks, inventory. I don't know if it's a long or short game. I made it to the rabbit's house when Alice got too big to get out and you have to find something to shrink her down.....again. The graphics are gorgeous, the storyline is plausible (don't remember the original story, too long ago), the characters are adorable, well except the bad guy. You play a Fiction Fixer agent and you're against Illetarati agent, THE bad guy. There's also a journal to keep you up to date, a map (very useful), a Hint system that replenishes fast, a Skip option for puzzles. Good game. My only concern is that It's from Ga......bo. (am I going to get cut here?). I don't remember if THEY et BFG share games or not. I hope so.
I wish someone had an answer. I'll wait.
Have a nice evening everybody

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

Re:Fiction Fixers: Adventures in Wonderland

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Apr 2, 10 6:48 PM
Hi Samwise, glad to hear this is a good game, I am about to beta test it too. GZ doesn't release games, they provide info on games and links to their dowload sites. This may be the developers site or a game website such as BFG. Whether BFG gets a game depends on the developer I think.

bronte311
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by bronte311 on Apr 2, 10 7:15 PM
I just beta tested it and enjoyed it too...a more traditional hidden object game than most of the ones we've been getting lately. It starts off a little slow but has a good variety of mini-games that keep things interesting.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Apr 2, 10 7:19 PM
I beta'd this last week and loved it. An adventure HOG, with plenty to do between the HOG scenes. I liked the soundtrack, the voice acting is good, and the graphics excellent. A different take on the Alice tale, but a very good one! Has it been released, or did you do the beta?

jenak3769
Clownfish
Clownfish
958 Posts

[Post New]by jenak3769 on Apr 3, 10 12:07 AM
Alice in Awem is supposed to release this weekend,,,, glitched it out months ago,, and seeing that it is now being given as a download beta test,,, I will say it is quite good interesting puzzles including a few new ones but all in all not a bad game,, But wouldnt race out to buy it but will be a good DD when it comes around.

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Apr 3, 10 12:07 AM
I beta'd it as well. At first it would not run on my laptop so I emailed them. It took a few emails but they sorted out the problem.
So they are definitely still working on it where there is need. I was most impressed and glad I did contact them rather than just fill in the survey.
I look forward to seeing the rest of the game when it is released.

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Apr 3, 10 2:55 AM
I got the beta to try but the site needed another app to run and when I was trying to do it, my Norton went crazy with pop-ups, so I didn't bother.

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Apr 3, 10 3:05 AM
i also beta'd this last week from the developer's site and big fish does get their games. i really liked this one better than the alice in wonderland we got already from of course the one already here is more adult alice as the one from the dev's site is more toward the story of alice in wonderland and i love it. there is a lot of interaction, shrinking alice, making her big again and so on. the beta only let you get so far than quit so i don't know how long it will be. this may be part of a series of games that may come out when you first get into this game you are in a library and someone (the illiterati) stole a bunch of classics but the one you start with is alice. so that will be very interesting to see down the road if other classic stories become available.

GoveGirl
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by GoveGirl on Apr 3, 10 4:16 AM
There is a premium edition being released which includes a Hansel and Gretel mini adventure.
No idea if Big Fish will have this CE.

stone07
Koi
Koi
68,662 Posts

[Post New]by stone07 on Apr 3, 10 4:37 AM
phatkhat wrote:I beta'd this last week and loved it. An adventure HOG, with plenty to do between the HOG scenes. I liked the soundtrack, the voice acting is good, and the graphics excellent. A different take on the Alice tale, but a very good one! Has it been released, or did you do the beta?

Still in Beta as far as I know.

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Apr 3, 10 9:26 AM
stone last week the developer had it on their home page to develop i found out and started a thread about it and gave the info to others that wanted to beta test it. so it has been tested for more than a week now. gamezebo just sent theirs out, and i guess this was so the developers had enough people beta it.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Apr 3, 10 9:48 AM
I beta'd directly from the developer's site, and had no problems with popups or other nasties, nor did I have to install anything.

Yes, this is supposed to be the first in a series featuring the Fiction Fixers. I guess they will be doing several classics.

I did not find the game overly childish. Alice did look "funky", but is typical of how white children are portrayed in oriental advertising art! I thought the puzzles were challenging enough to be interesting, without being frustrating. You can always find a solution by LOOKING - sometimes in places you've already looked.

I really like the game, and it is a definite buy for me when it comes out - while our Alice here is a maybe. I actually found it easier than the "child's" game at Fgz/uao.

auntann11
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,001 Posts

[Post New]by auntann11 on Apr 3, 10 12:14 PM
jenak3769 wrote:[b]Alice in Awem[/b] is supposed to release this weekend,,,, glitched it out months ago,, and seeing that it is now being given as a download beta test,,, I will say it is quite good interesting puzzles including a few new ones but all in all not a bad game,, But wouldnt race out to buy it but will be a good DD when it comes around.

Isn't that the one that was released here last month?

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/7653/alice-in-wonderland/index.html?src=frmtrygame&osdetect=true

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Apr 3, 10 12:45 PM
No. This is a totally different game. If you alternate the letters I put in my post, you will find the website where you can get more info on the game. Don't know if the beta is still open.

auntann11
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,001 Posts

[Post New]by auntann11 on Apr 3, 10 1:08 PM
phatkhat wrote:No. This is a totally different game. If you alternate the letters I put in my post, you will find the website where you can get more info on the game. Don't know if the beta is still open.

I know the one you are talking about - I did the beta a while ago and it is already on my buy list.

I am talking about the post above for Alice in Awem. Which btw has nice T Burtonesque artwork.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Apr 3, 10 1:49 PM
That's the one that is out here at BFG, yes. I like the Fiction Fixers one a little better for gameplay, though the art in the Awem one is beautiful.

fenkef
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by fenkef on Apr 13, 10 8:39 AM
There is a release date for the 28th on another site so maybe bigfish will get then also.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Apr 13, 10 9:16 AM
Thanks for the info, Fenkef! Depending on the price, I'll probably buy it over there, since it will probably not be here for a while, yet. I'm into the $7 price bracket at Alapeace, now, and will buy their releases there. BFG is rapidly losing their cachet for me.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Apr 13, 10 9:23 AM
There is a release date for the 28th on another site so maybe bigfish will get then also.

Really? Really, really? Oooooo, I hope there's not delay getting it here, I really want to try it

stone07
Koi
Koi
68,662 Posts

[Post New]by stone07 on Apr 13, 10 10:09 AM
I demo's this game - haven't seen it come out yet. I probbly will buy it!

Go to: