bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Raven Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 29, 16 12:29 AM
ERS Game Studios presents the thrilling next installment in the best-selling Dark Tales series!

The renowned archaeologist Alan Dillinger is dead, seemingly by his own hand. At his side is a note detailing his love for a woman named Lenore. It seems to be a simple case of romance gone wrong. But the mysterious client who summoned you isn't so sure. He believes Alan was murdered! And he's not the only one. Join the brilliant detective Dupin and dive into a world of lies, betrayal, and revenge. You'll soon find yourself on the trail of the enigmatic White Crow, who takes a more deadly approach to solving the case. Can you uncover the truth? Find out in this chilling hidden-object puzzle adventure game!

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Raven Collector's Edition

[Post New]by jennsmom on Dec 29, 16 1:30 AM
Downloading now to see what may have improved since I did the Beta. I didn't think I would try another one of these, no matter how appealing Dupin was, but the story was good and I want to see what the collectibles might be and I definitely want to see if the junk seller (in France??) still speaks with an American "hillbilly" accent. That was definitely NOT a plus for this game.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Dec 29, 16 8:29 AM
I'm going to have to pass on this one. Too grim, grimy and frankly just a little boring. M. Dupin is looking a little worse for wear. Too many mysteries with gore and monsters.

shripch
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,952 Posts

[Post New]by shripch on Dec 29, 16 11:08 AM
I am so tired of the dark dark dark turn of many of the games being offered lately. I will be patient and wait till something with glorious graphics and beautiful scenery comes along. Enough of and , how about some and Have a great New Year!

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 29, 16 2:55 PM
shripch wrote:I am so tired of the dark dark dark turn of many of the games being offered lately. I will be patient and wait till something with glorious graphics and beautiful scenery comes along. Enough of and , how about some and Have a great New Year!

I agree with you one hundred per cent. I think many of us have had enough of the dark boring games. It's time for the devs to turn over a new leaf for the new year and give us some beautiful games with beautiful scenery for a change. A good game doesn't have to be a dark game.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 29, 16 3:08 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to pop in here and thank players for providing their feedback on this particular game. It is understandable wanting a different type of theme of games to be released. While the Moderation Team doesn't have control over the content of the games and their releases, we can ensure that your feedback is reviewed by the appropriate teams. I've gone ahead and passed the contents of this thread to the teams.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions, concerns, or further feedback. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 30, 16 12:23 PM
I see mostly negative comments about this game, but find that this one is no worse and even better than some of the last few "Dark Tales" games.

I like how the inventory is done, and I liked the HOS I came across the demo. The graphics and colours are, as always, excellent.

I like the story (and it's pretty obvious who is behind the raven costume and mask), and enjoyed the demo.

bwake47
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by bwake47 on Dec 30, 16 8:54 PM
Thank you Valdy for your positive review. There have been so many low and negative ratings that I was going to pass without a demo. This is one of my favorite series and I was finding it hard to pass up. I will now demo it and see if I enjoy it also. I have a hard time remembering former games, so each game seems different to me.

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Jan 1, 17 5:20 AM
mhatfie wrote:
shripch wrote:I am so tired of the dark dark dark turn of many of the games being offered lately. I will be patient and wait till something with glorious graphics and beautiful scenery comes along. Enough of and , how about some and Have a great New Year!

I agree with you one hundred per cent. I think many of us have had enough of the dark boring games. It's time for the devs to turn over a new leaf for the new year and give us some beautiful games with beautiful scenery for a change. A good game doesn't have to be a dark game.

Count me in too! I am so ready for some brighter and cheery games. Not that these are bad games, but what happened to the games with less gore in them? Sure would like to see more of them.

[Post New]by simplicity19 on Jan 1, 17 9:06 AM
Totally agree with all the comments about the grim games!! Ugh!

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Jan 1, 17 10:01 PM
I too am ready for some bright and cheerful games
skeletons and crypts and dungeons and death over and over and over

These games are not bad but some of us need something cheerful .

Is it possible that the dreary and the darkness are the dominate type of available developers software ?

Edited on 01/01/2017 at 10:09:59 PM PST

[Post New]by lmaines on Jun 12, 17 7:32 AM
This is amazing to me these reviews. The series are not only excellent games, [Removed by Moderator]. Some of love this series. No offense intended, just another gamer who supports this series and Thankyou.

Edited on 06/13/2017 at 4:09:22 PM PST

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Jun 13, 17 1:28 PM
[Removed by Moderator]

Great game great HO's and puzzles. Dark yes, but as Imaines said, it's "Dark Tales". Graphics are great, voiceovers are too. No clunky clicking when you click on something that isn't active yet. Map is good.

Edited on 06/13/2017 at 4:10:09 PM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jun 13, 17 4:16 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you so much for providing feedback about the types of games we provide and for offering suggestions about where we could improve our catalog. We really appreciate the different opinions about what types of games are enjoyable and encourage you all to continue speaking up about the games you love.

I do want to quickly remind all of our players about our Forum Rules and specifically would like to remind players to be aware of and abide by the following:

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

Do not respond to or comment on posts or discussions that break the rules. Report the post or discussion to a moderator. Contributing, even to mention that something breaks the rules, keeps that discussion visible and aggravates the problem.

By following the above rules, we can all help create a comfortable environment where games are discussed with one another. This helps players of all ages participate as they can, and we appreciate players being willing to help create that sort of atmosphere for other players such as themselves.

Thank you for your time and again for participating in this community. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active moderators. We are here to provide help and listen.

bfgBeruna

Go to: