Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Raven Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 29, 16 12:47 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 12/29/2016 at 6:38:31 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Raven Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 29, 16 6:38 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Raven Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by luvtoread on Dec 29, 16 11:04 AM
I went into the barn, cut chains with nippers, down came the cloth-
and nothing. SG says there should be a HOP.

I hope shutting it down and going back will fix it. I like the DT:EAP
games.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Raven Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by babygirlb49 on Dec 29, 16 12:22 PM
I can not get the scroll pieces on the beach i have uninstalled and re-installed it and it still wont work.

Edited on 12/29/2016 at 12:23:12 PM PST

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Dec 29, 16 12:34 PM
a box cojmes up saying error and it closes the game sad

FunIt
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by FunIt on Dec 29, 16 12:40 PM
Same problem as babygirlb49! HOS in front of lighthouse, can do nothing with scroll or note pieces.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 29, 16 1:34 PM
Hi Everyone,

The Moderation Team greatly appreciates players posting in this thread. I'm sorry to hear that technical issues are being experienced.

For players that are having issues progressing in this game at a particular scene, it is recommended to refer to the following help articles for troubleshooting steps:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

lovely62, it is recommended to refer to the Big Fish Games Help Pages after trying the troubleshooting steps in the above help articles if your error message still persists. The help pages are a great resource for steps that have been known to help resolve issues and error messages.

If issues still persist, please reach out to our Technical Support Team. The support team is always happy to help in any way that they can.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Dec 29, 16 1:56 PM
thank you for the advice i try and see what happens

pattyjo
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by pattyjo on Dec 29, 16 4:06 PM
This program requires a security key. If you have one, select OK to enter it. After entering a valid key, you will not be prompted again.

This is what I get when I click on Play ??? What do I do now ?

Plientje
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Plientje on Dec 29, 16 4:42 PM
To LUVTOREAD

Did you cut all three sets of chains (middle, left and right)? If you do, the scene changes to a HOP.

Hope you'll find it! Good luck.

OzGuy
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by OzGuy on Dec 29, 16 5:32 PM
BONUS CHAPTER - No Key To The Projector Room - The Professor Didn't Give Me A Key ???

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Raven Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by luvtoread on Dec 29, 16 5:56 PM
Plientje wrote:To LUVTOREAD

Did you cut all three sets of chains (middle, left and right)? If you do, the scene changes to a HOP.

Hope you'll find it! Good luck.

Not sure in what order, just know I cut all three. Will have to just start with
a new profile, I guess.
Exiting and reentering did nothing.

wwhitley56
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by wwhitley56 on Dec 29, 16 6:44 PM
This game sucks ! I pay good money for a game that keeps crashing and then I can't finish it because of the scroll deal. Nothing helped that I tried.Big time aggravation !

[Post New]by sam4tea on Dec 29, 16 9:23 PM
Can not pick up scroll pieces. System is up to date.

Furryfury
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Raven Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Furryfury on Dec 29, 16 11:06 PM
OzGuy wrote:BONUS CHAPTER - No Key To The Projector Room - The Professor Didn't Give Me A Key ???

Same here. The strategy guide indicates the professor was supposed to hand me a key (after a dialogue, it looks like) before I leave the ship to find Dupin. He never did that, and I cannot go back to the ship, so now I am completely stuck.
Running on Windows 7.

Edited on 12/29/2016 at 11:14:38 PM PST

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Dec 30, 16 6:13 AM
At a standstill in the bonus game after digging the screwdriver embedded in the ladder that is leaning up against the ship. I can't X out of the area, strategy guide won't open. Hint indicates nothing to do with ladder at present. The only thing I can do is exit out of the game.

Windows 7 Professional 32 bit.

[Post New]by awolfe7 on Dec 30, 16 7:59 AM
Same problem, can't get scroll pieces. This is the 4th game I can not finish because of issues. NONE OF YOUR SUGGESTIONS ON THE HELP PAGE WORK!!!!!!!!!!! YOUR ADVICE IS USELESS!!!!!!!!

doseydose
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by doseydose on Dec 30, 16 10:47 AM
I am, also, having a problem not being able to close the area after getting the screwdriver out of the ladder in the bonus chapter. I am running Windows 10 Home. I hope there will be a fix soon. I shut the game down 2 to 3 times and each time had the same result.

[Post New]by Uppity_Pup on Dec 30, 16 2:27 PM
To get the scroll pieces, click on the brown book next to the scroll. Then click on the left page to get the Renegade Notes. After you do that you can pick up the pieces to the scroll. You will then be told to find all of the Runes that go in the scroll.

[Post New]by Dark_Promise on Dec 30, 16 2:38 PM
I am stuck at the scroll as well. No crashing or error codes. I have the scroll, pieces all over. When I click the pieces nothing happens. If I pull up the scroll and then click a piece the scroll goes away and nothing happens. Hint says go up but when I go up hint says go back down. If it is just me being stupid would someone please drop me a clue? Obviously, some have gotten past this as they are talking about the bonus. Can anyone share how they did it?

Go to: