mirandashell
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

Thanks to Oddly Enuh

[Post New]by mirandashell on Dec 29, 16 5:42 AM
Just wanted to say thanks to Oddly for all the help she's given me and others.

I have just found out that I'm almost at the end of this game. Which is a bit annoying cos there is so much more that could have been done with it.

So I am going to start again right from the start. I shall lose all my friends and stuff but I feel ready for this great adventure!

Yes I am being sarcastic but I'm English, it's genetic.

Haven't decided on a name yet but I'll think of something.

And also thank you to all my friends for the chat and the items and the fun over the last year.

Bye!

mirandashell
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

Re:Thanks to Oddly Enuh

[Post New]by mirandashell on Dec 29, 16 8:03 AM
It turns out you don't lose your friends when you start from scratch! Yeh!

Hello everyone!

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on Dec 29, 16 2:48 PM
Miranda...

Next time, just take your computer offline before you hit the "new game" button. A few minutes later you'll have all your money, gold, and collectibles...as well as your friends. However, you'll have to add new friends to get the achievements for friends, and send new emails.

What you DON'T carry with you is building supplies or minigame resources...or energy resources. So have as many collections ready to fill as possible before you restart...this will allow you to grab minigame resources and building materials as you fill the collections.

I restarted today for next year...I'm already pretty low on lumber, bricks, and paint, but I went thru 11 levels already so I'll have enough energy in the morning to work with.

One other thing,..if you use this method to restart, buy the big truck as soon as possible. (I had about 1400 gold to start, and it's worth the 260 gold to buy the big truck...because your energy refills so much faster.

mirandashell
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by mirandashell on Dec 29, 16 3:58 PM
Ermmm.... thank you for that advice but I've been playing this game for a while and have restarted with all my stuff several times cos of the gliches.

I have deliberately restarted without anything by choice this time.

So... thanks but I'm fine.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Dec 30, 16 5:43 AM
You are most welcome, Miranda. I have an English mom and inherited that gene I am afraid. LOL

It is sad when you get to the end of the game. I was lucky to have found spreadsheets and screen prints and the forum to keep me interested in the game far past when I could stand to play it. Truth be told I have never finished the AES compound on any of my three games because I find the flying around to countries mind numbing. I only played as much as I had to for documentation purposes.

Two years down the road I am sure this game will never be picked up to be worked on again but it really is a shame because it was the single most engaging one I have ever played. I would have paid real money (and a lot) to have a game like this sold in modules like they do on some sites. Good news is I do not suffer from eye strain because of hour on end play. Now to work to look at the 20 item "to do" list I made yesterday with 5 days to do two weeks of work. Will she get it done? Answer: Not on a bet!

mirandashell
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by mirandashell on Dec 30, 16 12:52 PM
Good luck with the work!

It is a shame about this game. I've also found it the most engaging and had a lot of fun playing it. It feels half done.

Go to: