Kindle edition

[Post New]by vickia0222 on Dec 29, 16 10:58 AM
I am playing Midnight Castle on my Kindle Fire, but it looks like I'm going to have to buy a new Kindle. How can I download my game and keep my progress? Thank you

ID a502741

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

Re:Kindle edition

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Dec 29, 16 11:25 AM
Hi Vickie
Once you have a new Kindle start a new game, then notate your game ID from both games and contact customer service and ask to move old ID game to new ID game. Make sure you write down all your friends ID#, because they do not get moved and you have to reinvite to your new ID.

kthreads
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by kthreads on Dec 29, 16 12:10 PM
Hi Vickie,

You may want to start your customer service request for your game transfer to your new Kindle as soon as possible. (I did mine the day I ordered my new device) I just explained I was getting a new device would need my game transferred. I listed my current player id#/name.
CS is way backlogged with all the requests for assistance, so it takes a while to get to the head of the line. I sent my request on the 4th of Dec and didn't get a rep until Dec 13. Once you get a rep, they are amazingly helpful and try to make things as smooth as possible for you

Also make sure you respond to the 2 computer generated emails that you will get so they know that your problem is not resolved. By the time I received my 2nd canned email, I had my new player number and listed both numbers. By the time CS got to me everything was all set and I didn't lose as much time as I would have if I'd waited until I got the new device, downloaded, etc. (just an idea if you know when you're getting your new Kindle)

Good luck with your new Kindle and here's hoping for a smooth transfer of your game.

Janet

but66
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by but66 on Dec 30, 16 7:28 AM
Why did you have to buy a new Kindle

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Dec 30, 16 10:30 AM
Hi vickia0222,

Welcome to the Forums! I see that there is some question regarding your progress on a new Kindle. Lilabelle and kthreads are right. When the new Kindle is obtained, please download Midnight Castle to receive a new player ID. Once the new player ID has appeared, go ahead and reach out to our Technical Support Team with this information as well as the original player ID. The support team has the tools to manually move over your progress for you. Please keep in mind that while they have the ability to move over your items and progress, they don't have the tools to move over your friends list. It is recommended to write down your friend IDs. Just in case it's needed, I'll include a help article below:

Finding Your In-Game ID

As kthreads mentioned, please reply to any emails received until your issue has been resolved. This will help keep your incident open and alert a representative that further assistance is needed. If no response is received, the system will consider the incident solved and close out your ticket after a specific time frame.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators if you have any questions. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by vickia0222 on Jan 3, 17 12:38 PM
Thank you everyone for your suggestions. But66, my Kindle will not hold a charge, even with it plugged in. I've even purchased several new UBS cords and plugs. Amazon wasn't any help with the problem except to say buy a new one.

Go to: