Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

Fix for Kindle Frustration

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Dec 30, 16 10:22 AM
I have a kindle fire, with the same constant reboot and loss of action activity.
Go to the App Store, hit app update, then the Castle. Hit 3 dots in upper right corner then hit report issue. Up comes a list and one item to hit is the repair tool. Hit it. If this page does not appear shut down the kindle and repeat it should come up. This worked for me, just one caveat, it still reboots but no where as often and the only loss I have had is the last HO done. Good luck to all I hope it helps you.

Re:Fix for Kindle Frustration

[Post New]by HarleyKat69 on Dec 30, 16 3:29 PM
Didn't help.

Dbingamen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by Dbingamen on Dec 30, 16 6:31 PM
I will try it. I just completed the first 22 HOS's and closed out my game. When I restarted it, all my progress was lost. This happens so often and is so frustrating. Hey Mods, is anyone working on this problem?

kthreads
Clownfish
Clownfish
603 Posts

[Post New]by kthreads on Dec 30, 16 10:04 PM
I tried it...didn't work. I now only work 4 HOSs, then close out the game, making sure to open another ap so that the game has to restart. So far that's working the best. Very time consuming and making the game not fun with having to constantly close out and reopen so you don't lose all your work/progress/items/etc.
When I get done playing, I do the force stop...then I completely shut down my Kindle when I am finished for the day/night. I have to reboot the Kindle when I come back to play or read...but at least I'm not losing as much as I did before. On one crash I lost the entire HOS play of the Castle area...3 daily quests including snow globes and what I'd gotten as gifts under my tree.

Dbingamen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by Dbingamen on Jan 1, 17 2:06 PM
I did the opening and closing the game after completing one or two HOS's on the very first MC game I played way back. It was also on a Kindle game before I knew anything about transferring my game and I'm just not going to do it again. At the advice of another player, I now close my game after I do something significant like collecting gifts or gaining something special and I do shut down my game after completing each "world" but to go back to playing that way...I will quit first. Once I did shut down my game completely but when I restarted it, I still had lost all the progress I had made previously.

I know, I know...post your issues in the Technical Thread for Android players. What a joke that is. I don't believe any one who could do something ever even reads that thread! And contacting CS just isn't worth the trouble anymore. Looking at others' posts about this, the aren't responding anyway.

Edited on 01/01/2017 at 2:14:27 PM PST

[Post New]by HarleyKat69 on Jan 1, 17 8:24 PM
Dbingamen wrote:I did the opening and closing the game after completing one or two HOS's on the very first MC game I played way back. It was also on a Kindle game before I knew anything about transferring my game and I'm just not going to do it again. At the advice of another player, I now close my game after I do something significant like collecting gifts or gaining something special and I do shut down my game after completing each "world" but to go back to playing that way...I will quit first. Once I did shut down my game completely but when I restarted it, I still had lost all the progress I had made previously.

I know, I know...post your issues in the Technical Thread for Android players. What a joke that is. I don't believe any one who could do something ever even reads that thread! And contacting CS just isn't worth the trouble anymore. Looking at others' posts about this, the aren't responding anyway.

Today is day 15 with no reply. I have more I could say, but the facts make customer service look bad without any additional commentary.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jan 2, 17 7:57 AM
Hi Everyone,

The Moderation Team greatly appreciates players taking the time to post in this thread. Since we don't have the tools to troubleshoot this issue from the forums, if players are seeing loss of progress, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with your player ID and device information. While we are able to provide to the teams what is presented in the forums, the support team has the tools to provide the more detailed information provided in the tickets. They also have the tools to access your game and help where they can. Just in case it's needed, I'll include a help article below on how to obtain your player ID:

Finding Your In-Game ID

With the latest holidays, we greatly appreciate player's patience as the teams work to respond to everyone as quickly as they can. If you find your issue hasn't been resolved, please reply directly to any emails received. This will keep your incident open as well as your place in line. Please note that creating multiple tickets may result in a delay in response.

Since this thread is discussing a technical issue, we ask that they be placed in the following designated thread:

Post your Midnight Castle (Android) Technical Issues Here Only!

By posting in the above thread it helps the moderators identify trends in what players are experiencing to alert to the appropriate Midnight Castle teams. Thank you for your patience and understanding as I will go ahead and lock this thread to redirect it to the one above. Feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators if you have any questions. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

Go to: