Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

Questions for you knowledgable long term players

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Dec 30, 16 3:30 PM
[EDIT: As this will be locked eventually, but available for searches, the 2 people who answered the questions are Sir Vival and Librarian, as the pattern CAN BE changed. EG, if you need reverse mode and it is next, and you get a ghost, chase the ghost away instead of playing thru, as ghosts CAN make it skip a mode. See what mode you will be playing in by looking at the domed viewer in the left side.

I did a test while doing the rooms/ghosts in the multiple quests that ask for a room in a particular order and then a particular ghost. I was playing the room to get to the requested reversed room, but when I clicked to play the room again, a new ghost appeared and the pattern changed to Jumbled Words and I had to use the room change cards to play it AND a ghost change card because of course it was also the wrong ghost. Also, be aware that THE ghost is the white one, whereas ANY ghost is any of the 4, ANNNNND when they ask for you to play the BASEMENT it means the dungeon. Unbelievable that in 4 years the developers have not fixed this blatant error.

Edit #2: I also used cards to get a specific room, but was foiled twice when ghosts showed up. (not the ones I needed of course) After wasting cards to get the specified room, I got a ghost and I played through it as it showed the room I needed was the one I was playing, albeit with a ghost. The quest did NOT register as complete, so I recommend you banish any ghosts before playing the room and check to make sure it is in the specific room mode you need]

I noticed some time ago that there was a pattern to the rooms that stayed constant, unless you decide to use the cards and hope for the best. i see that is confirmed in the hints page HOWEVER for the last week, some rooms have decided to jumble into no particular order and it is frustrating as I waste a lot of energy and cards and is this a glitch just for me, is there some thing I have done to change the pattern from:

Day
Shadow
Night
Reversed Room
Jumbled Words
Dismantled Image

A lot of the neighbours have no more creatures to feed and they are not refreshing after feeding, or after the day is done ( evening for me, but is it a specific time/cycle for that - I am C DST. Wiki has not been very helpful and although someone told me refreshing brings new creatures, that did not work.

Thanks in advance for any possibilities and thanks to those who made the tip and advice threads I have read. Those I understood were most helpful!

Edited on 02/24/2017 at 5:26:23 PM PST

Re:Questions for you knowledgable long term players

[Post New]by starmagicgreen on Dec 30, 16 5:11 PM
Hello Kittypurrs,

There is a pattern to the rooms-yes. When you play the room and move on to the next room that previous room will go to the next mode and stay there until you go play it again and move to the next mode. That does not change. It remains that for all players, all the time.

Visiting "friends" at neighbors cannot be re-freshed, only your friends in your neighborhood can be re-freshed and changed to bring on different creatures. Once you've fed all your creatures at your neighbors, they dont come back until day change.

All the advice threads are truly invaluable because all the beginners of this game all shared and left tips, you may have to refer to them over and over again to understand when you arrive at that place in the game.

Edited to change: that should read Visiting "creatures" at neighbors....
Good Luck, you are one step ahead because the forum truly is a place to learn the best way to play this game.

Edited on 12/30/2016 at 6:28:58 PM PST

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Dec 30, 16 10:32 PM
[EDIT: It is not a technical glitch... as ghost can change the pattern by skippin a mode. See what mode you will be playing in by looking at the domed viewer in the left side. Be aware of that possibility when doing the quests that ask for a specific room/mode/ghost. And I will add here again that THE ghost is the white poltergeist, and any ghost is any of the four. The BASEMENT in this game is NOT the cellar but the DUNGEON!]

Thanks so much for helping! So it is a technical glitch then to add to my long list, that the pattern changes arbitrarily. I will see if it happens more regularly before reporting as it seems this is a glitchy/freezy game and people are so used to it, it has become the "game play" norm.

You second part is not making any sense to me, even with the edit. I know you cannot refresh to revisit friends for the visit bonus; I am solely talking about the refresh of creatures at neighbours. (I revisit them after I get the items I need to feed them... that is what I meant. I use the coins to buy runes) I found out that the scrolls only work at "home" so would like to know how does one refresh the creatures after feeding them.

I also noticed sometimes the creatures refresh themselves often when I do the ones at home. yesterday they refreshed one after the other, and that was the first time that had ever happened.

So let me ask again please... after all four are fed, can they be refreshed, or is it ONLY at the days end? and is that days end a 24 hour cycle that is standard? If so how can I time it?

Thanks in advance , if I make any sense...

Edited on 02/24/2017 at 5:30:08 PM PST

[Post New]by shastaewilliams on Dec 31, 16 12:13 AM
Kittypurrrs wrote:
You second part is not making any sense to me, even with the edit. I know you cannot refresh to revisit friends for the visit bonus; I am solely talking about the refresh of creatures at neighbours. (I revisit them after I get the items I need to feed them... that is what I meant. I use the coins to buy runes) I found out that the scrolls only work at "home" so would like to know how does one refresh the creatures after feeding them.

I also noticed sometimes the creatures refresh themselves often when I do the ones at home. yesterday they refreshed one after the other, and that was the first time that had ever happened.

So let me ask again please... after all four are fed, can they be refreshed, or is it ONLY at the days end? and is that days end a 24 hour cycle that is standard? If so how can I time it?

Kittypurrrs -

Starmagicgreen understood what you asked and answered you correctly, The creatures at your neighbors' houses only refresh one time of day and that is when the game is reset every day, which is at different times of day for different people depending on where you live. If you feed all 4 creatures at each neighbor's house, you will not have any more creatures appear until the reset of the game that day. I am in California and although I have never timed it, the game usually resets between 2:00 and 3:30 for me each day. I tend to play at all hours so the reset time isn't usually a big thing with me so I really haven't paid that much attention to it. Hope this helps you to understand a little better - and as Starmagicgreen suggests, the best way to learn is to spend some time going over the sections that contain info for new players. I am over 100 in level now and still refer to those sections at times! Happy gaming!

[Post New]by starmagicgreen on Dec 31, 16 12:17 AM
The modes of the room are thus and are in this order always- dismantled-day-shadow-night-reversed-jumbled. You can change mode by using the tarra cards. But they will always be in this order. If you use the tarra to get the night mode for example, the next mode after that will be reversed. I cant imagine that your modes are randomly changing on their own.

The creatures at your neighbors: Every neighbor has a random selection of creatures, according to a current weekly quest, a quest you bought into, etc. They can be fed once a day. Day change is determined by your 5pm, its a 24 hr cycle, taking into consideration daylight savings time.
By using the creature summoning scroll you can refresh your creatures at home as many times as you want as long as you have the cards. They will naturally refresh by playing the rooms in that area. The refreshing without the cards is random.

Good Luck!

sir_vival
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by sir_vival on Dec 31, 16 2:25 AM
Daychange is always at 2:00AM Moscow time (MSK),respectively 11:00PM (UTC/GMT), means: (MSK) corresponds to + 0300 UTC/GMT.

Check your UTC/GMT and calculate the exact daychange for your location/country.

To be considered:
Changes of summer/winter time at your location/country, plus
changes of summer/winter time in Russia/Moscow.

In 2016 Moscow didn't change. That's different from the years before 2016.

Enjoy moving pearls (using your abacus)
Happy New Year everyone
Sir Vival

Edited on 12/31/2016 at 2:35:18 AM PST

[Post New]by Librarian2003 on Dec 31, 16 4:22 AM
Hi Kittypurrs.

I think you have your answers for two questions you asked:

1 You have a maximum of four random creatures and two of the ghosts at each neighbour's place, although you may find significantly fewer. Once you've helped them, you get no more until day change.

2 The rooms are always in a specified order - day, shadow, night, reversed room, jumbled words and dismantled image. Using silver tarra cards just moves you through that order. The only exceptions are that if you play through the various ghosts, rather than chase them away, you'll find they are associated with different types of room mode. Also, when you start the tasks for a weekly quest, I'm almost certain that the room modes might not be set at the mode where you left them.

I think you also asked another question in the third paragraph of your second post, about creatures on your home screen.

If you start with no creatures on your home screen, you'll see that every time you play a room, a creature will appear until you have filled all four slots. If you keep on playing without helping those creatures, your numbers will still stack up, so that when you do help them, new creatures will appear to replace the ones you help, until you've exhausted the reserves. To get more, you have to use a creature summoning scroll.

The creature summoning scroll will generally summon more than four creatures, so as you help them, there will be replacements

These new creatures can take a short time to appear, so I think that might be why you see more when you refresh, but they will appear without refreshing.

Once you've exhausted them, you'll need to play again to start restocking, or use another scroll.

I'm not aware of any current - or past - game glitches that affect these particular things.

Have fun!

Go to: