bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Vermillion Watch: Fleshbound Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 31, 16 12:29 AM
Warning - Vermillion Watch: Fleshbound is an intense thriller intended for mature audiences.

Eipix Entertainment proudly presents the newest installment of the Vermillion Watch series!

Something important has been stolen from a friend of the Watch! All that was left at the scene was the calling card of a master thief. With the help of some old friends, it’s up to you to chase leads through the dangerous London streets! Can you stop a plot against the Vermillion Watch before it’s too late? Find out in this riveting hidden-object puzzle adventure game!

roxycavalier
Stingray
Stingray
5,621 Posts

Re:Vermillion Watch: Fleshbound Collector's Edition

[Post New]by roxycavalier on Dec 31, 16 1:02 AM
This game looks so great and was very excited to buy it when I saw the 50 % off sale, but wait, 9.99 is only around 30% off , any sales coming up for loyal Big Fish Members that pay you money every month?

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Dec 31, 16 1:55 AM
they use the full price not the price we pay as members, BF must think we are stupid
Cisca

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Dec 31, 16 2:04 AM
Sure is a good game, i am with the others on the sale today. I would of bought it, but that isn't a sale for game club members. Oh well, guess I will get it when they do have a sale for us.

Happy New year all

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Dec 31, 16 3:08 AM
This sale may be not the ONE for members - only the game is great, it is the last day of 2016 .....

All in all the demo was convincing, so I will finish this year "fleshbound"

Edited on 12/31/2016 at 3:09:01 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Dec 31, 16 4:56 AM
Every time there's a sale of this type, there are complaints about the fact that '50% off' is actually only 30% off the Game Club Price.

The sale benefits everyone, member or not. As a member I get a credit every month which I can either use on an SE or save it/buy another one for a CE. Non-members don't get this privilege, so this sale helps them out.

You're still getting this game at a discount; 30% is better than 0%

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Dec 31, 16 6:30 AM
you are right about the 30% but when i go to a store and they say the 2nd dress is half price, and at the register i get just 30% i would tell them to keep it
Cisca

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Dec 31, 16 6:48 AM
Ah, "tis the season for grim and grimy" but being a fan of this developer I will get out my waders and mac to slog thru foggy London.

About the sale, well it is what it is. I am past the point of expecting a really good deal on anything.

I'm off to find a killer.

Foxy57
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by Foxy57 on Dec 31, 16 9:37 AM
angelfish106 wrote:Every time there's a sale of this type, there are complaints about the fact that '50% off' is actually only 30% off the Game Club Price.

The sale benefits everyone, member or not. As a member I get a credit every month which I can either use on an SE or save it/buy another one for a CE. Non-members don't get this privilege, so this sale helps them out.

Angelfish106, I tink you are mistaken. You do not get any special credit as you say, you PAY for your credit every month, and I wonder also if it is really worth it... I think not..

The non-members don't give their hard earn money expecting games they will like but spend it only when they want to. I understand we cannot like all the same games, but is it worth it to spend that much each month ???

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Dec 31, 16 9:39 AM
Over the past several years many long-time, hardcore, BFG members have come to expect a lot of sales on CE games. Some are terrific, such as the BOGO at Christmas. Many of us complain (myself included) that the games just don't offer all of the extras that we might expect or want to see in CEs.

When CEs were first introduced, a game would include the in-game strategy guide (sold separately for $ 6.99) and a bonus chapter or game and we were happy to pay the extra money for the new upscale games. In time, the extras took on a new life with the inclusion of collectibles, morphing objects, achievements, wallpapers, artwork, music, and the list goes on. A great deal for many members like myself who were willing to spend $13.99 for a CE.

When the economy went downhill our gaming dollars took a hit as well and BFG started having constant sales - a great deal for those of us who are die-hard HOPA fans and who love CEs. However, at the same time we were conditioned to expect the sales and the developers were expected to give us even more extras for less money in their pockets. I know that a great sale price increases the overall sales total for games but that isn't always what might happen.

Developers put a lot of time and effort into creating games for our enjoyment and it somehow seems unfair for us (myself included) to expect CE games with new and creative gameplay and at the same time packed to the brim with a variety of extras for either $6.99 or $9.99 the half-price sale rate.

So what is happening now is that gamers are saying same ole, same ole and complaining about games when they are not willing to pay more to get them. More or less like expecting devs to work even harder for minimum wage.

Perhaps we should be a bit more tolerant when we don't always get the sale we expect. If you are willing to wait and get a game when there is a sale you happen to like, I am sure it will be right around the corner.

I got today's game for the sale price and happen to think it is an excellent game and well worth the money. I am a true HOPA fan and hope the genre will be around for a long time, and that the developers are willing to continue to do what they do best - sale or not.

Happy gaming everyone!

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Dec 31, 16 10:31 AM
biscuitsmama wrote:Over the past several years many long-time, hardcore, BFG members have come to expect a lot of sales on CE games. Some are terrific, such as the BOGO at Christmas. Many of us complain (myself included) that the games just don't offer all of the extras that we might expect or want to see in CEs.

When CEs were first introduced, a game would include the in-game strategy guide (sold separately for $ 6.99) and a bonus chapter or game and we were happy to pay the extra money for the new upscale games. In time, the extras took on a new life with the inclusion of collectibles, morphing objects, achievements, wallpapers, artwork, music, and the list goes on. A great deal for many members like myself who were willing to spend $13.99 for a CE.

When the economy went downhill our gaming dollars took a hit as well and BFG started having constant sales - a great deal for those of us who are die-hard HOPA fans and who love CEs. However, at the same time we were conditioned to expect the sales and the developers were expected to give us even more extras for less money in their pockets. I know that a great sale price increases the overall sales total for games but that isn't always what might happen.

Developers put a lot of time and effort into creating games for our enjoyment and it somehow seems unfair for us (myself included) to expect CE games with new and creative gameplay and at the same time packed to the brim with a variety of extras for either $6.99 or $9.99 the half-price sale rate.

So what is happening now is that gamers are saying same ole, same ole and complaining about games when they are not willing to pay more to get them. More or less like expecting devs to work even harder for minimum wage.

Perhaps we should be a bit more tolerant when we don't always get the sale we expect. If you are willing to wait and get a game when there is a sale you happen to like, I am sure it will be right around the corner.

I got today's game for the sale price and happen to think it is an excellent game and well worth the money. I am a true HOPA fan and hope the genre will be around for a long time, and that the developers are willing to continue to do what they do best - sale or not.

Happy gaming everyone!

Agree 100%

cherleadford
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by cherleadford on Dec 31, 16 10:41 AM
I agree with you biscuitsmama. I to have complained at times. I had to realize these people do work hard to give us what we want in games. I have tried other game sites and found BF to be the best. If I REALLY like a game I buy it regardless of the price. If I do not like the sale that's going on I have waited patiently for a better sales promotion.
BF has never let me down in resolving any problems I have had.
I have been a member many years and still enjoy BF.
Thanks BF for all the enjoyment I get from these games

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Dec 31, 16 12:28 PM
.... already said, I got the game. It is a very good game.
Sales are not always, what you wish for - that's life.

Being a member I pay for my monthly credits, which I use for those nice BOGOs, when you can buy 2 CEs for the price of one. As I am constantly buying games, mostly CEs, I decided to be a member. Nobody has to and I don't complain, if a sale does not meet my special member expectations. There are special sales for us too. And: I could have waited for another, better sale - only, I didn't want to.

Could fill my monthly punch card with this game and so have another free SE in addition to a good CE....

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Dec 31, 16 4:49 PM
I do agree with previous posters that devs do put a lot of work into these games and that we should be happy to pay current prices to keep up a certain level of quality. I must say however (again, repeating myself from other forums) that I would be much, much happier demoing one or two new games a week which have been refined and perfected, rather than a game every single day which may have tech issues, story repetition, and hoary old puzzles rehashed from countless other games. I really only buy games 4 or 5 times a year, usually during the 2fer sales, and only when I actually have found 2 games I want to pay for. I missed out on the Christmas sale because there wasn't one single game worth buying that was the least little bit different from the daily grind of games. At the moment I have 3 free game credits that will expire if I don't find a fresh, new, innovative game to buy. Sadly I'm not holding my breath. I like this one to a certain extent but you can't get a CE with a free credit.

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Dec 31, 16 5:20 PM
I think many of us would be so very happy to see the return of quality vs. quantity that is now pervasive in BFG gaming land. It seems like that key phrase of a "new game every day" was definitely linked to a decline in quality.

Many of you must remember waiting an entire year or more for a sequel to your favorite game series. But now a sequel, is a sequel, is a sequel, and very few are really outstanding.

As you said so many games now are riddled with problems because either the support at BFG is missing, or it is because games are not tested, or maybe because games are now released in so many formats. Whatever the issue, I too wish things would change in some ways.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Dec 31, 16 8:56 PM
I agree with many of the comments made here. I, too, am a die hard HOPA fan and if I had "my 'druthers"...... I would love to see a new HOPA game every day !! Yes, some sales are better than others, but as one commenter said, 30% is better than nothing.

I do go onto other sites to look at what is out there - if there is a game somewhere else that looks interesting, I always check the BFG site - and sure enough, it is a game that BFG offered several years ago - so, in my eyes - BFG is THE site out there for new games being offered.

Yes, I also get PCC's and some do end up expiring before I can use them. My New Year's resolution this year will be to try and keep tabs on those that will be expiring and offer them out to somebody who could use them. I always print them out as I get them so I have them in hard copy.

It has to be very difficult for developers to produce games that will play without "glitches" on every single system and computer type that's out there. I have noticed that many of the problems people are running into is on the really new systems out there - ie: windows 10 and the MAC computers. My computer is 2 years old - running windows 8.1, 32 bit. On every other system I've had (Win XP, win 7, win VISTA) rarely had any problems. The last game I had a problem with was the last Puppetshow game (in the bonus game) - I waited and within a couple of weeks, a fix came out and I was able to finish the game.

Sometimes a fix will show up in my GM - usually it's on a game that I've already finished with no problems.

I consider myself quite lucky that I've not had any major issues.

On that note - I send my wishes for a very happy & healthy New Year to all Fishies - it's not quite January 1, 2017 here yet (another 1 hr, 10 min.) - very quiet new year's eve here in our house - but big family bash here for new year's day !! YAY !! I get to cook for 20 people ! CHEERS, everyone !!

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jan 1, 17 5:29 AM
Foxy57 wrote:
angelfish106 wrote:Every time there's a sale of this type, there are complaints about the fact that '50% off' is actually only 30% off the Game Club Price.

Angelfish106, I tink you are mistaken. You do not get any special credit as you say, you PAY for your credit every month, and I wonder also if it is really worth it... I think not..

The non-members don't give their hard earn money expecting games they will like but spend it only when they want to. I understand we cannot like all the same games, but is it worth it to spend that much each month ???

I didn't say I get a 'special credit'; I said I get a credit which obviously I pay for. It's my choice to be a member, which I budget for so don't really miss the money. I get to see new releases earlier than non-members too.

But is it worth it? Lately I'm beginning to think not; I have several PCC's that I can't use because there are so few SE's worth buying (Adam Wolfe being a rare exception). The SE of a CE is usually irrelevant; if I like the game I buy the CE, so I end up giving away more PCC's than I use.

The biggest disappointment for me is that the games have all become so similar lately, it's hard to tell one series from another. Quantity has taken the place of quality and one developer in particular seems to be trying to take over the entire HOPA genre. I don't need to name them; I'm sure most people will know who they are. Once upon a time, a CE was something special. Now it's just another mediocre episode in an endless series of mediocre games. Once in a while you get a gem but they are rare these days.

Those devs whose name begins with an 'E' need some fresh ideas before their games become a must-not-have rather than a must-have.

Edited on 01/01/2017 at 5:45:34 AM PST

bwake47
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by bwake47 on Jan 1, 17 10:45 AM
I have read all these comments and agree with most. I too have been a BFG member for many years.

What I have found that has happened to me is, BFG offers so many great sales that I have bought 500 games but have only played half of them. THAT'S INSANE, but I'm as addicted to buying with their great sales as I am playing the games, maybe more. I start most days checking to see what is new.

I believe the developers work very hard in trying to give us an occasional great game, but with these great sales they can't maintain the staff to do it without also putting out mediocre games in between to keep the funds coming in. I don't mind similar games so I'll purchase at the sales. If you don't feel the same, then just hold on to your money and use it when a great game comes out. I know I've thought of doing that MANY times, but haven't.

The last thing I need is another game, but I have two I will probably start the new month/year purchasing because of today's great sale. Thank you BFG, yet BACK OFF so I can get myself under control.

Off to purchase new games!! HAPPY NEW YEAR fellow fishes !! :

Edited on 01/01/2017 at 10:56:10 AM PST

Go to: