Daxadillion
Salmon
Salmon
2,914 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vermillion Watch: Fleshbound Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 31, 16 12:36 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 12/31/2016 at 8:50:35 AM PST

jaylake
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vermillion Watch: Fleshbound Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by jaylake on Dec 31, 16 4:50 AM
I cannot collect the bandages. I looked at the strategy guide and have selected the blades as indicated for the slider puzzle but nothing happens. Second CE in a row that i have had an issue. Of course maybe I am missing something anyone assist me pls. Using PC Windows 10

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vermillion Watch: Fleshbound Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Dec 31, 16 8:49 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Big Fish Games Help Pages. Using our Big Fish Games Help Pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help Pages. please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help Pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgPanthalassa

bayley60
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by bayley60 on Dec 31, 16 9:04 AM
Here we go again! Going along nicely, playing game smoothly and whoops I can't get any further. I am also, like other writer, stuck on the picking the right blades. I looked on the guide and did what it said but sadly nothing happens. Cannot get the bandages. Please fix ASAP.

Lord_George
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Lord_George on Dec 31, 16 10:54 AM
I cannot save the name of my charactzer. So each time, when I open the game, I have to start from the beginning with a new character. That is very boring.

[Post New]by cfb00771 on Dec 31, 16 10:59 AM
I downloaded the trial and didn't even open it. Now it says that my trial has expired.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Dec 31, 16 12:13 PM
cfb00771 wrote:I downloaded the trial and didn't even open it. Now it says that my trial has expired.

If you don't have any problems with download quota, un-install, re-do the Download, and install again. This has quite often solved this problem. Good luck!

[Post New]by cfb00771 on Dec 31, 16 12:32 PM
_DD_ wrote:
cfb00771 wrote:I downloaded the trial and didn't even open it. Now it says that my trial has expired.

If you don't have any problems with download quota, un-install, re-do the Download, and install again. This has quite often solved this problem. Good luck!

Thank you, that did work!

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Dec 31, 16 5:10 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop by here to offer help for the issues that people are seeing. For the problems being described here, I suggest trying the steps in the following help articles. These help articles can be used in a variety of different situations, such as when someone's progress isn't saving correctly or if there's an issue progressing in the game:

Run Game as Administrator

If anyone is seeing a persisting issue in their game, we then recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE. Our Reps will certainly be willing to help with this as best they can.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

bfgPanthalassa

Suzzzzz
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Suzzzzz on Dec 31, 16 8:28 PM
I've tried downloading several times and keep getting error code 3. I never get to the install phase. I'm on Windows 10. I usually have no problems with games.

[Post New]by Batgirl10_7 on Dec 31, 16 9:45 PM
I want my money back. This game is so flawed. First, when I started the game, I found the first lighting bolt but after that there were no more. I even checked the guide and they simply were not in any other scenes. So I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. That fixed it, the lighting bolts were back. I sat and played for 2 hours but then had to stop playing for a bit and when I went to play again, my profile was gone. I lost all my progress, all achievements, and had to start from the beginning with a new profile and settings. I do not have 4 to 6 hours to sit at one time to play a game and if I have start over every time I close the game, I will never finish it.

edgery
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by edgery on Jan 1, 17 8:55 PM
Completely crashed my computer when I clicked on the Play button in the game manager. The swirling circle of death, couldn't stop it in the Task Manager, finally had to do a hard reboot to regain control. Deleted it completely (or as completely as I can tell after combing through some files). I'll wait till I see fewer tech problems before considering downloading even the demo on this game again. (Windows 7, yes it's old but it works!)

[Post New]by switters on Jan 2, 17 12:53 AM
Same issue as Batgirl......... profile deleted with no crashing of the game. Has happened twice: once 3/4's of the way through game; and once when main game completed meaning I can't play bonus game without doing main game for a third time!

Windows 10.

No note in the attic

[Post New]by robbiet4u on Jan 3, 17 10:26 AM
In the attic, I am supposed to look at a note then select a switch. The note is transparent with a ? in it. It doesn't do anything. Hint tells me I better move along. LOL
Can anyone help?

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Jan 3, 17 11:24 AM
Please see update below

Same issue as Batgirl10_7 and and Switters. I had just made it to the Chapter 4 - Bridgetown section of the game. Decided to stop for a while. As I was quitting the game, it only had Player as the profile. My test profile and the profile I use when I play the game after purchase were both gone. Restarted the game, but that made no difference. All my progress is gone. Not happy at all. I really dislike replaying a game. I also do not want to have to play a game in one sitting.

Was playing with Custom setting.

Windows 10 64-bit, but that doesn't matter. The game has a glitch, not my system.

Edited on 01/04/2017 at 10:39:16 AM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,199 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jan 3, 17 11:56 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to report the issues that you are experiencing while trying to play this game. It sounds like there are a few issues here and I wanted to drop by real fast to provide some preliminary troubleshooting as well as how to contact our Support Team for more assistance.

Jorie10, Batgirl10_7, and Switters, I'm sorry to hear that your progress was lost when trying to continue playing the game. We definitely understand not wanting to start back over when playing so that you can continue a playthrough and finish the game completely. In this circumstance, I recommend seeing if the steps on the following page are able to assist in making sure the game saves properly:

Game not Saving

Suzzzzz, I'm sorry that error code 3 is occurring when trying to play this game. What I recommend is seeing if the following general help for Windows 10 is able to assist with that particular error:

Windows 10

edgery, it sounds like the computer crashed after hitting play. In this circumstance, I recommend seeing if the following steps are able to assist:

robbiet4u, in this circumstance, it might help to try to run the game with more permissions as running a game as an Administrator has helped players resolve issues like this in the past:

Run Game as Administrator

If those steps don't seem to help, or if more assistance is necessary, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE. Our Reps will do their best to get back in touch as soon as they can to assist and will be able to provide additional troubleshooting assistance if wanted.

Thank you all for your patience, and I hope that helps out.

bfgIlinalta

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Jan 4, 17 8:47 AM
Success....with a caveat

I followed what bfgllinalta suggests for Game not Saving for PC. My logon ID did not have full control access for the game when I checked it. I granted full control and then started up the game. I created a new profile with the exact same name I'd had previously. The game started where I had left off yesterday!

I then ran a test: I played the game a bit and then quit it. Upon accessing the game again, I am at the correct place in the game. Whew!

I do wonder, though, why this game required this security level where others I checked do not.

Remaining issue:
The only thing missing now are the lightning bolts. They are not appearing in the scenes. (Two scenes checked. No bolts in the areas indicated in the SG.) I can live with that if I am able to finish the game. I restarted the game again just to see if that would make a difference, but still no bolts.

Edited to add that Morphs in HOPs are not available either. I am wondering if I'll have access to the Bonus Chapter once I finish the main game. Right now, the game is acting as an SE rather than a CE.

Thanks to bfgllinalta for the help. Much appreciated!

ETA: Bonus Chapter was available to me and collectibles in the Bonus Chapter could be collected. For the Bonus Chapter, I could exit/re-enter the game and no progress was lost.

ETA: Finished Bonus Chapter without issue. EXTRAS: Could not collect missed bolts or souvenirs. Each just displayed "Loading...0%". Had to Control-Alt-Delete to exit.

Edited on 01/05/2017 at 9:49:33 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jan 4, 17 12:53 PM
Hi Jorie10,

Thank you for taking the time to post an update of what you are experiencing in this game. I'm glad to hear that the troubleshooting steps offered by bfgIlinalta proved successful. I'll be sure to pass your kind words along to the rest of the team. In regards to the items not appearing in your game, it may also be helpful to ensure that your video card driver is current. Please see the following help article for those steps:

If issues still persist, the Technical Support Team can definitely help look into that for you. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

ackpfft
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by ackpfft on Jan 5, 17 7:22 PM
Batgirl10_7 wrote:I want my money back. This game is so flawed. First, when I started the game, I found the first lighting bolt but after that there were no more. I even checked the guide and they simply were not in any other scenes. So I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. That fixed it, the lighting bolts were back. I sat and played for 2 hours but then had to stop playing for a bit and when I went to play again, my profile was gone. I lost all my progress, all achievements, and had to start from the beginning with a new profile and settings. I do not have 4 to 6 hours to sit at one time to play a game and if I have start over every time I close the game, I will never finish it.

ackpfft
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by ackpfft on Jan 5, 17 7:25 PM
Yes! I am having the same issue with profiles being lost. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game three times now, and still I lose my progress every time I exit and come back to play. Definite refund.

Go to: