Daxadillion
Salmon
Salmon
2,914 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Vermillion Watch: Fleshbound Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 31, 16 12:40 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 12/31/2016 at 8:49:48 AM PST

nanafraser
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Vermillion Watch: Fleshbound Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by nanafraser on Dec 31, 16 5:02 AM
What a short demo! I'm on the fence w/ this game. On the one hand wanna see whats gonna happen, & the sale is tempting. On the other hand its a Epix game! They've always let me down in past & I never look forward to finishing them! & there are always same ole same ole! Wasn't too impressed! Ill wait, see what others say.

MaryEl
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Vermillion Watch: Fleshbound Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by MaryEl on Dec 31, 16 7:28 AM
Too many "fight" scenes. Not for me. Too bad as I was hoping for a real good one for New Years Eve.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,304 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 31, 16 7:56 AM
What a great GREAT game!! This one is just as exciting and wonderfully done as the first "Vermillion Watch" game. Love it.

Many thanks to the team at Eipix who does this new series. Everything is just perfect.

Happy New Year, everyone !!

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Dec 31, 16 8:18 AM
I'm enjoying this one. The game play is smooth and the story line is interesting. I will probably purchase it.

nanafraser, I thought the demo was really short too...but then what looked like the ending cut scene disappeared, and there was more to play. I'm not sure whether or not that was the situation with you. The same cut scene opens after the demo is truly finished but it segues into the screen that says that's it unless you buy the game.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Dec 31, 16 8:49 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Vermillion Watch: Fleshbound Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Vermillion Watch: Fleshbound Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Dec 31, 16 10:31 AM
I happen to love this game AND I hate fight scenes also but, take heart, there are not that many of them and the terrific gameplay outweighs having to get through the fight scenes. I didn't happen to notice but a few in the beginning. The HOP scenes are very good and I love the puzzles. There is a lot to do as you move through the game and the storyline unfolds. Please don't let a fight scene deter you from what lies ahead.

I really liked the first Vermillion Watch game Moorgate Accord but this one is so much better. I am going to wrap up in a blanket with my little Chihuahua on my lap and just enjoy this last day of 2016.

Happy gaming all. Wishing you a very Happy New Year and a 2017 filled with joy.

demon13
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by demon13 on Dec 31, 16 4:16 PM
I have 6 Chihuahua's so if another Chihuahua lover likes this game than i will try it out,, Happy New Year,, This is in reply to biscuitsmama...I don't know how to answer any one personally,,,

Edited on 12/31/2016 at 4:19:00 PM PST

ljmb21
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by ljmb21 on Dec 31, 16 9:13 PM
I am not sure why people rated this game highly, I figured since the demo was so short and I was not sure I would like it, I would buy it based on the reviews. I am sorry I did! The story line was very boring....Well at least I earned some credits toward a free game

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,353 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jan 1, 17 5:55 AM
Short and to the point review:-

Didn't like the first Vermillion Watch and don't like this one either. I was bored to death after about 15 minutes and it didn't improve. Didn't get the 'fight' part so skipped it. Ridiculous story and fictional characters that weren't remotely believable. Another game from this dev I won't be buying.

An Eipix game.....again; do these developers ever sleep?? I nearly did while playing this demo

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,929 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Jan 1, 17 9:26 AM
Happy New Year, everyone !!!!

I love this game, I liked the first one too, and I took advantage of today's fabulous sale!

Happy gaming ,
M.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jan 5, 17 4:16 PM
Hello, friends! Back from Christmas Holiday, feeling great and happy to be back playing my games. Hope you all had a great Holiday as well! As always, I mostly review on the game play and leave the story line to others who do a much better job than I. This is #2 in this series, and what a nice addition it is. This game has excellent graphics, very clear, with bright clear true colors. They much improved the color over the first one in this series. Game play was excellent, I found no glitches or lag time between scenes, and animation was very smooth and nicely done. The game fit my large screen quite well. Excellent voice overs, very well done and dialog can be clicked through if you read faster than they speak. They are age and character appropriate, and actually showed emotion, e.g., anger, fear, and just plain nasty where needed. The music was well done, not over powering and because of the great sound FX, was not used all that much. Sound FX are exceptionally well done and has that edge of your seat feeling and makes a game feel more realistic.

HOPs are very nicely done and are varied highlighted words; word hints; find items relating to emotions, etc. The scenes are clear and items are not difficult to find. I did not see that you could switch to something else if you didn't care for the HOPs. There are morphing items in the HOPs. These are not that easy to spot either, so be on the lookout for them. Some of the puzzles were quite challenging. Not so much as to how hard they were to complete, but the need to actually use your brain to figure out what to do or where to go next. Of course, we also had some of the usual simple puzzles as well, e.g., match game, copy movements, etc. Hint system is helpful, but either there isn't a transport feature, or I haven't gone far enough for it to pop up and be useful. You don't do a great deal of back tracking, but there is some. I got so engrossed in the game that I didn't even look at the map, nor did I find the need to do so. This game flows very well.

Collectibles were a little disappointing. All I found are 41 lightning bolts that are quite large and easy to see. Didn't see anything else, but the game could have used a bit more in this department.

As I said before, I usually always just review on the game play and not the story line, but I will this time. I really like how this story starts out by giving you some highlights from the first one. It leads you into a new story, but explains a bit as to why these people are here and what they do. I found this story entertaining and a little different. This game drew me in from the opening scene, which very few do. It is full of action, adventure and enough challenge to keep you interested and wanting more. The first in this series was a very nice game, but this one is by far a much better game. I rarely give a game 5 stars. It has to be exceptional in all areas for that. The only reason I did not give this one 5, is because I felt the collectibles needed something more. Even at that, I gave this game a 4.75. I think all levels of players will find this one interesting, fun and challenging. Yes, I am going to add it to my collection.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

Go to: