What a Game!!!!

ShiningBright
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

What a Game!!!!

[Post New]by ShiningBright on Apr 3, 10 8:53 AM
This is new for me as I do not usually post what I think of a game or dislike about a game, but with this one I just had to say something about it.

The developers of this game did and OUTSTANDING job. With the forest, mines, hills, lake and main town area, the scenes are breath taking, feel and look like the real thing. Before collecting anything I had to stop and just sit back and look around at all the things going on, the snails crwling on leaves or the ground, the lady bugs moving around, ants (though do not like them, they are so real) butterflies flying around, frogs that you can make jump into the water (love that and makes me laugh), the sounds of the rain and wind (like you can really feel it), thunder (though not blinding and interupting game play), lightening you see comig down, and wow, the ships on the water moving along, the sailboats that you can see the wind flapping the sails as it moves in the water and the ducks swimming in the lake, just so many things going on and the deer in the main town area. The sounds of water dripping in the caves. The sights just blow me away with how real they have made it and the enjoyment that comes along with it if you really enjoy nature at all. Each place you have to go looks like it should and does in real life, which says something about the developers of this game.

The game play is not timed so you can take as much time as you need, I do not have the music on as I want to hear all the sounds of nature around me as I play. This is not a hard game at all, easy in game play, but the enjoyment is beyond words. There are tasks you have to do to move on, mini games are not mind boggling and you can skip them. I never had to use one single hint . I do not like building games, but this one is like another out there with a twist of fun and hidden object to me is fair ( love them in an adventure style) but this one has a great meaning with no junk piles to it, everything you are looking for has a prepose to it and makes since. I have played this game non stop daily, as it is always refreshing and enjoyable and love the animals and sounds to it.

If you have not tried this game I highly think you should, you might be surprised with it, really give it a try. I hope they make more games like this one and as good. Happy gaming everyone and thank you for listening to me, just had to say something about this game.

Vaugh
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,254 Posts

Re:What a Game!!!!

[Post New]by Vaugh on Apr 3, 10 9:31 AM
Great review ShiningBright

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Apr 4, 10 1:06 AM
WOW ShiningBright,

You said it all and then some. I would love to get more games like Colossus. I got it just a few minutes into the the new month and am still playing it. Talk about getting a bang for the buck, this is it. Colossus just progresses and progresses as I am able to make more items and factories or mills or businesses. I just figured out that when a business or factory has a red circle with a diagonal line in it, I need something. Usually food or wood. If I click on that factory or business, it will tell me what I need.

I love the graphics and how as the game progresses the more intricate the forest is, or the mines are, or the hills are, etc. How wonderful it is to look for the changes.

As you said, it is a HOG, a Stratagy, etc. It has a wonderful story, love watching a crude village grown into a large ancient city. It is everything.

Thank you BF for making Colossus available to us and please bring more.

Colossus truly gets a Seattle gets loads of thumbs up

Rose_Ann
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Rose_Ann on Apr 4, 10 1:22 PM
I agree totally with Patnsky and ShiningBright! I really love this game. I just finished it. There are many hours of gameplay ... compare this to many other games that are completed in 3-4 hours. I hope the developers produce more games like Colossus.

jujus1a
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by jujus1a on Apr 4, 10 8:16 PM
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH ALL OF THE ABOVE.
It is a brilliant game that takes hours and hours to play. Extremely great value for the money.

Regards

Julie

lynwil
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by lynwil on Apr 4, 10 8:56 PM
I would just like to add my tuppence worth and say a huge thanks to the developers and Big Fish for this game - so different and enjoyable!!

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Apr 4, 10 10:58 PM
Wow with a review like that I have to try it! Thanks.

[Post New]by wildcolonial on Apr 6, 10 11:15 PM
Hi everyone

I never, never, ever buy building games, but after 10 mins of the trial, I bought this one. I agree with everything that's been/being said about "Settlement: Colossus and hope there's more to come.

poopysue
Shark
Shark
10,858 Posts

[Post New]by poopysue on Apr 6, 10 11:44 PM
I like it too. I play it when I have brain melt-down. No, not all the time!

Unsinkable
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by Unsinkable on Apr 7, 10 5:43 AM
One of the best games of all time ! After winning the game I started all over . I have played this game 3 times in a row ( I don't do this ) !

[Post New]by alcast on Apr 7, 10 3:14 PM
I too have started on my second round of play, this game is not only enjoyable, it is beautiful. You just need to sit back and look at the scenes and watch for a bit cause there is so much to see. LOVE IT!!!!!

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Apr 7, 10 3:27 PM
I agree completely

[Post New]by star_dust90 on Apr 13, 10 2:26 AM
I simply love and adore this game!!! I'm not a big fan of this type of game and happen upon it by accident, lol...but there was no hesitation to purchase it after the demo. I just couldn't get enough of this game and so far i've played it so many times already and it's beginning to grow on me, lol. You won't be disappointed, that's for sure

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Apr 13, 10 2:34 AM
Shining, thanks so much for your glowing review! I had really liked the game when I tried it, and like you, had truly enjoyed the realistic settings. So soothing!

I'd been trying to decide which game I was going to get with my second freebie from March, and after reading this, I got this one.

What a Game!!!!

[Post New]by bigfishsol on Apr 13, 10 2:25 PM
ShiningBright wrote:This is new for me as I do not usually post what I think of a game or dislike about a game, but with this one I just had to say something about it.

The developers of this game did and OUTSTANDING job. With the forest, mines, hills, lake and main town area, the scenes are breath taking, feel and look like the real thing. Before collecting anything I had to stop and just sit back and look around at all the things going on, the snails crwling on leaves or the ground, the lady bugs moving around, ants (though do not like them, they are so real) butterflies flying around, frogs that you can make jump into the water (love that and makes me laugh), the sounds of the rain and wind (like you can really feel it), thunder (though not blinding and interupting game play), lightening you see comig down, and wow, the ships on the water moving along, the sailboats that you can see the wind flapping the sails as it moves in the water and the ducks swimming in the lake, just so many things going on and the deer in the main town area. The sounds of water dripping in the caves. The sights just blow me away with how real they have made it and the enjoyment that comes along with it if you really enjoy nature at all. Each place you have to go looks like it should and does in real life, which says something about the developers of this game.

The game play is not timed so you can take as much time as you need, I do not have the music on as I want to hear all the sounds of nature around me as I play. This is not a hard game at all, easy in game play, but the enjoyment is beyond words. There are tasks you have to do to move on, mini games are not mind boggling and you can skip them. I never had to use one single hint . I do not like building games, but this one is like another out there with a twist of fun and hidden object to me is fair ( love them in an adventure style) but this one has a great meaning with no junk piles to it, everything you are looking for has a prepose to it and makes since. I have played this game non stop daily, as it is always refreshing and enjoyable and love the animals and sounds to it.

If you have not tried this game I highly think you should, you might be surprised with it, really give it a try. I hope they make more games like this one and as good. Happy gaming everyone and thank you for listening to me, just had to say something about this game.

QEIII
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by QEIII on Apr 18, 10 7:24 AM
I have just finished playing this game and agree with every word that Shining bright said. It truly is a colossus of a game. The scenes are breathtaking and the game play is outstanding. So easy to pick up and so difficult to put down!! More like this this please please. Perhaps Egypt next time - building a pyramid or sphinx perhaps?

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on Apr 22, 10 6:14 PM
Add me to the list of extremely satisfied customers of this game!

More please!

For all the reasons already listed and more i would have to say that this is up there in my Top 10 list!

If you haven't tried it yet... oh what a treat you are in for

ShiningBright
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by ShiningBright on Apr 23, 10 2:29 AM
I am SO HAPPY to read and hear that my review of this game has led to so many others trying the game and really liking it. It is truly breath taking, unlike any game I have played thus far, the sounds of nature, the beautiful scenes, you can not help but be taken in by this game. I STILL play this game every day and I have yet to be tired of it or bored. This is truly well worth the money and like some have mentioned, I really hope they make more games like this one.

Happy gaming all

honeyg412
Clownfish
Clownfish
985 Posts

[Post New]by honeyg412 on Apr 24, 10 7:33 PM
Unsinkable wrote:One of the best games of all time ! After winning the game I started all over . I have played this game 3 times in a row ( I don't do this ) !

I agree with everything mentioned above about this game. I just couldn't get enough of it so I ended up playing it four times before going on to play something else. It's very, very addictive. It sits on my desktop and every time I turn my computer on I'm tempted to start the game again. If anyone knows of any other HOG games like this please post it.

zephyr369
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by zephyr369 on Apr 25, 10 11:17 AM
Loved it! Definitely worth the price! I hope to see more games of this kind in the future.

Go to: